Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,028 members, 7,931,535 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:56 AM

Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season (3080 Views)

See How Fans Showed Support For Juventus And Barca ( Photo) / Premier League Better Than La Liga And Serie A - Alexis / Hot Italian Model, Claudia Romani Set To Become Professional Referee In Serie A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Swish(m): 9:38am On Jul 26, 2006
With most of the squad staying back with the club (Buffon, Del Peiro, ), do u think Juve can return to Serie A in 1(one) season
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by toshmann(m): 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2006
[size=18pt]NO[/size]

Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Giorgio: 3:02pm On Jul 27, 2006
they would be back in serie a next season. and dis from a scouser
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2006
Of course we will. . .
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Nutter(m): 11:28pm On Jul 27, 2006
For the first time in a while, Juventus is playing in a league befitting their status  tongue
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Fimmy(m): 1:32am On Jul 28, 2006
my boys are coming back
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 11:12pm On Aug 25, 2006
Despite the threats from the FIGC and FIFA, we have appealed to the Tribunal at Lazio and are claiming major damages. Would keep you posted on developments as they occur.
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 11:14pm On Aug 25, 2006
Nutter:

For the first time in a while, Juventus is playing in a league befitting their status tongue
I'd have ignored this but for the miseducation it is spreading. Up until this moment we are the only club never to have been relegated from Serie A. This makes us the only club never to have been relegated from Serie A on the field.

FORZA JUVE!!!
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 9:11pm On Aug 27, 2006
We are in negotiations with the FIGC to halt our legal battle. This move would see us remain in Serie B without a points penalty.

Our lawyers had stated during the match-fixing trial that we’d accept Serie B without a handicap, so while we may publicly claim we'll not stop until our top flight status is restored, the real aim is to have the 17-point penalty wiped out or at least drastically reduced. Smart tactical move. Obviously Gigli plays chess. I like the guy already.
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 10:27pm On Aug 27, 2006
Meanwhile in today's Coppa match with Napoli, this is our starting line-up:

The match is into extra-time after a 2:2 draw. Camo was sent off. I think they should just sell the bastard!
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 6:02pm On Aug 28, 2006
For so long I have refrained from writing anything on the Italian "match-fixing" scandal, not as an admission of guilt or due to an overwhelming feeling of shame(as Hafiz and his ilk imagine!),but because it was virtually impossible to find anyone with whom you could OBJECTIVELY discuss the issue.
Juventus-like Bayern Munich, Manchester United and lately Chelsea, belong to that group of clubs who do not evoke feelings of neutrality or indifference. They are intensely loved and supported by their fans and just as intensely loathed, envied and despised by everybody else. This hatred stems from no more than their domination of their various domestic leagues to such an extent that rivals, who have become weary of eternally finishing as runners-up regardless of their exertions, seek solace in ascribing their trailing in the big dogs wake to favouritism, ojoro (cheating), partiality on the part of match officials and other condiments of conspiracy theories.

The latest scandal in Italian football-in which Juventus appear to be the main culprits, stem from transcripts of tapped telephone conversations between our erstwhile general manager-Luciano Moggi,and selectors of officials in the Italian game. In some of those conversations, Mr. Moggi complains to the head of the referee selectors about the performance of certain referees which he perceives as being inimical to Juventus cause.Mr. Moggi can further be heard specifically mentioning names of officials he would like to have for future games involving the club and those he would rather were doing something else on Sunday evenings!

Unethical and unprofessional conduct? Yes, without doubt.Moggis influence was a tad bit too far-reaching, but I fail to see how any of the transcripts are conclusive proof of the clubs guilt and should therefore result in the iron-handed treatment Juventus were handed.
Ordinarily at law, a principal is bound by acts carried out by a named principal-unless (amongst other reasons) such acts are ultra vires such an agents powers.Accordingly, where an agent goes beyond his brief, the principal cannot be held liable for his actions.Moggi was our director, but unless the FIGC could prove that the Juventus board authorized his liaisons with match officials, I fail to see why the club should bear the brunt of the federations wrath.
Mr Moggis punishments could be argued to be in order-moreso considering the fact that he chose not to appear or offer any defence before the sporting tribunal investigating the scandal; but could the same be objectively said to be true of Juves sanctions.Yes, the club was the direct and immediate beneficiary of Moggis exertions, but in a situation where there was no water-tight evidence of complicity on the part of the club-through its board, can the severity of the sanctions be rationalized?
Lazio, AC Milan and Fiorentina were also indicted in the scandal and were accordingly punished. However their punishments were very considerably reduced upon appeal whereas Juves sentence was merely glossed over to give a semblance of equity to the entire charade.
Now if indeed we were guilty of the same offence and punishment was meted out on that basis, what is the rationale for the slap on the wrist the trio received contrasted with the left hook, right hook and upper-cut combo Juventus received? Could it be that the degree of championship success recorded by the offenders was taken into account in mitigating their punishments? If it had been the mighty Milan that had won the last two scudetti would the Berlusconi factor have saved them from the fate that has befallen us?

