Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,234 members, 7,950,280 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:34 AM

7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's (41153 Views)

5 Outdated Technologies In The World Today / Amazing Technologies that have totally changed our world for the better / 11 Animals With Violent Sex Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by WhiZTiM(m): 12:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
I recall the old soccer game I play on Ending Man. ... Where every kick has a a sound "shokotoor"
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by tlanry: 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
iceberylin: Basterd! tongue

God forgives
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Balkan(m): 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
I remember our SANYO TV that has retractable cover.
standing black and white TV. with a kind of cloth covering the top

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by 100Cents: 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
Watch Living in Bondage...
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Konjour(m): 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
Remember those times when I had to carry a bulky walkman around with huge headsets just to

listen to the radio stations, and I clearly remember that I always had a fork or matchstick close by

so that they would be useful when my tapes get entangled with some of the rollers in the player.

I remember how I used to wait for what often seemed like eons before the music on the cassette

tapes would start playing, and how I usually got pissed anytime Side A stopped playing thus

requiring me to stop whatever I was doing and rotate it to change to Side B. grin

3 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by justi4jesu(f): 12:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
So? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by jojomario(m): 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
Oga make u sofri sofri for madam tonight ooo. Go for condom go circle condom. I could remember watching that on our black and white T.V
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by eightsin(m): 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
The good old days.."i can't fit shout"
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by justi4jesu(f): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
jojomario: Oga make u sofri sofri for madam tonight ooo. Go for condom go circle condom. I could remember watching that on our black and white T.V

Na only this bad one you remember abi, u were bad tongue tongue
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by djeezy(m): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
My favourite was the black and white Tv. Then in a large compound, only one person had it. We all used to converge at the person's house. If you don't take your bath, no entry. Changing the channel was done with a plier tool and if the station is not showing well, one person will go and stand at the back of the tv as antenna. Good old days.

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by jojomario(m): 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
WhiZTiM: I recall the old soccer game I play on Ending Man. ... Where every kick has a a sound "shokotoor"
shokotor shokotor shokotor, chuuuuuuuui
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by coolsamba(m): 12:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
hahahaha....days of shaolin temple, american ninja, we do sat infront of multicolored tele by 4:30pm hopefully waiting for nta
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by poiZon: 12:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
hw una go forget the main thing, aNALOGUE CLIPPER...
chai with that clipper as u finish barbng na straight to bathroom cos ur entire body na hair co cover am.
/GOD bless the inovators n inventors.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by jojomario(m): 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
justi4jesu:

Na only this bad one you remember abi, u were bad tongue tongue
honestly, I don't know its uses then.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by crisycent: 12:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
Nintendo game mortal combat. Favourite fighter was smoke. YBY BLK AXAX BBYY Flawless victory, fatality. If I manage do that one, my head go jst swell like say I win lotto.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Dinzelflash(m): 12:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
sunnyshayne: Seven lucky kids!
watched dtt shii Mehn!
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by justi4jesu(f): 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
jojomario: honestly, I don't know its uses then.

ok i believe u grin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1: Sweet old times, I Loooove Sega.
I can't ever forget ‘Dshoot’ or ‘LawnBall’ from the soccer - commentary. grin

great play. Do you remember making the ball disappeared?
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Johniyke2flex(m): 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2014
Who remembers Clapperboard? Mhen it was my best tv station at dat time. They can show film ehn! Upon say e no dey clear, na so me nd my elder bros go dey shine eyes like say our lives depended on it. The days of Tales by moonlight on Nta every sunday night...I miiiissssss dos times.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by nickz(m): 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
vivaciouzz: those days of VCR cassette,we watched igodo,domitilla n so on..those days dat we store water in nylon..even ice cream #10
you must be old

movies i watched on vcr cassette:
rockyI
rockyII
rockyIII
rockyIV
rocky balbao
firstblood
home alone 1,2
Ghost
Die Hard
and one movie like that where a dude dresses up as a fat old woman
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
190theclown: Mortal Kombat

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

Introducing super star soccer delux

fav player caboni of italy with white hair grin grin

caboni can score from mid field all you need is to hold the C button

Looong ball... control it and into the net

Keeper can never catch it grin grin grin

Lawd have mercy.. those days sha . . .

Good bless those good ol days

1998-2001 rocked!!
nah. Noobs brutality is XCABCZYXABC
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by kenkool(m): 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
No. 7 Analogue cameras with films u gotta wait for days before they 'wash' your photo, no preview during the shot you may be disappointed when the pics is finally printed. Thank God for digital cams now.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by justi4jesu(f): 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
GrAnDwEeZ: nah. Noobs brutality is XCABCZYXABC

hmmm una wan show una selves angry cheesy
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Olamilekan08(m): 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
sunnyshayne: Seven lucky kids!
O boy!
Me sef don old o.
You brought that movie back on my mind.
Na VHS things that time.

I no get lucky to play video games then, but i played hell out of brick game, and those ones with light gan.

Not forgeting those 2 attached flouriscent antenna, that is subjected to turning till the tv is clear.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by bizngr(f): 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1
mecussey
190theclown
dayosaurus
valmunich
ayodejy05

^^You guys are just learners with your Caboni reverse kick... undecided

[size=18pt]I'm the MISSING BALL girl you all dread to play against!!![/size] grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by VellyG(m): 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
INFRA RED technology
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
GrAnDwEeZ: nah. Noobs brutality is XCABCZYXABC
I was waiting for someone to correct him. Your head dey there.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Chibokgame: 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
Op,
you have a well formatted Diskette Memory .

Those days were great, now we're in greater days.

Let me add these ones, though i wouldn't know if they represent technology .

*FREE / PERSONA BARBER.
There was this special Comb which you fix Razor Blade to it,
When barbing saloon were not many, community/ barracks boys would have to personally or in turns barber themselves .

* CORK SOLE SANDALS .
They was an era when boys and girls will rather choose to trek bare footed or go to school with bathroom slippers instead of wearing a rubber sandals .
I am quilty of this, i have to keep the money till it was enough to buy Cork sole sandals .

China have really made money from nigeria.
Lastly .

* CYBER CAFE & allNIGHT BROWSING .

I happened to have had interaction with some youths who had always opposing to night prayers or church vigils .
They always turned down any engagements as soon as it was 9pm.
All they do was to rest and later go out to the cyber cafe for all night browsing .
Today you not need to know if server was on or now, but you are browsing 24hrs .

Thanks for this reminder .
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Evergreat2014(m): 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1: Sweet old times, I Loooove Sega.
I can't ever forget ‘Dshoot’ or ‘LawnBall’ from the soccer - commentary. grin

"good header" goal!!, goal!!, goal!!, goal!!!, goal!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2014
[quote author=bizngr][/quote]
you send sabi the trick?
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by mecussey(m): 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
optimusprime2:
no the opening code was "AC up B up B A down"

Exactly...
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
op, thank you for this great thread.
Who remembers oganigwe, vuga, karashika, Godzilla, Max steel, black arrow.
In btw, I used my life's savings 900 naira to buy a workman radio in the 90s only for it to spoil after 2days.
The first song I played was Nigeria jaga jaga by Idris

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Cobra That Was Killed In My House This Early Morning / 2go 3.7.3 Is Finally Available For All Types Of Phone: Download Now / The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.