Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,169 members, 7,950,034 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 06:55 AM

GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend (1495 Views)

7 Things Your Friends Don’t Need To Know About Your Relationship / Ladies And Gentlemen, What Would You Do In This Situation? / Things Your Friends Don’t Need To Know About Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by franzis(m): 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
You’ve started dating a new girl. She’s everything you want in a woman. She’s sexy. She’s funny. You can talk for hours, and you have an incredible time together.
There’s just one problem: Your friends don’t like her at all.
They describe her in ways you don’t understand. They see something in her you don’t see. For one reason or another, your friends don’t approve of the relationship one bit.
They don’t like it when you bring her to hang out. They feel like she doesn’t want to get to know them. They come up with a bundle of reasons they don’t like her.
So what’s a guy to do when his friends don’t approve of his new girlfriend?
It’s really simple:
You be a man
Just like Really, Really Big Man, you should make your own decisions. A man decides what he wants from life. A man makes the decisions about who he dates and who he spends time with.
Are you really going to let your friends tell you what women you can see and what ones you can’t? Are you a man or a child?
Personally I could care less what my friends think about the women I date because I live life by my own rules.
When you live life by your own rules, you don’t let what other people think affect your decisions.
In a perfect world, your friends would love your girlfriend and they’d all get along and be great buddies. In a perfect world, you’d all be able to hang out together with no problems. Sadly we don’t live in a perfect world.
You aren’t 9 years old anymore
This isn’t “The Little Rascals.” The time you spend with your friends should be the time you spend with your friends and nobody else.
And the time you spend with your girlfriend should be the time you spend with your girlfriend and nobody else. These are two separate worlds.
Tell your friends they’re overreacting and you don’t intend to give up on this woman. Let them know you value their friendship and they’re opinion, but you make the decisions about who you date.
It’s crazy to let other people dictate to you how you live your life, even if those people are your friends.
One thing I’ve learned in my life is friends give the worst dating advice. They have an interest in what happens to you, so any advice they give isn’t impartial.
When it comes down to women, hold your ground, guys. Date whoever you want, and don’t worry about what your friends think. If they’re true friends, they’d give you their blessings and let you get on with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by teewai3(m): 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
dats a gud one bro...technically, i'm d one dating her not any so call friends, nd if dey dont approve of her, they should GTH (go to hell) cool cool
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by Tallesty1(m): 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
Don't listen to them if you are sure she did not jazz yougrin
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by danchuzzy(m): 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
THE BRO CODE!!!
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by Airforce1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
I'm old enough to know what's good or bad for me

No friend will choose for me the girl to date and not to date

Hannesy
I see your hand work
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by Tymax(m): 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
Women just want to alienate their men.
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by hannesy(f): 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
Airforce1: I'm old enough to know what's good or bad for me

No friend will choose for me the girl to date and not to date

Hannesy
I see your hand work
hhehehehe wot re fwends for nah? Jst caring and sharing

1 Like

Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by dre11(m): 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
Thumbs up
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by ziezy(m): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
Simply put••••TS NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS ••••
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by Airforce1(m): 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
hannesy: hhehehehe wot re fwends for nah? Jst caring and sharing

Don't forget to share your money with me too when u hammer
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by hannesy(f): 4:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
Airforce1:

Don't forget to share your money with me too when u hammer
aii lol
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by Kunleskey(m): 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
Make i book space b4 i read the long tread
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by djeezy(m): 4:27pm On Sep 06, 2014
You find out why they don't like her. If the reasons given is not cogent or compelling enough and you're satisfied she's a good person, then you continue with your relationship. The opinion of your friends cannot override yours.
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by Kunleskey(m): 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
What a good advice..friends will go and friends will come such is life
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
..Okay, we know you are old enough to choose for yourself....We know you are no longer a boy...You are a man....A grown-a*s man....Your friends cant choose for you...They have no right atall..
..But, come to think of it....Do you know that the rate at which your relationship develops depends on your friends approval...especially your bestfriend....

...Guys gossip alot...They talk about their girlfriends....Even if they lie about her, it ll get to a point you ll start believing them....when you guys have problems and you seek advice from them...What kind of advice do you think they ll give?...

..My advice, ensure your gf has a cordial relatnship with them..am not saying she shud try n please them anyway....You guys knw how you can tackle issues like that....
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
@OP
i simply have to disagree with you, there is NO REASON to choose if your friend dont like your girl. you have to respect BOTH of them (new girl and buddies) and therefore accept that fact and see each of them at different times.... its harder but not impossible.

why should you automatically drop one to be with the other? no true friend would ask you to do that, they will simply ask you not to bring the witch around them, lol!
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by valmunich(m): 5:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
Then that Gurl is going, My Nighaz are my Nighaz!
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by segebobo: 6:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
My friends are even wooing her behind me
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by redcliff: 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
One of the rules of male/female magnetism is that when a guy likes a girl, automatically, his friends(for no reason) like her too. When they dont then it breaks such rules and there is really a problem somewhere which i doubt all your friends can be wrong at the same time.
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
valmunich: Then that Gurl is going, My Nighaz are my Nighaz!

when all your "nighaz" will now go home with their respective GFs, you will be here telling us all that you are lonely and cant find a good woman, lol.

what you experience with your woman is different than what they will experience with her, so no matter how hard you try, they can never feel her the way you do. all these flimsy excuse posted by the OP are not legitimate to drop someone. your true friends will warn you countless times but thats it..... what biatch friend would ask you to drop your gf for such flimsy reasons?
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by Chuksemi(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
If I get a new girl friend, I date her for over 6 months before my friends get to meet her. I have never had such problems...
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by WackyJ1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
Knowing my kind of friends hmm.

Never fall in love with a girl tour friends don't like.
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by makazona(m): 8:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
Order for a gallon of ebola juice for all of em
Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by Yemlizzy(f): 9:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
Its a personal thing if the guy decides to ignore all they say and is so strong on his choice. Its all up to him.

2 Likes

Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by dagentility(f): 9:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
In some cases,one can be blinded by love,he doesn't see anything wrong in his partner but his friends does. If 99% of your friends are complaining about her,its high time you try to see things fom the other perspective.

1 Like

Re: GENTLEMEN! What To Do When Your Friends Don’t Like Your Girlfriend by Agybabe(f): 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
valmunich: Then that Gurl is going, My Nighaz are my Nighaz!
Your eyes go soon clear when you marry your "Nighaz".

segebobo: My friends are even wooing her behind me
True. They'll want you to dump her so they'll take over.

dagentility: In some cases,one can be blinded by love,he doesn't see anything wrong in his partner but his friends does. If 99% of your friends are complaining about her,its high time you try to see things fom the other perspective.
You are right sha. But it should be done with wisdom.

(1) (Reply)

Truth About Naija Babes.. So Funny [pics] / Online Relationships Pros And Cons / Question! Can Someone Explain This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.