The feeling of the whole affair being all about bringing down The Old Lady
is strengthened by the hullabaloo that has arisen from the clubs decision to take the case to the civil courts following our loss at the sports tribunal appeal. The Italian football federation as well as FIFA has promised to come down more heavily on us if we proceed with our appeal. For added effect.FIFA has threatened to eject the Italian national team from EURO 2008 qualifiers if Juve insist on walking the path less traveled.
I find all this vituperations rather curious. Yes, FIGC and FIFA statutes preclude appeals from sporting tribunal decisions to civil courts; nevertheless, the right of appeal is an inalienable one. A litigant who feels hard done by a decision is at liberty to appeal to a higher court than the one of first instance. This right may be exercised to the level of the apex court in the land. These are basic principles of equity and justice which cannot be ousted or controverted by any subsidiary legislation-FIFAs statutes inclusive!
Yes, we are signatories to both FIGC and FIFA statutes, but the merit or lack of it in our appeal are issues to be determined by the appellate court and not the cheap blackmail the authorities are to resorting to. If indeed they are sure of the work they have done then why are they against it being examined by a neutral arbiter?
Most of us are living witnesses to the massive impact of the Bosman ruling on football transfers. The status quo which was hitherto sacrosanct and crystallized in the as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be-world without end principle, was successfully challenged in civil courts by the courageous Belgian; consequently, free transfers which were unthinkable under the old order are now commonplace thanks to Monsieur Bosman.
Who is to say what will become of FIFA and the FIGCs laws on appeals to civil courts if the statutes are challenged by Juventus?

Like I said earlier, I just cant help the feeling that this is all about a grand plan to decimate Juventus.We may have given cannon-fodder to the inquisitors by our involvement in the scandal in the first place; nevertheless, I find it hard to reconcile the heavy-handed reaction of both the FIGC and FIFA with the offence we are alleged to have committed.

I do hope that the club goes ahead with our appeal to the civil courts.FIFA and the FIGC can bare their fangs all they want, but we will not be cowed.
If we do go down, we will at the very least do so fighting.

FORZA JUVENTUS!

This was in my email today, from a fellow Juventino.
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 9:24am On Aug 31, 2006
We are opening the season with ties against Rimini, Vicenza, Crotone, Modena and Piacenza. Which means that all things being equal, by the time we are playing Brescia in week 6, we should have covered up that blasted 17 point deficit. And by this time next year, we would be back where we belong, in Serie A.
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Nutter(m): 1:35am On Sep 01, 2006
Chxta:

I'd have ignored this but for the miseducation it is spreading. Up until this moment we are the only club never to have been relegated from Serie A. This makes us the only club never to have been relegated from Serie A on the field.

FORZA JUVE!!!

Yeah, that's likely due to their match-fixing antics off the field!
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by hustler(m): 11:08am On Sep 01, 2006
Chxta:

We are opening the season with ties against Rimini, Vicenza, Crotone, Modena and Piacenza. Which means that all things being equal, by the time we are playing Brescia in week 6, we should have covered up that blasted 17 point deficit. And by this time next year, we would be back where we belong, in Serie A.

COVERED UP WATDREAM ON CHXTA.U THINK THE OTHER TEAMS IN SERIE B ARE THERE TO MAKE UP THE NUMBERS,
DIDN'T THEY JUST LOSE TO NAPOLI(A TEAM I'M TIPPING FOR PROMOTION AFTER THAT FROM SERIE C) IN THE COPPA ITALIA??

I REALLY HOPE Y'ALL GET BACK TO SERIE A SOON THO.MOGGI AND GIRAUDO'S STUPIDITY BROUGHT YOU TO THIS MESS ANYWAY.

WOULD JUVE HAVE BEEN RELEGATED IF THEY HADN'T TRIED TO INFLUENCE REFEREES.WOULDN'T THEY STILL BE HOT CONTENDERS FOR THE TITLE

I HOPE TO SEE EM BACK NEXT YR SHA SO THE COMPETITION WILL BE STIFFER.

