Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,476 members, 7,914,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 08:24 PM

Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin (653 Views)

Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin by olycholy(f): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
Some people call it 'testing the goods before paying'. Lol.
That goods is suppose to be a surprise package from God, why go before him (God) and run after him for the rest of your life?
Fornication (sexual intercourse, touching/romancing, eProstitution, sharing and sending of indecent pictures, masturbation, using intimacy gadget, etc) is a sin, Christianity is against it so is Islam. And am wondering why do people celebrate sin?

Genesis 2:24
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

The above bible passage explains that you must first come together under the marriage union before you are permitted to consummate.

OTHER BIBLE PASSAGES TO BACK WHAT AM SAYING

1 Corinthians 7:1-40 Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

Matthew 5:28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;

1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.
So if you know you practice sexual immorality of any type, kind or form repent now and ask God for forgiveness. God bless you as you do so. I love you plenty.

1 Like

Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin by AdeniyiA(m): 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
OP are you a virgin?
if u're married, did you as virgin?
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin by olycholy(f): 10:41am On Sep 09, 2014
Am not a virgin and am still single. But these will not stop me from telling you the truth. I was once a sinner but hv refused to sin no more. God's standard stands sure. That u fornicate will never ever stop the truth from being the truth. Its hard, I know. The holy spirit is always there to help us. Just call on him today. God bless you.
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin by olycholy(f): 10:43am On Sep 09, 2014
AdeniyiA: OP are you a virgin?
if u're married, did you as virgin?

Am not a virgin and am still single. But these will not stop me from telling you the truth. I was once a sinner but hv refused to sin no more. God's standard stands sure. That u fornicate will never ever stop the truth from being the truth. Its hard, I know. The holy spirit is always there to help us. Just call on him today. God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Las Vegas Schools Consider Teaching 5-year-olds about mastur-bation / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Removed As Trustee Of Church’s U.K. Branch / Why Many Christians Often Rise And Fall (a Must Read).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.