Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,765 members, 7,945,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:00 PM

Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 (2380 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? / Is It Wrong To Check Your Girlfriend's Facebook Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by affee(f): 3:53pm On Oct 28, 2008
@topic
no

please go ahead and marry her,
listen to your heart

@other posters
what is the right age/and criteria needed for one to get married?

@poster
congratulations on your upcoming wedding smiley
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by Richguys: 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2008
whatever90:

yeah rite

marriage shouldnt be based on pity,lack of self confident,no trust,or assurance

marriage should considered only when u both think u r ready for it,think u r d best partners for each other,and know that u wouldnt go astray after marriage

listen answer this qstions truthfully and honestly

1.are u sure u wont look outside after marrying her,because u r still young and that pumpimg blood to try out others will still be there

2.are u sure both of u walk through d same paths?

3.are u sure u can tolerate her?

my dear marriage is a journey of no return,u r in and that is it

yeah yeah divorce?no way,i don't dig that

i am not marring out of pity,  i love her, i cannot afford not to see her for a week

talking about looking outside after maariage. that is a sure no, you need to get a lady that satisfy you in every way then i am sure you forget about others.

we are not managing each other we both love one another.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by whatever90(f): 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2008
affee:

@other posters
what is the right age/and criteria needed for one to get married

age i dont know,but criteria

finance,emotional stability,tolerance,maturity,understanding,wisdom,intelligence,trust,patience,endurance,love,and above all thick skin smiley
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by KarmaMod(f): 3:58pm On Oct 28, 2008
Richguys:

i am not marring out of pity, i love her, i cannot afford not to see her for a week

taliking about looking outside after maariage. that is a sure no, you need to get a lady that satisfy you in every way then i am sure you forget about others.

we are not managing each other we both love one another.

Seriously I wish you luck. Go ahead.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by Richguys: 4:04pm On Oct 28, 2008
~Sauron~:

Do u have what it takes to marry a woman??

A lot of guys think living together with a woman qualifies em to walk the aisle. . . .
It's a different kettle of fish, hombre. . . . .U can no longer make a decision without considering her.
U cannot go out with ur buddies anytime without putting her into consideration. . . .What about the financial aspects?
Are u mentally ready? 23 is a tad too young for a man to get married(even if u are Abramovic's first son).

23 you feel is too young, i did not inherit what i have from my parent, i build my business from begining, i own the apartment i am staying, i have 4 staff in my business, i was able to do all these because i have a supporting girlfriend who understands, we have been taking decision together right from the university she witness everything. if i can achieve this at 23 u stiill feel i am too young or not mentally ready.

well most of you if you see me physically you will not believe i am 23
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by Pennywise(m): 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2008
How can a 23yr old man be too young for marriage? Bull crap. Someone I know got married at 23, his wife was 22 doing her NYSC (same set with Ali Baba, then a rascally comedian-he had not started wearing tie grin). My friend attained financial independence just before then and being the thrifty person that he is, money has never been a problem. He and his hearthrob are living the life.

Anyone who says otherwise owes this man an apology. Go get married.Quick.Marriage does not take anything away. It adds to your life.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by agaba123(m): 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2008
Bros

There is nothing wrong in your getting married since you are living together. But
Find out why she is afraid she will lose you? is it your fault or is she just being insecure? she has invested much in you that could be why she will be afraid of losing you. It is left for you to assure her that you will not disappoint her.

I will advise you not to go ahead with the wedding now, hold on and prove to her that you will always be there except you are not sure of yourself.
If you wanted to get married at 2,  wait till then. she will will trust you more after weding than she would do if you rush to wedd to assure her.
Later on when she tends to doubt you, she will remember the first test which you passed.

I see from within you, you do not want to get hitched yet but you want to show her you will not disappoint. You can do that without wedding.

Your ability to handle her hhysteriawhile you are waiting for the 'right' time will equip you more and your marriage will last longer.

BUT if you want to get married now, their is nothing wrong with your age. my granny married at the age of 8 undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by Godalone(m): 5:24pm On Oct 28, 2008
A 23 year old lady is not too young for marriage but a 23 year old man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, What can a 23 year old man say about marriage?
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by Gamine(f): 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2008
Dude, Please go and marry ooh

Get a few friends, go to the court registry mehn!

when your parenst are ready to do the Big Wedding, let them.

You two are already living like married couples, what next undecided

Dating since secondary school
shocked, una try ooooooo
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by Emperoh(m): 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2008
Everyone seems to think that its all about money and maturity
Bros make i tell you, maturity is a different kettle of fish when wahala arises
What will you do in the midst of commotion involving her and your child(ren)? Most certainly panic.
When the financial difficulties arise will she be understanding and patient enough?
if you happen to stray which happens to most young men and she gets to know, is she mature enough to handle it?
How spiritually compatible are the both of you?
How possible are to sacrifice your pleasure for her well being
And when the kids come, will you be of immense emotional support?

