Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,924 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:36 AM

“where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir (2072 Views)

Buhari Accepts Bible Gift At Meeting With Northern Christians / Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja / Oshiomhole Escapes Being Beaten At Meeting Of National Dialogue In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by CarmelloANGEL(m): 10:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
In a bizarre tale that illustrates how Nigeria is run, President
Goodluck Jonathan arrived two weeks ago at a top secret
meeting with the exiled Emir of Gwoza, the newly-named
headquarters of Boko Haram’s so-called “Islamic Caliphate,”
with no knowledge of the location of Gwoza, presidency
sources at the meeting said.
According to SaharaReporters, the Emir, Muhammed Timta,
escaped after the militants invaded Gwoza on August 16 and
took over his palace. He arrived in Abuja after first making his
way to Maiduguri to escape further attempts on his life. His
father, Idrissa Timta, had died in a Boko Haram
ambush on May 30, 2014 as Boko Haram ambushed his
convoy on his way to the burial of the Emir of Gombe.
Shortly after Timta’s arrival in Abuja, President Jonathan sent
for the Emir, who was accompanied to the meeting by a Borno
Senator, Ali Ndume. However, to the utter shock of the Emir,
President Jonathan did not know where Gwoza was located:
Adamawa or Borno State.
Presidency sources said silence enveloped the room after the
President, apparently lacking basic research or a briefing by
his numerous aides and security agencies, allegedly asked in
condescending pidgin, “Where’s Gwoza sef?”
Mr. Jonathan then promised to ‘liberate’ Gwoza after Senator
Ndume told him Gwoza was his home town and that it is
located in Borno State.
Gwoza remains under the control of Boko Haram after the sect
took over the township in a raid and declared the town the
headquarters of the “Islamic Caliphate” in the Northeast of
Nigeria.
At least three attempts by Nigerian troops have been repelled
by the militants. Several soldiers and innocent civilians were
killed.

SOURCE: http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/01/“where-gwoza-sef”-jonathan-asks-meeting-emir

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by Jnrbayerno(m): 10:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
dunno what to say...anyway its none of my business
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by seunlayi(m): 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
it is possible, you don't expect him to know every where

4 Likes

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by ifemiide: 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
I dont believe sahara reporter, they are alwaays after the downfall of our oga at the top, they are not objective.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by hernars(m): 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2014
That doesn't make him a less active president. GEJ is trying is just dat he has more enemies than friends and northern leaders really want him to fall......I BEG WHEN WE DEY RESUME JARE (Unilorin)
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by hernars(m): 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
seunlayi: it is possible, you don't expect him to know every where
abi oooooo!!!! Front page plzzz
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by persius555(m): 5:43am On Sep 03, 2014
grin My presido, google is your friend.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by eunisam: 5:59am On Sep 03, 2014
is in South Africa
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by Tval(m): 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
Video of him asking or I don't believe this write-up.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 03, 2014

That's why he have those useless aides, he should have been well briefed before the meeting.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 04, 2014
Dummies surrounded by more dummies
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by sammondonpoint(m): 2:45am On Sep 04, 2014
Too much cassava bread is not good for the body

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by sammondonpoint(m): 3:48am On Sep 04, 2014

Steewped statement

because he doesn't know, he ought not to have made some findings about the place before uttering such gibberish statement to the press

Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by san316(m): 5:14am On Sep 04, 2014
Mooogbe!!! If this is true, it means GEJ is an irredeemable drinker of the strongest brand of ogogoro. His aides are worse. Chances are, he didn't even know gwoza was overrun in the first and he was told bh has moved finally to cameroon(so he thought gwoza was in cameroon). It's disheartening that some people will find a way to defend this inglorious display of ignorance, but it is inexcusable. As a presido, u should know everything about your country. If a white man tells us something abt Nigeria, we keep shouting 'they dnt know our country more than us', now gej has proved us wrong. We know he can't pass a quiz on Nigerian historeography.

1 Like

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by tonytony208(m): 6:06am On Sep 04, 2014

your life must be shrouded in mediocrity yourself for you to be defending mediocrity. If he is truly presidential, he should know about gwoza, especially after the emir of gwoza was murdered by the common enemy called boko haram. He should also have been briefed immediately boko haram sacked the town; that is, if his security aides are responsible. Normally, his security aides should have briefed him and given him load down info about gwoza when he was told the emir wanted to see him; that is the only way to make informed decision and give informed response as a true and competent president.