BUENA FORTUNA

ROSSONERI TILL I DIE.
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 12:12am On Sep 06, 2006
At all you who like castigating Juve, I wrote the following on my blog months back. Nothing has changed. . .

Is Juve really that dominant or is there some truth to the non-stop accusations? So I analyzed, and I wish you guys would too before making these accusations. I wondered if there were differences in disciplinary action between the big clubs. So I counted them. I counted 1 for every yellow and 2 for every red. I saw Inter had 70, Milan had 52, and Juve fell between the two with 61. In my opinion, over 38 games 9 cards don’t make a team win or loose the title!

So it definitely wasn’t a “bookings” thing. “Maybe Juve was getting a lot more penalties than the others”. So let's count. Juve scored a whopping 3 penalties all season, Inter 5, and Milan 9! These differences could alter the standings somewhat. Can we still say that Juve is being favoured though? We had the least; remarkably Milan is again in the best position. So let's ask ourselves “Is it possible that Juve has faced far fewer penalties than the others?” seeing as we have heard this claim in the past. So we count, Juve faced 3, Inter and Milan both faced 2. No real significant difference here but it certainly can’t be said that Juve are favoured seeing as their position is once again less favourable than Milan’s or Inter’s.

We all know there is more to this, so let’s at least try to count the times that points have been acquired dubiously. This is difficult to quantify since it is somewhat opinion based, but it comes up too often to be ignored. Remember that Del Piero goal that was offside against Udinese? That was a win for Juve that should have been a tie, I can admit it. That means Juve got an extra 2 points undeservingly that game. I also notice the tie against Cagliari that has been deemed corrupt because of the “questionable” 5 minutes of injury time needed to draw. Frankly, even Cagliari fans understood the 5 minutes. There were penalties (against Juve) and red cards that day that pushed the game farther into injury time, it happens. Let’s count it though, just to humour all the anti-Juventino. So we got an unjust point for a total of 3 extra points. Now to be fair, we have to mention the obvious penalty on Zlatan that the referee “didn’t see” at Chievo costing Juve a possible win. That day we took home 1 point and left 2 on the field. Milan scored two penalties against Roma on Sunday just so they could win and possibly
get the title if we slipped up. In the end our point surplus was a staggering 1 after 38 games.

Not a single refereeing decision all year cost either Inter or Milan points. Go ahead, try to bring up an example and I’m sure FIFA regulations will disagree. I did however, find a few occasions where the opposite occurred. Remember Milan’s dubious 5 minutes of injury time resulting in an Inzaghi goal? It was favouritism for Juve, why not Milan then? Chock up a 2 point surplus for Milan. Inter though is far worse. There are a number of questionable goals/penalties, and wrongfully called back goals which earned them wins against Lecce, Cagliari, and Treviso and a draw against Lazio for a surplus of 7 points. Disagree? Go ahead but good luck proving Juve were more favoured than either of these two clubs.

Not too long ago the doping issue arose. All Juve’s coaches were arrested and embarrassed. The media was all over it. Then an Italian court of law found each of the accused not guilty and the media didn’t find it interesting enough to write about. So that attempt didn’t work. Then we got a new accusation. Italy’s “minnows” are letting themselves be beaten by Juve and playing their hearts off against Milan to “give” the scudetto to Juve. This one is by far my favourite.

“Why did Messina play so hard?”, maybe to avoid relegation, genius. Why did Treviso play so hard against Juve? Why did Cagliari do the same? Why do teams like Roma, Lazio, Chievo and Fiorentina always seem to have the game of their season against Juve? Juve are public enemy number 1 in Italy because they are Italy’s most successful team and every team that faces them brings their A game. Yet somehow it’s these very squads who have given Juve an edge? This one is beyond stupid.

I suggest you think back to the days when Miccoli played for Perugia under Juve ownership. Perugia managed to eliminate Juve from the Coppa Italia and draw us in the Serie A. Guess who scored? Miccoli did in an attempt to get called up to the big squad. The little guys always try to impress against the big guns and no one is bigger than Juventus.

Now no one seems to be pointing out the fact that the scandal rocking Italian football has been expanded to include Lazio, Fiorentina, and of course Milan.

Nice try people, but you’ll need a more credible story next time. I’m sure we’ll all hear it soon enough. It is too hard for any fan to digest that their team is not the best.

