Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,859 members, 7,876,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:55 PM

Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community (1889 Views)

Ebola And Fraud: The Nanosilver LIES By Dr. Rima E. Laibow / Ebola And The African Virus / What Is Ebola And Why Does It Kill? (a Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by borie4u(m): 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
As the federal government battles with the scourge called ebola that have sent six souls in Nigeria and several thousands in Africa to early grave, one thing that we have failed to consider is the vector (fruit bat) that carries this deadly disease which are in large numbers in obafemi awolowo university campus. so large is this bat community that they are ranked the highest bat community in the whole of africa and possibly below fifth in the world. these bat community occupies several strategic point in the school campus where they vomit on passing students which is one of the possible ways of contacting the Ebola disease virus (EVD). Spot like ajose lecture theatre close to faculty of agriculture, right in front of amphitheater, in front of chemical engineering etc are some of these spots where these vermins gather in cluster and vomit there excreta on passersby and if one of these should fall on anyone then the effort of the federal government in trying to control the spread takes us to where the ECOWAS official who evaded quarantine takes us back to. All through my stay on the campus (2001-2006) and early last year I still noticed this bat community and still believe that they are still occupying the university campus.with the schol recently opened I believe if care is not taken then we will be walking in circles.
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
I know about the bats at OAU campus. If they didn't transfer Ebola all these years, I don't see them doing so now.

1 Like

Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by borie4u(m): 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
Vanellope: I know about the bats at OAU campus. If they didn't transfer Ebola all these years, I don't see them doing so now.
you maybe right but one thing u seem to forget is dat the last time we had cases of ebola was in the 80's before this year incidence. do u know wat one infested bat in that community can do? may God help us.
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by PapaNnamdi: 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
borie4u:
you maybe right but one thing u seem to forget is dat the last time we had cases of ebola was in the 80's before this year incidence. do u know wat one infested bat in that community can do? may God help us.

at ur age u stil think bats transmit ebola

na wa, hope u r not an under graduate at oau??

ebola is a synthetic strain of heamoragic fever.
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by borie4u(m): 10:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
PapaNnamdi:
at ur age u stil think bats transmit ebola
na wa, hope u r not an under graduate at oau??
ebola is a synthetic strain of heamoragic fever.
please papanmadi go through this article on ebola from who.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by PapaNnamdi: 11:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
borie4u:
please papanmadi go through this article on ebola from who.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/

phork w.h.o

u sitting duck,
mtchew
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by duni04(m): 12:11am On Sep 04, 2014
Vanellope: I know about the bats at OAU campus. If they didn't transfer Ebola all these years, I don't see them doing so now.
Are you an oau alumna?
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by borie4u(m): 8:16am On Sep 04, 2014
@papannamdi
what other proof do u need? if I were u I would remove or re-edit my post on transmission of ebola cos a primary one pupil knows that fruit bats do transmit it.
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 04, 2014
duni04:
Are you an oau alumna?

Yes.
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by PapaNnamdi: 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
borie4u: @papannamdi
what other proof do u need? if I were u I would remove or re-edit my post on transmission of ebola cos a primary one pupil knows that fruit bats do transmit it.

nigga stfu
u wil just sit down and swaalow al d poo the westerners giv to u.

i served in benue last year, my students kill bats and eat dem,
they hunt for bats, grasshopers, bush rats and comebac singing . they open up the bats and remove intestines, roast dem up and eat, them no get ebola til i leav konshisha, u com here de fool ursef, mtchew
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by duni04(m): 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
Vanellope:

Yes.
Really? Finished wen and dept?
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
duni04:
Really? Finished wen and dept?