I suspect you are from the south and therefore you feel boko haram is one distant noise that is very far away and therefore does not concern you. Yoruba will say: ikú t'ó pa ojúgbà eni, òwe l'o n pa f'éni. If boko haram is not quelled on time, it will reach southsouth and southwest one day. Now if Ede in osun state is your town and boko haram sacks the town, how will you feel if jona started asking if Ede is in Lagos or Osun state? I was supporting Gej b4, but he has proved he lacks gut and the mental prowess to lead a country during war time (yeah, nigeria is at war!). He may be good during peace time, but i dont think he can be a true Commander in Chief during war time. (i only hope he even understands the true meaning of the word "C-in-C"wink.

5 Likes

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by tonytony208(m): 6:17am On Sep 04, 2014
hernars: That doesn't make him a less active president. GEJ is trying is just dat he has more enemies than friends and northern leaders really want him to fall......I BEG WHEN WE DEY RESUME JARE (Unilorin)

jona is his own enemy. When he said "corruption is not stealing", was it his enemies that pushed that out of him? Then how did you pass English if you still cannot differentiate btw WE and WILL?

1 Like

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by Janeify(f): 7:11am On Sep 04, 2014
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by ba7man(m): 7:14am On Sep 04, 2014
In a bid to support a daft man, a lot of peeps on this forum have become daft.

I wasnt elected to be president, neither are Billions of dollars under my control to protect certain citizens from insurgents.............but I know where Gwoza is located and I follow every battle in that region.........because I'm concerned for the safety of the people and troops fighting there.

Seriously, GEJ's head is filled with air...He has no excuse not to know.

And some people get angry when he's called "Clueless".

Here's another perfect example.

1 Like

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by ziccoit: 7:14am On Sep 04, 2014
This was actually unfortunate if it was true. What the president did is akin to a husband asking his wife the name of one of their children. The man might have even forgot he is the president of Nigeria and where the country is. It is an act of irresponsibility of highest order.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by NnamdiN: 7:21am On Sep 04, 2014
You guys swallow everything as long as it makes the president look bad. Did you guys even click the source of this info? A nairalander fabricated this story expecting it to trend but it didn't. There's no such story. GEJ might not be perfect but He's a good president and IMO the best president this country has ever had and whether you guys like it or not, he's occupying that seat till 2019
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by Frankenstein: 7:27am On Sep 04, 2014
sammondonpoint:

Steewped statement

because he doesn't know, he ought not to have made some findings about the place before uttering such gibberish statement to the press

Mtcheeew
It was an informal meeting with the emir. No press around. By the way, there's no way anybody can prove he asked that question and in pidgin English.
Even if he did, what's the biggie?
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 7:50am On Sep 04, 2014
I DON'T BELIEVE THIS STORY. GWOZA, A TOWN PRESS MEN HAVE BEEN SINGING ABOUT FOR MONTHS. ONE OF THE HOTSPOTS OF BOKO HARAM MADNESS. PRESIDENT JONATHAN CAN'T BE THIS INCREDIBLE.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by BRAV0O(m): 8:06am On Sep 04, 2014
Gej is not nigeria president, many of you just don't know
This con3 will never seize making this kind of history, time will tell
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by sammondonpoint(m): 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2014
Frankenstein: It was an informal meeting with the emir. No press around. By the way, there's no way anybody can prove he asked that question and in pidgin English.
Even if he did, what's the biggie?

you said no big deal

do you realise he is the number one citizen of this nation?
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by hernars(m): 11:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
tonytony208:

jona is his own enemy. When he said "corruption is not stealing", was it his enemies that pushed that out of him? Then how did you pass English if you still cannot differentiate btw WE and WILL?
people sha! My last sentence was meant to be in broken english... So think twice before u gosh out trash from ur mouth
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by tonytony208(m): 5:44am On Sep 08, 2014
hernars: people sha! My last sentence was meant to be in broken english... So think twice before u gosh out trash from ur mouth

"was meant to be"! Are nairalanders mind readers that they will be able to decipher what you "meant to" write? I think it is you that should think twice before you "gosh" out oral diarrhea.
And mark you, the right thing is "gush" and not "gosh". Am still wondering if you can defend your English Language result.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” GEJ Asks At Meeting With Emir by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 08, 2014
With the way Nairaland has been positioned this wont make frontpage. Nl is now pro-fg and starting a propaganda of winning the war against BH. Well it is right we have to be patriotic but lets also be objective. The fg is living in denial and not putting in 100% effort.

U.S. assistant secretary for African affairs, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, made the announcement Thursday when she and the United Nations expressed deep concern about the deteriorating security situation. In an apparent rebuke to the Nigerian government and the military's denials of the perilous situation, she said it was "past time for denial and pride."

(1) (Reply)

Anambra North: Oduah Picks PDP Form For Senate / Just Read This Intelligent Twitter Conversation With Ahmad Salkida On Boko Haram / Why GMB May Not Get To Aso Rock Despite The Ongoing Overwhelming Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.