Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,281 members, 7,884,486 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:21 AM

What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? (36852 Views)

What's Wrong With DSTV? / What's With Dstv's Censoring? / Problem With Dstv Decoder And Smartcard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by slydog(m): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2014
yuzjet: *Not that alone*

To re-subscribe, na wahala.

Decoder hanging like curve 2.

It takes forever to scan.

It auto change channels on its own.

And sometimes, it ignore instructions from its remote.

Many more of those problems though..... Something is definitely wrong with their server!

@OP thanks for creating the thread and also to the Mod that brought this on FP, kudos.

My own I resubscribed and for four days I couldn't view any thin, after several threatening Mails they say they did not receive my fee I should contact my bank. Now my bank got back to them and the story changed to I used wrong smart card number to pay I should wait for a refund, one week now nothing
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by pinetulips(m): 9:59am On Sep 10, 2014
sheymoni: My dstv freezes like 3 times a day,changes channel on it's own & rescan by itself. See what monopoly has caused
mine dd dat immediately i sbcribed . i cslled customer cate and it was ressolved
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by atoje(m): 9:59am On Sep 10, 2014
quiet unfortunate some people are paying as much as 11k per month and not getting any value for the money well spent.
anyway if u are not inform u will surely be deform. i so much believe those that are paying that huge amount of money must have done so
because of their love for sport. if sport is main reason for doing so then i have good news for you that can save u from the hands of DSTV.
why do u have to pay that huge amount of money when you can easily get your EPL, LALIGA, SERIEA, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE etc on free to air.
contact me on 08066211155. bb pin 26835081 if u care to know more.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by blackmiamy: 10:06am On Sep 10, 2014
You'all should try Montage Cable TV.
It's economical with lots of channels
DSTV service is wacked with lots of repititive programs. The only thing that has kept them going is the sport channels (EPL specifically) and the monopolized market.

Montage promo will end on the 11th of September 2014. Try get one if you can.

Visit http://montagecabletv.com/ for more.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by preciosaadriana8(f): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2014
IYANGBALI: hmmmmmmmm everyone including you that is using free to air decoder is claiming to use DSTV,God dey grin
I Am Not Using Free To Air Dstv, We Were Using Strong Decoder Before But It Stopped Working So We Gave It Out And Bought The Original Dstv Decoder And Now Its Acting Up, So Where Did U Get The Idea That I Am Using A Free To Air Decoder
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by titoetal(m): 10:17am On Sep 10, 2014
I use DSD 1110 (+2) and still share this same story. Freezing and re-scanning. It's indeed embarrassing atime. Was thinking mine is faulty.
Thanks op for this sharing. It's not their fault, they enjoy monopoly due to none serious competitors.

The signal services we are paying for supposed to be embedded with internet and telephone services too as is obtained in other climes. Service providers just come into Nigeria and give us less services at a higher cost.
The day is coming when consumers will embark on an indefinite strike against these service providers.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by kultimate009: 10:17am On Sep 10, 2014
[quote author=kelzdelight][/quote] Says who? You watch Super Sport, I do too.... You watch Mnet, I do too.... You watch Sony Max, I do too.... You watch Telemundo, I do too... You watch Discovery channel, I watch discovery world.... You watch CNN, I do too..... The only diff is you pay 11k and I pay 1,500..... Who's getting value for money btw us?
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by doitright2011: 10:27am On Sep 10, 2014
take them to court
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by bravexpensive(m): 10:30am On Sep 10, 2014
twinstaiye: I hadnt noticed any of the above complaints. However, I use their new decoder, DSTV Explora. Can we be specific about the type of decoder we are using? I heard the HD PVR decoder doesnt record channels anymore either.
its probably due to the new BOX Office feature. I don't blame them tho, that's what happens when you have the market all to yourself; not just any market, 9ja at that!
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by yuzjet(m): 10:30am On Sep 10, 2014
slydog:

My own I resubscribed and for four days I couldn't view any thin, after several threatening Mails they say they did not receive my fee I should contact my bank. Now my bank got back to them and the story changed to I used wrong smart card number to pay I should wait for a refund, one week now nothing

heya, sorry ☺º°˚˚°ºo. I hope something will be done soon!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by venahoro(m): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2014
Decryptor: I am still enjoying my Q-TV that gives me all the channels DStv has to offer including EPL. DSTv can go to hell...only ignoramuses still pay DStv
bros! Abeg! I dey hear about Diz Q-sat stuff; but no much details! #i fit get am for Benin here?!
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Kingjames(m): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2014
If I ever subscribe for dsthiev's services make my decoder burn.
They are stealing you blind and you are here crying like little babies
When there are better......
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by yogun(f): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2014
barika2011: Same thing here,my decoder takes forever to boot and hangs from time to time