Comp. Sci., 2002
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by borie4u(m): 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
PapaNnamdi:
nigga stfu
u wil just sit down and swaalow al d poo the westerners giv to u.
i served in benue last year, my students kill bats and eat dem,
they hunt for bats, grasshopers, bush rats and comebac singing . they open up the bats and remove intestines, roast dem up and eat, them no get ebola til i leav konshisha, u com here de fool ursef, mtchew
lol. dis one is a real bush man from a remote village. pls do urself alot of good by reading. hope u wont go further to say ebola is whiteman plot to eradicate african.
@vannellope. of the greatest ife. u are mouthed.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by PapaNnamdi: 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
borie4u:
lol. dis one is a real bush man from a remote village. pls do urself alot of good by reading. hope u wont go further to say ebola is whiteman plot to eradicate african.
@vannellope. of the greatest ife. u are mouthed.

u just proved how silly u r, and how lazy ur brain works..
answer me please...

y was a virus created for computers
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by NEquity(m): 12:25am On Sep 05, 2014
Mnd if i intrude??
Well, Ebola whch is blivd to be frm bats waz due to a crtain numba of bats whch wer xposed to chemicals from d blast of a laboratory test failure. Diz xposf fruit bats get to pass d disease thru fallen crumbs of their food whch oda rodents seem to pick up, whch are eventualy hunted nd eaten /by human or other consumers........................... My say to the bats at is dat Ebola cnt b passed to 'em unless der exists a contct /dirct or indirct/
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by borie4u(m): 6:19am On Sep 05, 2014
NEquity: Mnd if i intrude??
Well, Ebola whch is blivd to be frm bats waz due to a crtain numba of bats whch wer xposed to chemicals from d blast of a laboratory test failure. Diz xposf fruit bats get to pass d disease thru fallen crumbs of their food whch oda rodents seem to pick up, whch are eventualy hunted nd eaten /by human or other consumers........................... My say to the bats at is dat Ebola cnt b passed to 'em unless der exists a contct /dirct or indirct/
I agree with u to a certain degree. I ve tried to dig out origin of this current ebola virus disease but what I got was that it was through a burial ceremony of a hunter. just like papannamdi, the hunter must hav been eaten alot of animals that transmits it e.g bats, monkey etc until he ate one dat shouldn't be eaten. I ve eaten monkey before but I wont for a long time to come.
@vannellope, do u know that those bat u saw at the campus where not there in the 90s. my inquisitive mind got me to know that the last time they migrated to the campus was in 80s before the recent one of 2001. if dis bat only stay on their own without vomiting on people then I wouldn't even care about them. throughout my stay on dis campus I had three encounter with dem at ajose and close to amphi.thank God they weren't infected. I also hav friends that did eat them while at ife.
lastly I hope someone with better knowledge preferably in d health sector come n do justice to this issue. ebola is not just to people in lagos,Liberia or port Harcourt but a threat to everyone. for all I care am just a geoscientist but I am concerned cos it wont spare anyone irrespective of ur profession. if possible let anyone come do justice to this issue if u can. we are all learning! I hope oneday we will tell our children dat “I lived during the time of ebola and survived it".
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by NEquity(m): 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
borie4u:
I agree with u to a certain degree. I ve tried to dig out origin of this current ebola virus disease but what I got was that it was through a burial ceremony of a hunter. just like papannamdi, the hunter must hav been eaten alot of animals that transmits it e.g bats, monkey etc until he ate one dat shouldn't be eaten. I ve eaten monkey before but I wont for a long time to come.
@vannellope, do u know that those bat u saw at the campus where not there in the 90s. my inquisitive mind got me to know that the last time they migrated to the campus was in 80s before the recent one of 2001. if dis bat only stay on their own without vomiting on people then I wouldn't even care about them. throughout my stay on dis campus I had three encounter with dem at ajose and close to amphi.thank God they weren't infected. I also hav friends that did eat them while at ife.
lastly I hope someone with better knowledge preferably in d health sector come n do justice to this issue. ebola is not just to people in lagos,Liberia or port Harcourt but a threat to everyone. for all I care am just a geoscientist but I am concerned cos it wont spare anyone irrespective of ur profession. if possible let anyone come do justice to this issue if u can. we are all learning! I hope oneday we will tell our children dat “I lived during the time of ebola and survived it".
jxt chckd wikipedia nw, i can't evn decode d main root of the disease anymore...... 1st it waz due to a failed lab xperiment nw itz a man dat visited 1 Ebola river
Re: Ebola And O.A.U Ile-ife Bat Community by Davidoff2000: 8:26pm On Sep 07, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant And Unaware? Midwife Explains How It's Possible / Prof Adeeole, Was Sacked By PMB 30 Years Ago As Secretary NARD And Today.... / 10 Foods & Supplements That Reverse Liver Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.