Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,566 members, 7,926,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 07:13 PM

8 Types Of Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Types Of Christians (1188 Views)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service / 3 Types Of " Christians " On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Types Of Christians by Acidosis(m): 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
Environmental Christian:
He is the type of Christian who is being controlled by the environment in which he finds himself. An environmental Christian is unstable on his decision. His motto is "If you are in Rome, behave like a Roman; if you're in Africa, then behave like an African." By implication this means that whenever he is among Christians he behave as one, but when he is in a place where nobody knows him as a Christian, he drops Christianity for any other thing.

Cultural Christian:
He is being controlled by his culture. Whatever the culture of the land says whether such culture is anti-Bible or not, he is binding on him because that is what he subscribes to. He sees nothing bad in mixing his so called culture - unbiblical standard - with his Christianity. He would rather offend God than go against the culture of the land.

Self-pleasing Christian:
He loves to be a Christian under one condition: "Lord, let me serve you the way I want; I want you to be my Lord and Saviour but do not ask me to do what I would not enjoy doing." His obedience is partial. He seeks his own, not the things which are for Christ Jesus (Phil 2:21). Christianity without self-denial is out of base smiley

Convenient Christian:
His motto is "God is not wicked." As far as he is concerned, Christianity is not a do or die affair. You dare not ask him to leave his comfort zone for the sake of Christ and His Kingdom. He prays/reads his Bible when it is covenient. He would not be a serious Christian until God answers his prayer for wife, for child, for job or whatever be his needs. He does not want to suffer for the sake of obeying Christ, forgetting that "If indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together with Him." (Romans 8:17a).

...Contd.
Re: 8 Types Of Christians by Acidosis(m): 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
Ceremonial Christian:
His other name is "Ceremonial parish". He seems to have the Lord but only for excitement. His kind of Christianity is characterized by mere dancing, jumping, whistling, chair-lifting and singing anyhow provided it does not request for a change of life and he can put on any type of dress. Yes, he is baptized, and also a partaker of the Lord's Super, he is religious except that his appearance betrays him.
The ceremonial Christian chooses not to hear anything said about worldliness. His theology is "we are still in the world; nobody has ever gone to heaven to come back and tell us how to dress in a heavenly way." He makes friends easily with unbelievers.
He does not believe in being a deep/devoted Christian. "Do not judge...", and "do not discriminate" are two major 'Bible verses' he memorized.
These are the kind of people causing problem in and for the Church of God. These fake Christians are the cause of immorality and worldly practices that have crept into the Church. Because of this, the world laughs at us in mockery; even the preaching of the gospel is made to be of no value again.

Carnal Christian:
In his own case, his Christianity does not disturb him from sinning. As committed as he seems to be, his character remains what it used to be before his so called new life experience. No matter how strong the word of God comes to him, he would simply wave it aside and go ahead with his old pattern of life. Skelewu on Friday nite; Azonto on Sunday worship service. Ask him why he feels such dance steps are good in Church; he would simply tell you - "I'm dancing for my God, even though I learnt the steps from Davido." His Christianity does not hinder him from fighting and stealing. Such was Judas IscaRIOT (John 12:6). "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, not indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God" (Romans 8:7-cool.
Re: 8 Types Of Christians by Acidosis(m): 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
Circumstantial Christian:
His second name is "Good weather Christian." For better he stays in Christ, but for worse he takes to his heel! - Bread and Butter Christian. A typical example is Demas (2Timothy 4:10). They love miracles so much, but would not take their walk with God as a serious matter.

All weather Christian:
He is not moved by anything whether good or bad. Talk of poverty or prosperity, his focus is, "That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His suffering." (Phil. 3:10). There is nothing Nairalanders & Colleagues.... can do that will distract his attention from his beloved Master, Jesus.
The all-weather Christian is indeed threat to the kingdom of darkness and a challenge to people on godly living. He is obedient to the instructions of the Lord to the core. Such were Apostles Paul and John.
His motto is "Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death" (Phil. 1:20).

These people are the reason God described the way to heaven as "narrow".

Reference: "What Type of Christian Are You?" - Timothy K.O

3 Likes

Re: 8 Types Of Christians by Lilimax(f): 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
The early disciples were called Christians because they were behaving like Christ.

1 Like

Re: 8 Types Of Christians by emmyskies(m): 7:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
I can't help but agree with you op. "All weather christians" are the rarest in our today's world and society, both here on nairaland, sad but true enough is: Anything fall short of "All weather christianity" is just a waste of time and will land one in eternal damnation.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Types Of Christians by okotv(m): 1:37am On Sep 03, 2014
all weather Christians are scarce but are the real Christians....God please more grace to make it till the end
Re: 8 Types Of Christians by Acidosis(m): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2014
(Amen) ^ ^

(1) (Reply)

A / RCCG Member Cuts Off Own Penis To Focus On 21 Days Fasting And Prayers (pics). / Help Me!!! Help Me!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.