Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,831 members, 7,915,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:12 PM

Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! (3530 Views)

Nigerian Prostitutes In Europe Reveal The Hell They Live In, See Pictures / Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? / What The Hell Happened To Nland Today (12-05-2010)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by jchaguri: 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2008
Too much hype about this guy,i hear he runs Nairaland,SO?
Kini Big Deal?
I need opinions about this guy,good,bad,ugly.
Personal experience welcome,in the meantime Seun Who the Hell are you?
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by LASIEFAIRE(m): 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2008
You will soon know the dictator when he bans you. grin
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by MrCrackles(m): 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2008
j.chaguri:

Too much hype about this guy,i hear he runs Nairaland,SO?
Kini Big Deal?
I need opinions about this guy,good,bad,ugly.
Personal experience welcome,in the meantime Seun Who the Hell are you?

I hope you another user ID ready!!!
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by Gabry(f): 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2008
Poster, you are a Amebo. An official one too  grin
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by geolabious(m): 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2008
gabrywyl:

Poster, you are a Amebo. An [b]official [/b]one too grin
[size=13pt]Original 1 self [/size]grin grin
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by Moyola(f): 3:32pm On Oct 29, 2008
yu doin diz kuz he banned yu abi? tongue
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by jchaguri: 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2008
Seriously people,i read this guys profile and his asking price for this Forum is 25 Billion Naira!!
I understand that you want to open your own bank Oga,but no be thief u don dey enter so?i mean this guy is overrated.
i beg joh,if he ban's me,it will show immaturity on his part,you started Nairaland,na all of us get am now.
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by Gabry(f): 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2008
j.chaguri:

Seriously people,i read this guys profile and his asking price for this Forum is 25 Billion Naira!!
I understand that you want to open your own bank Oga,but no be thief u don dey enter so?i mean this guy is overrated.
i beg joh,if he ban's me,it will show immaturity on his part,you started Nairaland,na all of us get am now.

U mean he wants to sell this Forum at 25 Billion Naira? I dont understand what are you trying to say? If thats the case, suite him ohh. Anyways, he deserves the money for his hard work sha and its obvious that alot of people likes this forum cause if not, we all wouldn't be registering here in the first place. Isn't it?

geolabious:

[size=13pt]Original 1 self [/size]grin grin

How about you? Amebo No. 2? grin
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by MrCrackles(m): 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2008
e be like say hammer don fall on top of the poster!
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by idupaul: 4:37pm On Oct 29, 2008
i tot naira land was owned by the ministry of foriegn affairs

1 Like

Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by MrCrackles(m): 5:07pm On Oct 29, 2008
idupaul:

i tot naira land was owned by the ministry of foriegn affairs

yes the ministry headed by Oluwaseun Osewa!! cheesy
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by Raymond88(m): 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2008
Seun is the anti christ! tongue
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by Jarus(m): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2008
1, I have not had cause to relate personally with Seun, neither have I crossed his path. But given the number of threads opened to castigate him and the bitter comments I've read from from those that have fallen under his hammer, i'm beginning to accept Seun is somehow autocratic; I'm not totally ruling out jealousy on the part of his critics though. but my problem is Seun has not been coming out to defend himself against all the criticisms that have been levelled against him, especially by these people https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-186651.0.html I think rather than lock the thread, Seun would have done better defending himself against all the allegations, especially undue banning.

2, On the N25B money put on the forum, I don't think it's too much. Remember NL is Nigeria's busiest online forum. It's worth the price. Seun's creativity is not in doubt. I learnt, just like Bill Gate, he also abandoned his studies in Ife for this IT thing.
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by DualCore1: 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2008
yet another publicity stunt
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by dragonslay(m): 12:57am On Oct 30, 2008
ife-eco-06:

1, I have not had cause to relate personally with Seun, neither have I crossed his path. But given the number of threads opened to castigate him and the bitter comments I've read from from those that have fallen under his hammer, i'm beginning to accept Seun is somehow autocratic; I'm not totally ruling out jealousy on the part of his critics though. but my problem is Seun has not been coming out to defend himself against all the criticisms that have been levelled against him, especially by these people https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-186651.0.html I think rather than lock the thread, Seun would have done better defending himself against all the allegations, especially undue banning.