Hope someone from Multi choice is reading this? My decoder hangs badly too
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 10, 2014
Thought I was the only one, well probably they want us all to upgrade to explorer.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by category(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2014
Why should one call you? You
said its FREE to air. Tell us what we need to know right here!

atoje: quiet unfortunate some people are paying as much as 11k per month and not getting any value for the money well spent.
anyway if u are not inform u will surely be deform. i so much believe those that are paying that huge amount of money must have done so
because of their love for sport. if sport is main reason for doing so then i have good news for you that can save u from the hands of DSTV.
why do u have to pay that huge amount of money when you can easily get your EPL, LALIGA, SERIEA, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE etc on free to air.
u ca contact me on 08066211155. if u care to know more.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by julybaba(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2014
Velvet86: Please is anyone experiencing the same problem as I am.?
My decoder is always changing channels on its own & the most annoying is the rebooting/scanning which takes ages to complete.

Pls what is actually the problem?
Is it Software issues?

It's very frustrating especially when it causes you to miss important episodes.
You must have spent ages monitoring it. Na wa o
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by boombay(m): 10:44am On Sep 10, 2014
see bastards! na everybody for nairaland get dstv for their housegrin
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by oluadex99(m): 10:46am On Sep 10, 2014
[quote author=kultimate009]Simple Solution.... BUY GOTV.... Better, cheaper and as far as I know it doesn't 'hang' or 'freeze' and most importantly, almost the same content.... Abi na by force to watch Comedy Central ni?

#Team GOTV[
my GOTV na plug and play nothing like freeeze
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by jsunex(m): 11:00am On Sep 10, 2014
flyingdutchman: Yeah! Thank goodness, I thought I was dreaming. I pay 11k every month for rubbish!

Who ask for how u dey pay
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by shitshappen(m): 11:07am On Sep 10, 2014
Thank God for the explora decoder.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by onyxo76(m): 11:10am On Sep 10, 2014
i think i'm a bit lucky but mine just freezes at exactly 8.45pm everyday and unfreezes after about 1 minute, but it must happen again at the exact time the next night.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by gemiclem(m): 11:30am On Sep 10, 2014
kultimate009: Simple Solution.... BUY GOTV.... Better, cheaper and as far as I know it doesn't 'hang' or 'freeze' and most importantly, almost the same content.... Abi na by force to watch Comedy Central ni?

#Team GOTV

abeg gotv de show premier league? i no mean highlights,,,live ones
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 10, 2014
BuhBye:

Picture quality is just disgusting one can actually see the individual pixels. I will only recommend metro if you love sports but can't afford Dstv.
Yea...True about the picture quality...
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2014
mbulela:
But there's no metrodigital in lagos. I swore by metro in ph.
I'm in PH. It's clear in PH.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 10, 2014
An0nimus:

No EPL?
I love Chelsea coz of my former Boss, Mourinho...and also Because my boy DI MARIA is in Man U...I'm managing them sha though the way they play is annoying compared to yesteryears... Man U is going down...I hope they don't find oil...
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 10, 2014
my nieces be like......oooooo it has changed again from d cartoon uncle what are u pressing??..uncle please stop pressing na.....and i am like WTF??.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by flyingdutchman(m): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2014
jsunex:

Who ask for how u dey pay
Secure people understand what I mean. Narrow mindedness is a sickness
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 10, 2014
priscaoge: U are not d only one on this my dear! It seems to be a general problem.
chai how i wish i can get a girl who will call me dear gringringrin
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by diana4044: 11:54am On Sep 10, 2014
You should buy a new LNB if your decoder freezes and keeps rescanning (the LNB is in your dish). It might have gotten damaged because of the rain.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Oringo1: 12:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
Enjoying my CTL like never before .....no shaking,no reboot all but steady tongue
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nnachi404(m): 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Huuuum sorry so people pay to this pooou call dstv huuuum when you can have it for free well ask you will know but don't ask meoooo
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by belovedbest(m): 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
I've been experiencing similar issues for sometimes & I was even thinking that my decoder was about having problem until I read this- I promptly sent them a tweet below is my tweet & their defensive response; @DStvNg My decoder freezes, changes channels on its own & re-boots/scans which takes ages to complete. Pls what is actually the problem?
@DStvNg: @belovedbest We are sorry to hear this. This may be a technical problem. Please contact your installer to check and rectify. ~CN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amarachi Uyanne Wins Nigeria’s Got Talent [video] / BBNaija: ‘Tobi Bakre Graduated At 18’ – Tobi’s Team Say He Is Really 23 / BBNaija: Nina "I Told My Boyfriend I Could Cheat On Him In The House"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.