Bros, a whole lot is involved. Don't see it as the coming together of a man and woman to live together.
If not a whole lot of us, co-habited with our babes in school and can be said to have got along wella
but not marriage. . . . . . Pls think twice. if you ask me, i will ask you to part ways for some time
And see how indispensable or not you can be to each other. if you ask me, 27yrs will be fair.
Remember, you are the man in the affair and you ought to lead her and be strong no matter what. . .
biko jili ya nwayoo maka ada agwa ochi nti n'agha esu. . . . .

Where i come from, your parents will be heavily fined if you do get married at this age.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by Hotstepper(f): 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2008
fine ur parents for marrying at 23? datz a lie, big one,
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by Angolobabe(f): 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2008
i see nothing wrong in marrying at 23,if u find the right man and he also wants marriage why wait,i wish u best of luck.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by Emperoh(m): 6:11pm On Oct 28, 2008
Hotstepper:

fine ur parents for marrying at 23? datz a lie, big one,
Yes and i am sure of what am saying.
Its just that civilisation is taking over a lot of things now
It used to be a very strong law. . . don't really know about now.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by Hotstepper(f): 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2008
then next time, say in ancient days cuz how u put it implied that it is still goes on today, i know u r 4rom anambra and dere is no such now and even in obeledu tongue
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by Scopium: 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2008
[size=13pt]No it's not but the people that manufactured you guys said it's wrong. So obey your producer[/size]
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by shollyaj(m): 9:10pm On Oct 28, 2008
why not w8 till u 25 then bullshit anyone that tries to stop you
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by ifyalways(f): 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2008
lol
@Topic,its not wrong to marry at 23 jare cool Its all about maturity and stability.If your guy is working and/or schooling and is capable of providing for you why not as long as you guys can take care of yourselves and most importantly are emotionally and physically ready for it,nothing stops you.I married at 22 cool I and my hubby are still in school and working part time too.Theres no set age for marriage.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by Morenike3(f): 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2008
If you think you're ready at 23, go for it.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by darkage(m): 3:29pm On Oct 29, 2008
My granny marry from belle
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by omoedo1(f): 4:09pm On Oct 29, 2008
You are not too young to get married.do it fast before somebabd self come for her
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by aomom(m): 4:25pm On Oct 29, 2008
my brother if thou thinketh, that thou is ready! i see no reason y thou should nat marry o! wot about some ladies marry @ 19 , 20
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by freeme2(m): 4:56am On Oct 30, 2008
Rich, i winkt all depends on you. you know best where the shoe will fit you best. We can help you with the colour, or maybe even shoe type, but we cant help with the size. If you buy one size too small, sorry for your toes. One size too big you are on your own!

Love and marriage as nothing to do with age. If you love her like you tell us that you do and she loves you too, whatever you guys do, just send me an invite to your marriage. send plane ticket too o. Lol! cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by freeme2(m): 5:11am On Oct 30, 2008
Waiting a little bit may not be a bad idea.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by Tatase(f): 5:19am On Oct 30, 2008
I don't think one can generalize. You sound like you're ready to marry this girl. It seems in your post that you realize that marriage is not only love, it's also work, and that your girl realizes this too. So for you if you can see urself being with her no matter what, I don't think it's too young at all. I know I'm not ready to be anyone's wife right now, but if you're ready to be a husband, don't be dissuaded by others. Everyone is different. Find out what exactly the parental concerns are and  deal with them as per age. Like why they think you're too young. If you guys are already cohabiting, I would think both parents would be happy to make things official. Try and be respectful in dealing with their concerns sha.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by olaremint(m): 8:59am On Oct 30, 2008
@ poster,man get her pregnant and damn every body
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry At 23 by mount1ng(m): 12:21pm On Oct 30, 2008
Nothing O! No matter the age, You will have to learn the roles of marriage only if you are in it. YOU CAN'T LEARN IT FROM OUTSIDE. I'm in it and I can tell. The woman/man you marry, is not the same after ceremony.
This is what my Pastor told me during the wedding ceremony, he said " Now that you've married the woman you loved, now love the woman married." You will start seeing somethings both of you have been hiding for each.
You can only understand that when you are in it.

Best luck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! Pls Tell My Fiance I Am Not Beyonce & He Shud Stop Forcin Me To Be Lyk Her / I Think It's Quite Rude & Disrespectful To Refer To A Woman By Only Her Genitals / Is It Ideal To Go Back To Your Ex Bf/gf That Left You For Some Other Boy/girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.