2, On the N25B money put on the forum, I don't think it's too much. Remember NL is Nigeria's busiest online forum. It's worth the price. Seun's creativity is not in doubt. I learnt, just like Bill Gate, he also abandoned his studies in Ife for this IT thing.

A professional will not waste his breath over petty things as such. Whats the point of defending himself and than get continuous fireback since he have other better things to do like to ensure that this forum is in place and in good condition? If the crowd do not like him, then do not register here in the first place. Besides, we all should thank him for creating this forum for us to socialize dont you think so? Where are all these peep's gratitude towards that?
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by MrCrackles(m): 12:58am On Oct 30, 2008
some people are idiots and dont think before they do things!!!
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by spikedcylinder: 8:57am On Oct 30, 2008
ife-eco-06:

Did you happen to look on the front page and notice that there are over 200 000 members here? You want him to explain himself to everyone of them? Seriously?
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by Jarus(m): 10:13am On Oct 30, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Did you happen to look on the front page and notice that there are over 200 000 members here? You want him to explain himself to everyone of them? Seriously?
No. How can I expect him to do that. What I'm saying is that he should have contributed to a thread like https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-186651.0.html and respond to the allegations levelled against him. His silence and going ahead to either lock the thread or ban the poster, is not doing good to his image. That's my own humble opinion. I hope that's not a bannable post.
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by Jarus(m): 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2008
skype4:

look at the modafucking SMF version right below angry
anyone can install a forum better than this

This may be your last post on NL with this username!!!
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by spikedcylinder: 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2008
He really doesn't owe anyone any explanation. He's arrogant and he knows it, he does the whole "take it or leave it" thing very well. smiley
I'd do the same if it were me.

The 25billion asking price, I'm almost sure is a bid to scare potential buyers away. I'm sure he doesn't really mean it just as I'm sure loads of people would have bored him silly with requests to buy the site.
undecided
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by Cayon(f): 4:02am On Oct 31, 2008
Mr Crackles

I like your style. nuff respect

@Poster:

a) Its not like you as a regular user (like me) have been granted any rights or privileges when we sign up to post.  As soon as you comprehend this concept and accept the notion that you are kind of here as a "guest", you will begrudgingly accept some of the things that happen to you here -- such as banning, delete posts, moved posts, etc,   just remember without Seun and the Moderators - it would be chaos in here.

(Talking to myself) - I enjoy browsing, learning and contributing when I can to this forum.(even when I am on vacation) I haven't had any personal issue with any actions made by the forum staff, but one never knows when I might feel strongly enough to not be rational with a rational decision made by said forum staff and get myself some banning.

@All who are reading:

Humans are fragile creatures. Some people do and say things that may seem silly to others, just to fit in and be one of the crowd. We should be careful how we treat them, all it takes is one word to destroy them and make them feel worthless,( EVEN on forums where they can't even see you )  The saying 'ignorance is bliss' can sometimes be true but we have to learn the difference between ignorance and ignoring, we all live in the same world and should care for each other and there are enough hard knocks in life without us purposely adding to them.

Disclaimer Note

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorized.

Women who are pregnant or may become pregnant or are nursing are advised to consult their husband and physician before reading this email.  Eating before reading may result in unhealthy indigestion. Not recommended for people over the age of 95.  Batteries not included.
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by chessguru(m): 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2008
@j-charguri
  Like i said in a previous post This "seun" thing hasbeen over flogged!!, i guess the fault somehow is his, How ??people have been doing things overtime breaking so many rules that tend to lower the standard of this forum especially FLAMING and sometimes unprovoked attacks/direct insults mother -father insults and strong offensive words, if thisisfun to "you"( i.e those doing it, it is not fun for others) AND SEUN HAS BEEN TOO LINIENT with that over time, and when he decides to do what he was suposed tohave bn doing, people whoareused to the whacked sub-standard way are bound to complain!![b] NAIRALAND HAS RULES!! And if we all decides to study,digest,ingest and respect  those rules, it will make things easy both for the ADMIN and the users in the long run.(NOBODY EVER GETS BANNED FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING), [/b]and there will be no need for any clash whatsoever with the admin, we would even have a situation where old users willcall any newbie toorder, and the newbie would immediately know this is not a place to display morbid or eccentric conduct!!

i guess this seun matter has been over flogged, please lets leave matter for mathaias and move forward!!  i think everybody on this forum has got the responsibility to maintain certain standard by properly reading and obeying the rules(obey before complain) however seun is only human, and  sometimes exercising his discretion in a way that makes some people angry, he is even linient as per some rules
AM NOT SEUNS fan but i am not his enemy either, but i love to say it as it is, LET THIS SEUN MATTER REST FOR NOW AND LETS CONCENTRATE ON MORE IMPORTANT THINGS, like doing somethings right, maintaining a good standard ,obeying simple forum rules, and i don't think people get banned for that, one love.!!

