Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,717 members, 7,951,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 07:52 AM

Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe (31316 Views)

Explain Borno, Adamawa Attacks, Fayose Tells Lai Mohammed / Buhari Deploys The Military And Armoured Tanks In PH To Intimidate Wike- PHOTOS / Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by dj187: 10:02am On Sep 03, 2014
deor03:

A friend saw this over the weekend
Obsolete amoured tanker mtcheeeew

2 Likes

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Yugosng(m): 10:02am On Sep 03, 2014
wazoboy: In what looked like a move to
reinforce the troops fighting Boko
Haram terrorists in North-eastern
Nigeria, the Nigerian army Monday
night deployed over 30 armoured
tanks to Borno, Adamawa and Yobe
States that were recently ordered by
the federal government to crush the
insurgency.
THISDAY confirmed the movement
of about[b] two trailer loads of over 30
tanks[/b] around 9 pm along the Abuja-
Lokoja Expressway.
This is just as the Borno youth
vigilantes, popularly known as the
Civilian JTF, yesterday dispelled...

Is it only me that is trying hard to fathom how 30 armored tanks will fit into 2 trailers. Or are these trailers UFO type, probably of Airbus size? undecided

Nigerian news people and their ways of reporting though lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by popson1st: 10:03am On Sep 03, 2014
Did anyone pondering what I'm pondering about the OP?
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by naijaobi(m): 10:03am On Sep 03, 2014
good
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by deeobserver209(m): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2014
Good development. The military should leave no stone unturned to clear Borno State of terrorist elements. Boko Haram days are numbered.
Go Soldiers. Finish them all.
More grease to the Nigerian Army.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by ifydon4real(m): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2014
Nice move! Hope we shall excel at the end of the day!
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 03, 2014
My heart and prayers goes to the people of these areas

Especially the weak and voiceless

People who have since known these places as home and have no where to run to.

2 Likes

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by msmon(m): 10:22am On Sep 03, 2014
End of Discussion!

Anyone here who knows Dugbe, Oyo state very well? I'm off there now and I need direction. Pls kindly contact me (check my signature for my bbm pin).
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by deeobserver209(m): 10:23am On Sep 03, 2014
dj187: Obsolete amoured tanker mtcheeeew
That obsolete looking object can still do the job perfectly well. Can be traced and tracked should anyone of them gets missing.

2 Likes

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Xano(m): 10:23am On Sep 03, 2014
Hmm
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by boujaye: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2014
two trailer loads of over 30 tanks around 9 pm along the Abuja-Lokoja Expressway.

Haba! how can just two trailers carry over 30 armoured tanks? How true is this? Or is't fuel tanks?

1 Like

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by MailSA: 10:27am On Sep 03, 2014
Last fight tinz
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Collynzo16: 10:27am On Sep 03, 2014
Those weapons might just end up in the hands of boko haram as usual.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by gbishman: 10:31am On Sep 03, 2014
For the love of Christ, doe's our military know the meaning of covert operations. U hauling tanks from place to place, most especially in broad day light don't u think u given the enemy an advantage by them knowing the kind of equipment in ur arsenal and also allowing them provide weapons that can take ur equipment out.
To me this is pure callousness on the part of the military, am of the view that by now we ought to have set up bases around captured areas and fortified them and from there they advance closer and closer into the enemies strong hold, while the Cameroonians do the same until we have them cornered. Remember who ever has the high grounds has total advantage.

5 Likes

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by alcuin(m): 10:31am On Sep 03, 2014
What a mediicre report....

Anyway, Godspeed to the military.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by ProfyJay(m): 10:32am On Sep 03, 2014
wazoboy: Military Takes Delivery Of New Hardware, Insurgents Death Toll Rises In Bama

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/military-takes-delivery-of-new-hardware-insurgents-death-toll-rises-to-130-in-bama/188056/
. Kill them all grin
wazoboy: Military Takes Delivery Of New Hardware, Insurgents Death Toll Rises In Bama

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/military-takes-delivery-of-new-hardware-insurgents-death-toll-rises-to-130-in-bama/188056/
. Kill them all

1 Like

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by condralbede(m): 10:34am On Sep 03, 2014
Ride on boys....
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by harlaryour(f): 10:35am On Sep 03, 2014
Daz a gud development
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by steeve123(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2014
Were is the Nigeria of our dream, only yesterday we were deploying soldiers for peace keeping mission in Africa region and now soldiers are been deploy to fight Boko Haram in the north. I still trace the uprise of insurgent in Africa to the fall of the Gadafi regime.

1 Like

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by spyx64(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2014
yes it sounds like a good move, and all of you who seat in their comfort zone will start singing praises.......but lets hope that the military is not going to runaway and let the BokoHaram take over this equipment's as usual. alot of stories have been going round as to where this guys are getting arms from, but the last video on YouTube has shown clearly how they get most their weapons, even the so called tanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4IgD--nKg

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by steeve123(m): 10:39am On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=dljbd1]
Haba! I jst dy read read d tyn no wan end. E 2long na abeg![/quote

Long comment like this dey discourage ppl from reading and contributing to a fine topic like dis. abeg try reduce comment.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by tunex23: 10:44am On Sep 03, 2014
dj187: Location: Sambisa , Bama, and Gwoza

Code: Operation Thunder Bolt (Fire for Fire)

Target: Rag tag Islamist smelly boko haram
. Operation desert storm!
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by lordsilver: 10:46am On Sep 03, 2014
enomakos: why is senator ahmed zanna not in prison yet?

jonathan need to be ruthless

i miss sani abacha

Don't miss Sani Abacha yet until you understand the DIFFERENCE btw Democracy and Military Rule.

One is a democrat while the other is a dictator.

2 Likes

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by BlackTechnology: 10:47am On Sep 03, 2014
GEJ till 2019

BH die by bullets bombs shells
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 03, 2014
Yugosng:

Is it only me that is trying hard to fathom how 30 armored tanks will fit into 2 trailers. Or are these trailers UFO type, probably of Airbus size? undecided

Nigerian news people and their ways of reporting though lipsrsealed
I actually choked on that part of the report too, but you kno Nigerian reporters now, maybe the reporter saw two trailers pass and was told that about 20 military tanks are being moved grin The botomline is that renforcement are beng sent!

1 Like

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by tunex23: 10:50am On Sep 03, 2014
This is Good news, America God bless una wella!
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by BlackTechnology: 10:52am On Sep 03, 2014
tunex23: This is Good news, America God bless una wella!

It might not be the Americans that supplied it
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by amAZEing: 10:53am On Sep 03, 2014
What you are seeing with the UN inscription are the equipment from Nigerian peacekeeping missions. Let the govt be realistic and do a proper job, Now.

dj187: Obsolete amoured tanker mtcheeeew
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Jeel: 11:09am On Sep 03, 2014
We can do it. We did it before we shall do it again. NA fire on we are with you!!!!!!
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Jeel: 11:12am On Sep 03, 2014
Did you guys remember Nigeria took some tanks to Kenya?

Nigeria may probably still have some in Liberia,Congo,Siere Leone etc after their mission their.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2014
Let the bombing start! Bomb them! Kill and drag 'em out! Stick a grenade into Shekau's a.s.s!
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by BlackTechnology: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2014
Jeel: Did you guys remember Nigeria took some tanks to Kenya?

Nigeria may probably still have some in Liberia,Congo,Siere Leone etc after their mission their.

Good observation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After / 100 Killed By Boko Haram's Booby Trap In Monguno, Borno State / Video Of Muhammadu Buhari First Speech After His Declaration As President Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.