Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,317 members, 7,932,215 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 09:21 PM

Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land (14570 Views)

Lagos On Lockdown As Many Engage In "Last Minute Rush Buys For Xmas" - Photos / Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. / $1.5bn Lekki Deep Seaport Project Suffers Setback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by infobiz9ja(m): 8:21am On Sep 02, 2014
Just Passing.
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by ratiken(m): 8:21am On Sep 02, 2014
God Please let this be true. I strongly believe this project was earmarked for GEJ'S 2nd term. With the infrastructure on ground by Akpabio, the state is ready for the economic boom that will be prompted by this development.

Ibaka is a deep seaport and will require less routine dredging and less maintenance cost
This will singlehandedly decongest lagos to a great extent and will be a huge boost to the SS zone
Less pressures on our roads transporting containers to the SE/SS zone as they will ship items directly thru ibaka which is at close proximity to aba, onitsha and PH.
Watch as service companies will spring up in AK state.

The benefits will be immense as long as the private partnership is properly managed.

They need to guard against the situation in Intels concession of PH where Atiku fixed rates beyond economic threshold for non-oil and gas businesses.

6 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by Chidexter(m): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2014
great development
beatricewebb: How does this put food on the table for the hungry masses?

it will actually, during construction the workers are involved, after construction there'd be job opportunities for the. masses

4 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by perfectcrush(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2014
Ken Nnamani, bn eatin our money b4 his era as senator, yet he is still on ground. Smh 4 dz kantri
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by henryblaze25(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2014
And My Governor will continue to hala, I haven't started and they are saying I have done enough undecided

nah d same oil money we dey receive.

Baba God if we have offended u in any way, Baba God 4give us. We have been suffering 4rm Bad leadership and share the money system of Government. Sice u elevated our son, we were in a frying pan, we later went to fire.who knows the next place we will ourselves.
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by gemiclem(m): 8:25am On Sep 02, 2014

ado ata unam
adiok ano ifod

5 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by ebolablast: 8:26am On Sep 02, 2014
welcome development

AIRTEL IN TROUBLE!!! Enjoy Free Unlimited Call To
All Airtel Number

http:///Gxzp
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 02, 2014
Do you blame him? He is into buying and selling. He hardly returns buyer's change cus he is good at approximation.
yousee: Bia, this OP, becareful o. Why is your topic saying 15000 when its 14900 hectares that is being acquired?
E be like say you no sabi say 100 hectares is more than enough to start land wahala for that Mbo LGA
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by Bamss1(m): 8:29am On Sep 02, 2014
so u ar waiting for government to cook food and bring to ur table abi?

olodo..

4 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by poiZon: 8:37am On Sep 02, 2014
phransix147: Calabar port has not been utilitized so is Port Harcourt and Warri and the proximity between all these ports is not far... Com'on AKSG good development but should not be our priority now...

calabar seaport isnt utilize cos its a shallow water seaport, billions are being spent just to dredge the water to accomodate big ocean liners, ph n delta would ve been utilize but for d fact of the trouble in d region, i mean militancy n also d berthng port for oceanliners is far from the port facility, this constitute bulk of insecurity to the port hence underutilizatn. so ibaka if come to fruition will bridge these anomalies, cos its a deepwater zone n the concept of dredgng all yearlong to accomodate big vessels is null.
though its a stale news comng from akwaibom state govt, on a serious note we would ve been celebratng ibaka seaport long before nw, biznez shuld hv commenced since, but what they like doing n like doing best is PLAYING POLITICS OVER GOVERNANCE.
AKPABIO GOD IS WATCHING, all the billions mismanaged shall surely choke you.

6 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by poiZon: 8:38am On Sep 02, 2014
Cy4praise: Am from Akwa Ibom, dat man is a crook. Same old news for 6years now

abasi udiong.

shey him wan go senate, my God no go gree.

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by Horlawoomey(m): 8:40am On Sep 02, 2014
I just like this Akwa Ibom governor with all these projects he is embarking on, best performing PDP governor so far.... The pension stuff is just like a piece of feaces at the edge of a nice dish.

