Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,875 members, 7,933,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 11:14 PM

5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan (1439 Views)

555 Pvcs Of Dead Persons Found In Ogun State / Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November / Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by Youngzedd(m): 8:43am On Sep 04, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has said the 5,555megawatt power plant located in Odukpani Local Government Area of Cross River State, would be commissioned soon to stem the lingering power supply problem in the area.

The President, who disclosed this during the groundbreaking of UNICEM’s additional plant of 2.5 million metric tonnes per annum in Mfamosing, Cross Ricer State, stated that government would continue to formulate friendly business policies that would attract businesses into the country.
President Jonathan, who was represented by Vice President Namadi Sambo, also maintained that a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed for the dredging of the Calabar seaport and construction of a railway line from Lagos to Calabar, up to Obudu Mountain Resort.
He said government would also continue to cooporate with several agencies to ensure steady progress in the country’s manufacturing sector. He said the additional UNICEM plant of 2.5 million metric tonnes would help in stimulating the nation’s economic growth and improve the lives of the people within the area.

Speaking, Governor of the state, Senator Liyel Imoke, applauded the presidents’ transformation agenda, which had given impetus to attracting Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) into the country.
Represented by the Deputy Governor of the state, Mr. Effiok Cohbam, Imoke said the additional 2.5 million metric tonnes cement plant would increase the production of cement in the state to 5 million metric tonnes per annum.
He said, “this, we believe, will reduce the supply gap that currently exists and reduce the cost of cement in the market. The building and construction industry will be a major beneficiary of this investment.”

Earlier, Chairman, of the board of United Cement Company of Nigeria Ltd. Mr. John Coumantaros, said the project would enhance the development of local capacity in terms of skills and support growth of the cement industry in the country.

Truly I can smell fresh air in Cross River.

#IloveCalabar

PS: Not a Calabar man.

1 Like

Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by Youngzedd(m): 8:44am On Sep 04, 2014
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by mistudreh(m): 8:51am On Sep 04, 2014
Na so we dey hear am everyday... Enough of this shit, we aren't fools. We know we can't change a coach during a match, 2015 is the end of this government. We need CHANGE
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by egbaguy: 8:57am On Sep 04, 2014
make dem dey talk when d job is already done
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by Ukutsgp(m): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2014
kudos. jonathan is really working.
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by Randerl: 9:04am On Sep 04, 2014
The same Calabar wey we dey live inside continuous darkness for 7 days or more at a stretch.
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by kelvin1191(m): 9:10am On Sep 04, 2014
@OP, Are u sure its 5,555 mega-watts or 555 mega-watts.
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by iterator25: 9:27am On Sep 04, 2014
55 MW?
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by phlamingboy(m): 9:45am On Sep 04, 2014
Randerl: The same Calabar wey we dey live inside continuous darkness for 7 days or more at a stretch.
Oboy u can lie o,I stay in calabar too,I dey marian nd we do have light atleast 16-18 hours every day.
Moreova phcn announced dat dey wuld be rationing light in calabar for d nxt two weeks to enable dem connect d power plant @ odukpani

4 Likes

Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by Youngzedd(m): 9:52am On Sep 04, 2014
phlamingboy:
Oboy u can lie o,I stay in calabar too,I dey marian nd we do have light atleast 16-18 hours every day.
Moreova phcn announced dat dey wuld be rationing light in calabar for d nxt two weeks to enable dem connect d power plant @ odukpani

You actually live in the great city of Calabar.
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by Youngzedd(m): 9:53am On Sep 04, 2014
Randerl: The same Calabar wey we dey live inside continuous darkness for 7 days or more at a stretch.

Maybe bad guys did something in the transformer in your area.

2 Likes

Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 04, 2014
make una no mistake 55mw to 5,500mw o. cos I no go lie give una I dey get light Wella for my area.
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by Unemadu: 10:18am On Sep 04, 2014
Its 560 mw
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by rozayx5(m): 10:54am On Sep 04, 2014
Good one for my cross brothers cool
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by phlamingboy(m): 11:12am On Sep 04, 2014
Youngzedd:

You actually live in the great city of Calabar.
Yes boss,
Due to d rationing of d light,we do have light frm 6/7pm-6/9am every day
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by brownlord: 11:19am On Sep 04, 2014
Stop increasing megabyte abi gigabyte and give us light Biko, you keep commissioning and increasing megawatts on paper yet in light in my bulb, what kind of stupidity is this, what concerns my grand mother in village with megawatts, just let her see light in her bulb and fridge to preserve her soup, shove the rest down your bottom.
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by overhypedsteve(m): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
Good one. I sue for large scale projects
Re: 5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan by overhypedsteve(m): 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
kelvin1191: @OP, Are u sure its 5,555 mega-watts or 555 mega-watts.
guy i fear too oh

(1) (Reply)

Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver / PDP Chieftain Flogged And Sentenced To Life For Raping A Pregnant Woman / Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.