@dayotee2
your post shows a little bit of ignorance as per the state of affairs, you deduced rationally and brilliantly but from wrong premises, and judgement is affected, what isshocking about people getting banned on a website? if you break certain rules or violate the terms and conditions of using HI5,facebook, myspace, or anyother website that isworth that name, you willbe kicked out without notice, because by registering you are deemed to have understood the terms and conditions of usage and the rules, every forum has RULES and users are expected toobey those simple rules FOR THE SMOOTH RUNNING OF THE SITE, so how is it the craziest thing you have heard in your website development career?? thisputs a big question mark on your claim.(though i amnot interested in disputing that).

As per 25 Billion, i guess he can put whatever price tag he deems fit, besides don't you think a site is worth just the cost of setting it up, yeah SMF is free , SMF is cheap, but if truely you are into the business you should know that a site is worth its traffick , and ranking!!and not how easy to set it up, go and check nairalands ranking on ALEXA, and for your information, i have the same script used to set up myspace.com, and plenty of fishh.com that rakes in $30000 everyday, does that make those sites cheap, wether seun has done something fantastic or not is not for any single person to judge, it is a matter of op[inion which you are entitled to, personally i think OWNING THE BEST RANKED SITE IN NIGERIA IS NO SMALL FEAT, AND NOBODY CAN TAKE THAT FROM NAIRALAND!!

yes nairaland is user driven, but there should be mutual respect, HE WHO COMES TO EQUITY MUST DO SO WITH CLEAN HANDS!! WE allhave the responsibility torespect the rules.respect the admin and other users too, and i don't think we get banned for that, BEACUASE THIS IN THE LONG RUN WILL help the site, quality matters!!

finally, i think the most important thing here isnot who is right or wrong but what is right, and i believe it isin every mans power todo the right thing, it is adecision that everyone of us can make!!, sentiments apart

I AM NOT SEUN'S FAN, NEITHER AM I HIS ENEMY, i am just been objective , in fact our personal contact was nothing to write home about, and can even be judged as bad impression, but little things should be taken as such, bottom line is that i admit the fact that the admin can't lay claim to bieng perfect, but how ever dumb and arrogant he appears he is only human, with his own fault(s) and there are better ways to make that known to him that will show good motive[/b].[b]IT IS NOT WHAT SAID BUT HOW SAID!![/b]THAT SHOWS YOUR MOTIVE, DO YOU WANT SEUN TO CHANGEFOR GOOD, SEND HIM A MAIL BUT THREADS TOPICS SUCH AS [b]"WHO THE HELL IS. SEUN[color=#990000][/color]",  SHOWS NOTHING BUT BAD INTENTION[s], am not interested in that though .everybodi nje oruko fada e !! dat one is not my headache i seperate the site from the owner[/s]

FIRST LETS OBEY THOSE SIMPLE RULES AND SEE IF THINGS WONT START WORKING FINE!! THAT TO ME IS THE WAY FORWARD!!, that way the admin wont have any cuase to display any of those "unwanted traits" and everybody will be happy!
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by dayotee2(m): 6:49pm On Nov 03, 2008
@chessguru

Thank you for reading my post and finding it worth your replying effort.

Again, let me say. I do not agree to people breaking the rules of any forum, but there are better ways of handling issues than ban people from your website, All i am saying is that the people of the forum should be shown respect, because the most beautiful and highly functional websites of the world will die before time when people stop using them.

There are ways of managing "customers" than kick them off your shop because they did one thing or the other wrong.

