Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,682 members, 7,975,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 09:12 AM

Do You Play The Violin? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Play The Violin? (1438 Views)

Nairalander Singing/play The Guitar In Indiana Usa / Cost Of Violin / Play The Violin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Play The Violin? by samorijack(m): 9:05am On Oct 28, 2008
Do yo uplay the violin? and want to hook up with a guitarist?
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by Elvischido(m): 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2008
I am a young violinist in Nigeria but i currently play with an Adventist band consisting of a pianist, a flutist, a vocalist and a conductor for classical performance and we are looking for an acoustic guiterist.
We play classicals and hymns including soulful jazz for church concerts and singspirations bachelors' Eve, Church weddings etc.
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by samorijack(m): 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2008
It's wonderful to hear form you,, however I'm not loking to just play religious music (I'm a christian too) I feel it's limiting , just looking to hook up with a violinst to try out some tunes I've been working on. Are you male or female and are you in Lagos.
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by Elvischido(m): 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2008
Hi Samorijack!
Nice to here from you too.
I also play as a solo violinist and have some musical compositions myself!
I have once played in a dinner party where I played Lionel Richie-Endless Love.
I also play with Nnamdi Azikiwe University Western Ensemble.
How I love improvisation
so you see, I do almost every genre of music with the violin!
I am a male based in the eastern part of Nigeria; Aba to be specific!
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by tosinadeda: 12:26am On Nov 10, 2008
no i dnt grin
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by Shaz(f): 12:30am On Nov 10, 2008
Nah. . I was thinking of it some few years ago but I don't know how I lost interest.
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by Elvischido(m): 10:28pm On Nov 10, 2008
Hi Shaz
U start by starting!
Just rekindle your fire by maybe watching Yanni's videos like Live at the Acropolis and Tribute and notice the violinist karen Briggs (the lady in red) I hope this helps!
It's wort the effort you put!
Go start right away!
I am a violinist too!
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by Shaz(f): 12:02am On Nov 11, 2008
Lol . thanks @ elvischido. . I've got my hands full - keyboard/piano, flute, trumpet and kongas kongaz are kinda intoxicating. . lol

I think I'm beginning to eye the sax now wink
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by AfrknKngs(m): 2:12am On Nov 11, 2008
Shaz:

Lol . thanks @ elvischido. . I've got my hands full - keyboard/piano, flute, trumpet and kongas kongaz are kind of intoxicating. . lol

I think I'm beginning to eye the sax now wink

Wow. . . That's what I call TALENT jare! I hail u sha! The only thing I sabi na building Computers wink
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by tosinadeda: 6:28am On Nov 11, 2008
AfrknKngs:

Wow. . . That's what I call TALENT jare! I hail u sha! The only thing I sabi na building Computers wink

u'll talk ur own wnt u?
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by Elvischido(m): 6:49am On Nov 11, 2008
Wow, you have lots of talent music wise
you know, I used to be like you; playing almost all the musical instruments in the world but I would like to share this with you.
Back then, every body admires your versatility but when it comes to serious concert, they don't employ your services rather the prefere to employ someone else who is known for a particular instrument cos they feel you are a jack of all thread and a master of none and sometimes, when you sit down to analyse matters, you find out that they are not actually wrong.
But when you play only one instrument or its family (its family because when you play a sax be it tenor or soprano, it just requires a little more effort to play the clarinet and even the concert flute) it leads to specialization and of course virtuoso or mastero in that instrument.
But you know I stuck to my instrument; the violin and when I did, I came to see that I have not even enough knowledge of that because I got exposed to staff and sight reading musical compositions and since then, I am getting better and better by the day! And also guess what, I now choose which of the concerts I would like to be playing at.
So here is an advise: search out your best instrument and stick to it and if you don't sight read music in that instrument, learn how to do that. That would make you a "god" in that instrument. Just think, how many of the world's best instrumentalists play other instruments outside their instrument or its family?
SPECIALIZATION MAKES VIRTUOSOS
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by SuperPap: 8:58pm On Nov 11, 2008
No i do not play d violin.Thank You.

tosinadeda:

u'll talk ur own wnt u?
Shut up idiot.
Wat instrumnt do u play?xcept sauce privates?
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by Shaz(f): 11:05pm On Nov 11, 2008
AfrknKngs:

Lol. . thanks.

@SuperPap, Quit the beef.
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by Shaz(f): 11:10pm On Nov 11, 2008
Elvischido:

Wow, you have lots of talent music wise
you know, I used to be like you; playing almost all the musical instruments in the world but I would like to share this with you.
Back then, every body admires your versatility but when it comes to serious concert, they don't employ your services rather the prefere to employ someone else who is known for a particular instrument because they feel you are a jack of all thread and a master of none and sometimes, when you sit down to analyse matters, you find out that they are not actually wrong.
But when you play only one instrument or its family (its family because when you play a sax be it tenor or soprano, it just requires a little more effort to play the clarinet and even the concert flute) it leads to specialization and of course virtuoso or mastero in that instrument.
But you know I stuck to my instrument; the violin and when I did, I came to see that I have not even enough knowledge of that because I got exposed to staff and sight reading musical compositions and since then, I am getting better and better by the day! And also guess what, I now choose which of the concerts I would like to be playing at.
So here is an advise: search out your best instrument and stick to it and if you don't sight read music in that instrument, learn how to do that. That would make you a "god" in that instrument. Just think, how many of the world's best instrumentalists play other instruments outside their instrument or its family?
SPECIALIZATION MAKES VIRTUOSOS

Good point. But concerts and stuff is not my thing. When it comes to production, I'm on the digital side. Still, playing instrus is just a hobby, hobbies don't need specialization although I sight read some times smiley but good advice.
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by tosinadeda: 11:12pm On Nov 11, 2008
Shaz:

Lol. . thanks.

@SuperPap, Quit the beef.

free am na him way o!!!!!
the more u ans the more he replies!!!!
na silence him need
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by TOYOSI20(f): 1:52am On Nov 12, 2008
I wish lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by A40(m): 2:20am On Nov 12, 2008
I would love to even though i have little or no time these days but for all the music i listen to its only right i should at least be able to play one instrument and a violin has always been one of my faves second only to the acoustic guitar cool
Re: Do You Play The Violin? by Elvischido(m): 3:34am On Nov 14, 2008
A-40,
get going! It's wort the time you give it and you will be glad you did.

(1) (Reply)

xx / Album Launch::oba Omega New Award+new Album"great Nation" / Terry G - Akpako Master Part Deux! (download Link)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.