Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

A Giving That Pinches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Giving That Pinches (487 Views)

''''''' / See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Should You Break Up With Your Boyfriend After Giving Your Life To Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Giving That Pinches by Simpsonrocket(m): 8:49am On Sep 09, 2014
A GIVING THAT PINCHES:
What shall I render unto the LORD for all His benefits towards me? -Pslm 116:12.
It is a good thing to give back to God who first gave us what we possess. Many believers are fond of giving to God the least, less and rotten part of what God has giving them. While others do their giving with frowness and anger to God. This is a case of Cain and Abel. Cain's attitude towards his offering was very bad but Abel was accepted. If your person has been rejected by God, your offerings can never be accepted. But the King replied to Araunah, "No, I insist on paying you for it, I will not sacrifice unto the Lord burnt offerings that cost me nothing."- 2Sam 24:24a. This was the word of King David when he was told to offer up sacrifice unto the Lord on the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite. Araunah insist on giving King David the threshing floor and sacrificial animal for free which he rejected. Unlike King David, many would have jumped on that offer and end up giving to God what cost them nothing, hoping to receive from him again. Stop deceiving yourself! God is not a begger. He only wants to know if you can surrender everything He has giving you to Him just like father Abraham did, when he offered up Isaac. Another person who made an offering that pinch in the bible was the poor widow whom Jesus talked about (Luk21:3-4). While the rich did thier giving out of there riches, this poor widow gave all his life savings to God. No wonder Jesus talked about her. "But who am I and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generous as this? Everything comes from you, and we have giving you only what comes from your hand" -1Chro29:14. Nothing we possess in life is ours. All were giving to us by God. Hence no man should hold back what God has first giving him from God. Does your giving pinch? God bless you.

LIKE AND SHARE PLSSS

(1) (Reply)

Come As You Are!!! / Born In Sin And Shaped In Iniquity / T.B. Joshua To Testify On Nov. 5 Over Synagogue Building Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.