2 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by RexLea1(m): 8:40am On Sep 02, 2014
I'm quite grateful that the reality of Akwa Ibom's projects is only in Annang land with an iota of it felt in Ibibio. All the promises of projects are directed towards Oron. The proposed Ibaka seaport is as old as Akpabio Administration, yet nothing tangible has been done about it. All I can hear is, "the project will soon kick off". May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by Mubby4luv(m): 8:40am On Sep 02, 2014
yousee: Bia, this OP, becareful o. Why is your topic saying 15000 when its 14900 hectares that is being acquired?
E be like say you no sabi say 100 hectares is more than enough to start land wahala for that Mbo LGA
The op must have rounded it up.. Some people have no respect for decimal points angry.
@ topic, the land owners must be very happy. they just became billionaire's
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by nativedoctor(m): 8:41am On Sep 02, 2014
Norajones: Akwa ibom ado ok

Etang ekak ikop okop
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by nigerianvenom(m): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2014

atang akpaniko.lol,its really ok.have u bin there b4?
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by DANILSA(m): 8:44am On Sep 02, 2014
priscaoge:
Aba dere jiiii Aba ajucheesycheesygringrin
My dear am so angry, Lagosians tell u"eko oni baje, Anambians tell u Anambra adigo mma, Enugu guys tell you enugu is now a tourist hub, Ibom is now structurally competing with Abuja, just tell me what to say as an abian # Abaisthedirtiestpartinnigeria # Hur
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by chincent: 8:50am On Sep 02, 2014
He should try and finish Eket Ibeno road first. sad

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by Businesslocator(m): 8:51am On Sep 02, 2014
invest via atm card or perfect money
and get paid after 7 business days www.einvest.com.ng office address : Plot 595 Durumi Road Area 1, Near Old
Secretariat,Abuja.
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by phreakabit(m): 8:55am On Sep 02, 2014
Nice move. . . Power shift!

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 02, 2014
This news has been on air since 2007.. I am an indigene of that area and I can authoritative tell you that nothing has happen in that place.

The only thing that's visible is the foundation laying stone and one big billboard. Even the roads that leads to the area is as bad as something else.

Next time I travel I will try and get the pics and possibly creates a topic on it
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by slydog(m): 8:57am On Sep 02, 2014
This state is the next big thing to happen in Nigeria, I wish we could give Akpabio one more term. I also pray that he fast track the sea port b4 he leaves. I already feel like settling down in this state.
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by gbenga4sure(m): 8:58am On Sep 02, 2014
Akwa ibom ayaya
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 02, 2014
Making progress. smiley great news
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by priscaoge(f): 9:03am On Sep 02, 2014
DANILSA:
My dear am so angry, Lagosians tell u"eko oni baje, Anambians tell u Anambra adigo mma, Enugu guys tell you enugu is now a tourist hub, Ibom is now structurally competing with Abuja, just tell me what to say as an abian # Abaisthedirtiestpartinnigeria # Hur
Lolcheesycheesy...Seriously that Guy no de try @all. Am in Aba now and I understand U perfectly.

2 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 02, 2014
Cy4praise: Am from Akwa Ibom, dat man is a crook. Same old news for 6years now
How is he a crook? You are ungrateful and disgusting. I am not from Akwa Ibom, but I am ashamed that even you who is from the state does not appreciate what you have. What Akpabio has done in his time will take over 20 years to be achieved in other states.

I was at Akwa Ibom a few times this year and I was very much impressed with what was on ground. The road networks and construction is high standard like non-found in other states. Many Governors don't work after first term, but Akpabio is still working.

The seaport is one that has been hugely and politically hindered and that's no fault of Akpabio because they know that will result in lose of money at their end.

You are prodigal son... yes you!

Rozayx5, see your bro. angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by nigerianvenom(m): 9:11am On Sep 02, 2014
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 02, 2014
Dis guys shd stop talking and start working on the sea port jare. Abi e neva do?
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by Bryan12(m): 9:22am On Sep 02, 2014
Its been a long time coming....I just pray it doesn't get abandoned by the next governor.
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 02, 2014
It feels gud wen most of d news u hear on ur state are related to development of some sort,feeling like a proud akwaibomite. cool
like if u feel d same way.
Re: Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 02, 2014
Please our able Governor

God Bless you for all your efforts towards developing infrastructures in the State

But the seeming neglect of the basic need of the commonest man in favour of cumbersome, money gulping projects
appears to be an act geared towards personal gains, glorification and aggrandizement.

Create and implement policies and programs that will boost the agricultural sector of the state just so food products/materials
can be produced internally making them affordable.

Storage facility for fish farmers in Oron so our fish does not end up sold before it even gets into town thus making it too expensive

Palm Kernel processing and Cassava Processing are areas your Administration can also pump in good! money

Youth empowerment through Loans and not political thuggery and slavery

Akwa-abasi Ibom state is blessed!....

May God give you the wisdom to engage in the necessary projects.

#PeopledesufferSir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Best Way To Withdraw From Paypal In Nigeria? / Side Hustle / CBN Applauds Banks In Ogun Over Circulation Of New Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.