Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,817 members, 7,886,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 03:21 AM

Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? (521 Views)

What's Your Best Gospel Song Ever? / Canadian Naturalised Nigerian Drops A Debut Single / The Best Nigerian Love Song Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? by fubbyy(m): 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
I was in the studio 2day and someone(female rapper) was recording her debut song,she was too good in what she does,everybody predicted the song being a hit

someone advised her to keep that song for sometime and release it after she must have dropped a couple of tracks,that debut song has never been a hit song

Everyone attacked the guy to shut up , but he gave everyone an assignment to call one debut song that becomes a hit, no one could,any song you mention you will still realize that the person has previous songs,Is it like a law or jinx?

Has anyone went to the studio to record his or her first song and it becomes a hit?
Re: Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? by adanduka: 9:15pm On Sep 02, 2014
Kuchi kuchi yaaaaa.
Re: Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? by fubbyy(m): 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
adanduka: Kuchi kuchi yaaaaa.
which song is that?

Is it "o baby o baby" song?
Re: Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? by Heywhizzy(m): 8:03am On Sep 03, 2014
Davido-back when nd M.i abaga's,iceprince-oleku
Re: Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? by adanduka: 9:08am On Sep 03, 2014
fubbyy: which song is that?

Is it "o baby o baby" song?

Yes.
I believe that was her debut song.
Re: Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
yes but continuity is key... trinidad james -- All Gold Everything cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? by fubbyy(m): 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
Heywhizzy: Davido-back when nd M.i abaga's,iceprince-oleku
oleku is not ice prince first song, he's been dropping songs before that
Re: Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? by fubbyy(m): 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
adanduka:

Yes.
I believe that was her debut song.
no no no, she's been singing for years
Re: Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? by Tushkid74(m): 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
OP by debut, do u mean 1st official single,or the 1st track the artiste ever recorded?(promo).
If ur question's about the former,Imgaine Dragons 1st single "It's Time" was a hit,chris brown,and sum other musician have achieved such feat.
But if u are talking 'bout a promo song,thats a bit tricky,because once its a hit,it would automatically be made the debut single.
An example is Drake's "best i eveq had".
Re: Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? by fubbyy(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
Tushkid74: OP by debut, do u mean 1st official single,or the 1st track the artiste ever recorded?(promo).
If ur question's about the former,Imgaine Dragons 1st single "It's Time" was a hit,chris brown,and sum other musician have achieved such feat.
But if u are talking 'bout a promo song,thats a bit tricky,because once its a hit,it would automatically be made the debut single.
An example is Drake's "best i eveq had".
yes am talking about first single ever recorded in a studio(promo,demo or official) because that's what the girl was doing that brought about the argument

Those people you just mentioned,it may surprise you if you did a research about them and see that they have been recording and dropping songs
Re: Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? by MzHolly(f): 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
It is possible with good web promo like the one Nairatunes provides.

Add 2877275E for more info
Re: Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? by Jalal(m): 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
Yea JUCEE's hit Gugele!
Re: Has A Debut Song Ever Become A Hit? by Tushkid74(m): 5:37am On Sep 05, 2014
fubbyy: yes am talking about first single ever recorded in a studio(promo,demo or official) because that's what the girl was doing that brought about the argument

Those people you just mentioned,it may surprise you if you did a research about them and see that they have been recording and dropping songs

Ok.
Am nt so sure 'bout Drake,but Imagine Dragon's debut single was a billboard hit.
Its on their wikipedia page.
And u are right,they might have recorded previous demo(s),bt the official single was a hit.

(1) (Reply)

Reminisce – Let It Be Known (freestyle) / Video: Olamide – Skelemba Ft. Don Jazzy / Video: Julius Agwu Dances Shoki In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.