Let me pick out some point from your post and reply:

what isshocking about people getting banned on a website
?

well maybe I should ask you, what is wrong with me been shocked? I believe I have the right to be shocked at anything I find shocking to me, it may not be to you but to me, it is very shocking shocked that the people on NL is still standing at far less then 1million so ,

you deduced rationally and brilliantly but from wrong premises, and judgement is affected
:

maybe if you use simple english then I will be able to understand exactly what u r trying to say with this but until then, this doesnt make sense to me, am sure u didnt see my name as wole soyinka.

if you break certain rules or violate the terms and conditions of using HI5,facebook, myspace, or anyother website that isworth that name, you willbe kicked out without notice, because by registering you are deemed to have understood the terms and conditions of usage and the rules, every forum has RULES and users are expected toobey those simple rules FOR THE SMOOTH RUNNING OF THE SITE, so how is it the craziest thing you have heard in your website development career?? thisputs a big question mark on your claim.(though i amnot interested in disputing that).

well if FB, HI5, MYSPACE and others start banning people from there site because one crazy term of use was broken then I wonder how many people they will have on there network. These sites have deep rooted respect for there users and that is why they are FLYING high.

NL can and should do better than this. You need to go through the large number of complains that has been leveled against the admin of the forum to understand my shock. I have also had some of my topics moved to the recycle bin before and i feel offended.

As per 25 Billion, i guess he can put whatever price tag he deems fit, besides don't you think a site is worth just the cost of setting it up, yeah SMF is free , SMF is cheap, but if truely you are intothe business you should know that asite is worth its  traffick , and ranking!!and not how easy to set it up, goand check nairalands ranking on ALEXA, and for your information, i have the same script used toset up myspace.com, and plenty of fis.com that rakes in $30000 everyday, does that make those sites cheap, wether seun has done something fantastic or not is not for any single person to judge, it is a matter of op[inion which you are entitled to, personally i think OWNING THE BEST RANKED SITE IN NIGERIA IS NO SMALL FEAT, AND NOBODY CAN TAKE THAT FROM NAIRALAND!!

well as per the N25Billion claim worth of NL, I agree with you that part a site worth is valued in terms of its traffic, (ranking) but that is not ALL. if you read my post, i only asked what the evaluation is on? if you say ranking, then i give it to NL but there is more to the value of a website than its ranking. If I have 2Million, I will run a parallel website and achieve in less than 6months what it has taken NL to achive in years.

My point is this: NL need to do more than what it is doing right now to raise its evaluation level , like spikedcylinder says: I think it is just to scare people away, bet he has been recieving numerous calls from people who think they can do better than this.

dayotee2:

I respect seun for his great work and initiative but I don't think he deserve all party because site's survive on user. with due respect, he has not done anything spectacular, I am yet to see any advert for the promosion of NL, so people drive the success of this site and I think the users should be given MAXIMUM respect.

Deep Respect.
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by gailnaba(f): 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2008
what verbal tirades, yu guys sghould step out for a smoke wink
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by chessguru(m): 9:21pm On Nov 04, 2008
@post   dayotee2

The whole thing still boils down to ignorance of the laid down rules, the way forward still remains, "lets obey these simple rules, nobody gets banned for that"!!

FOR EXAMPLE don't tell me people don't get banned on those social networking sites, EVEN FOR PUTTING THE PICTURE OF A CELEBRITY ON YOUR PROFILE THEY BAN YOU!!Go to HI5 .com and violate the terms and conditions and have someone report your message as spam and see if you wont be disconnected without notice  or put porn material on your profile, the point is if a rule is broken, the admin has a discretion to ban or not to ban and these are in the rules and terms and conditions when registering for the forum, .HOWEVER I THINK AND I AGREE WITH THE FACT THAT THE ADMIN SHOULD RESPECT THE USERS, THIS HOWEVER MUST BE MUTUAL AND THE USERS MUST IN TURN RESPECT OTHER USERS AS WELL AS THE RULES/ADMIN, WE ALL SHARE THAT RESPONSIBILITY, , and if the admin is doing the wrong thing, there are progressive/polite and civilised ways to express it,

As per the Nairaland issue, shocking? progress, etc, Nairaland is first of all a privately owned site, THE OWNER is not complaining though and he can decide to delete the whole site if he deems fit, though i think the 25billion in www.seunosewa.com has LOL in front of it, it is not worth killing ourselves over , to him nairaland is his baby and to him it may be worth 50 billion or even the holy grail , THE PRICE THING is a matter of the mind if you don't mind it doesnt matter what seun price jokingly or candidly puts on his site!