A Cagliari fan was honest enough to do that. And it is from him that I got a lot of the material for this one before doing my own research. He said: "I’ll be the guy that leads by example. My team is in the relegation battle. They rarely finish a game with 11 players on the pitch and as a result have the most bookings in Serie A with 105, and have the most booked player in the league (Daniele Conti). If they wind up relegated you won’t hear me crying about officials though, I guarantee it. But then I’m a man."
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by hustler(m): 2:47pm On Sep 06, 2006
dat game u talked bout givin milan 5 extra minutes was the Lecce game where pippo scored the decider,

the extra minutes were thoroughly deserved cuz lecce players wasted enuff time feigning injuries.
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2006
See what I mean?
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2006
Reality check, we just 'lost' to Rimini. 1-1.

Indeed, hopefully this will be a wake-up call. Serie B is a dogfight, it will be very tough. We didn't turn up properly today, rushed in attack, unorganized and sloppy in defence. We were very nervous. Taking Giannichedda out might've been a a mistake also, he goes unnoticed on the pitch but he does provide protection to our (weak) defence.

Anyway, most important thing is that we learn not to underestimate all the next opponents and really fight for the results.

Ratings:

Buffon 6.5 - Some good saves.
Birindelli 6 - Balanced play.
Kovac 5.5 - Did well at times, but didn't look 100%
Boumsong 4 - Goal was mainly his mistake.
Chiellini 5 - Very very nervous
Marchionni 5.5 - Good first half, dissapeared in the second
Paro 7 - Our best player
Giannichedda 6- Did his work
Nedved 5.5 - Rusty
Del Piero 5.5 - Rusty
Zalayeta 5 - Bad Movement

FORZA JUVE!!!
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Nutter(m): 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2006
Chxta:

Reality check, we just 'lost' to Rimini. 1-1.

Indeed, hopefully this will be a wake-up call. Serie B is a dogfight, it will be very tough.

cheesy What bliss. . . what sweet bliss.
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 12:42am On Sep 11, 2006
Erm, is Nutter not an Arsenal fan?
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Priscila(f): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2006
Juventus to srieA. with that poor start of drawing very small teams. pray hard
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by hustler(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2006
guess boumsong brought his costly errors with him to juve.

really hope they get promoted still sha.

chxta take heart but remember i told u serie b teams are not there to make up the numbers.
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 4:35pm On Sep 11, 2006
Boumsong has been capped by France. A lot more than once. I think he will come through. As shall Juve.

FORZA JUVE!
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Nutter(m): 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2006
Chxta:

Erm, is Nutter not an Arsenal fan?

Yes? And? You are about to say Arsenal hasn’t done so well this season, aren’t you? Well, the season is still young. Soon there will be a separation: wheat from chaff, men from boys. Please don’t compare Juve’s travails to Arsenal’s? Arsenal is playing in a league they deserve to be in. They didn’t connive with any to be in The Premiership. If Arsenal was in Division 1, would they have been doing as badly as Juve? Ermm. . . no! So, what is the difference? Juve is doing badly in a league it is supposed to be superior to while Arsenal is not doing well (yet!) in a league comprising ‘equals’.

Despite our current position, Gunners can still hold their heads up. Juventinos on the other hand cannot do that. Their heads are weighed down by guilt, shame and hair spray. Simple, really.

GO GUNNERS!

We’re Arsene Wenger’s Red Army! Caaam On!
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2006
When Arsenal can dominate England, then come and chat with us, until then, you are just like the rest of them: haters.
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Nutter(m): 9:15pm On Sep 12, 2006
OK. We'll continue to play in the Premiership while you lot continue your struggle in Serie B.
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2006
But believe me, we'll be back in A next season.

Even you knows that.
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Nutter(m): 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2006
Do I? Do I really?
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2006
Yes, you do.

Meanwhile, the Italian Olympic Committee finally agreed to hear our case with a view to reinstating the stolen 17 points. Thieving bastards. They did it only after the season started so we don't go back to Serie A. Animals. Crooks. I could say a lot more. . .
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Nutter(m): 8:08pm On Sep 15, 2006
. . . but you won't cause that would be slanderous.
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Chxta(m): 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2006
. . .and how would it when all of it will be true?
Re: Juventus: Can They Return To Serie A In One Season by Nutter(m): 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2006
I believe due process was followed before Juve was sanctioned. Not so? As they say, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. You have now been sentenced to what will be 4 years is Serie B. You lot should 'man up' and face the music. Don't worry, 4 years will pass by in a flash  wink cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja Code / Download Video: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid 0-0 (pen 4-1) All Highlights / Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.