your post was moved/people were banned/, the first step to a solution is to ask your self first why your post was moved(ARE THEY OFFTOPICS?), or why that guy who posted porn or called another user a stupid bastard unprovoked was banned?? first determine if they actually broke the rules, then we shall take it from there, if found to be unjust, there are also good ways to table the matter that wont make it sound like a war declaration,

you deduced rationally and brilliantly but from wrong premises, and judgement is affected

nairaland should not/never be compared with facebook.com/myspace.com/hi5.com why? they serve entirely different purpose!! these are social networking sites/dating sites/,  nairaland is only for one thing   DISCUSSION FORUM!! it will only be fair if you compare our nairaland with another discussion forum, HOW MANY SMF  forums do you know that has up to 1 million members please tell me, THE YARD STICK TO MEASURE NAIRALANDS SUCCESS SHOULD THEREFORE BE NAIRALAND VERSUS OTHER FORUMS OF THE SAME OR SIMILAR SCRIPTS  and i can say categorically here that this forum stands tall in that regard, though there is room for improvement, IT REMAINS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD. and yes he can do better than this, please compose a mail or post it right here on how oluwa seun osewa can improve his site i am sure he would appreciate the positive gesture for a change!!

NOTE
Facebook received its first investment of US$500,000 in June 2004 from PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel. This was followed a year later by $12.7 million in venture capital from Accel Partners, and then $27.5 million more from Greylock Partners. A cash flow statement was leaked, showing that during the 2005 fiscal year, HOW MUCH IS AVAILABLE TO SEUN? ANYWAY THERE IS NO BASIS FOR COMPARIZON BETWEEN A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE AND A DISCUSSION FORUM!! TWO DIFFERENT THING!!

LETS LEAVE THIS MATTER AND CONCENTRATE ON DOING THINGS RIGHT, POST RIGHT, OBEY RULES  RIGHT, AND EVEN REACT AND COMPLAIN RIGHT , ONE LOVE!!

@gailnaba
thanks, but i don't smoke,i don't drink , niether am i into women, but i love fast cars and chess, [s]also in love with sandra (my laptop) and suzzie (my desk top)[/s]!! LOL
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by dayotee2(m): 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2008
@chessguru

Well said my brother, and I think I agree with you all the day.

your points are valid and your response style is respected.

cheers man.
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by chessguru(m): 12:30am On Nov 06, 2008
dayotee2:

@chessguru

Well said my brother, and I think I agree with you all the day.

your points are valid and your response style is respected.

cheers man.
THANKS FOR THE GREAT LEVEL OF MATURITY SHOWN, my man, it shows you have a genuinely good spirit,

by the way by the way,i am interested in web design and development/management  , guess we can hook up on that, am checking out the stuff on your signature!!i also run a forum  perhaps i may need your brilliant critisicm/suggestions to move forward-to be candid our "verbal intercourse has produced in me many children ideas that we can nurture together(i can holla you when time permits), gwan go mass, one love!!
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by ilaugh1: 12:33am On Nov 06, 2008
j.chaguri or shomaya or whatever-

You are a cow, a goat and a buffon all mixed together.
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by dayotee2(m): 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2008
chessguru:

THANKS FOR THE GREAT LEVEL OF MATURITY SHOWN, my man, it shows you have a genuinely good spirit,

by the way by the way,i am interested in web design and development/management  , guess we can hook up on that, am checking out the stuff on your signature!!i also run a forum  perhaps i may need your brilliant critisicm/suggestions to move forward-to be candid our "verbal intercourse has produced in me many children ideas that we can nurture together(i can holla you when time permits), gwan go mass, one love!!

Thank you for your kind words , I will gladly embrace any productive and positive idea. do holla me anytime you have the need for me. and you can also check my website http://www.tebixcreative.com for samples of what I can do.

Respect.
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by kellygirl(f): 12:26pm On Nov 07, 2008
i am seun osewa cheesy cheesy
Re: Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! by kellygirl(f): 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2008
You are a cow, a goat and a buffon all mixed together.

@i laugh

those names 4 just one person na wa ohh!!! shocked shocked wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

1996 Nissan Altima Gxe @ N500,000 / I Don't Give A F**k Crew / Nigerian Actress Kenny George Unveils Ejika Film Academy+had A Surprise Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.