Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,130 members, 7,916,321 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:28 PM

Unnecessary And Unhealthy Competition - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Unnecessary And Unhealthy Competition (508 Views)

Top 5 Unnecessary Inventions / Why The Unnecessary Banning? I Need An Answer. / Banning Of Beaf, Rhino5dm, Aisha And Others Unnecessary, Illogical Or Autocratic?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unnecessary And Unhealthy Competition by Tbeiz: 10:27am On Sep 09, 2014
I would like to begin by saying: 'If there's anyone you should compete with, it should be yourself'.

Back to the topic. I've noticed so many things over the course of the years , and it's the fact that life seems to be a competition. There's always this struggle for who's better and who's comes first. I see it in families, amongst peers, schoolmates, even husband and wife(haba!).

On Nairaland here, people seem so excited when their posts/topics hit front page(sometimes seeing it as one explosive achievement). I congratulate you however. This is just an inherent competitive nature. Oya post your comment naa, you see things like 'first to comment', 'sapce booked' e.t.c. I still congratulate however. Seun has a prize for y'all. grin

I'm not here to bash anybody or talk down anybody, all I'm saying is make a mental note of why you do the things you do. My first ever topic here hit the front page and I didn't flinch, well maybe a little surprised. I only wanted to educate people.

This competitive nature does more harm than good(if healthy, I recommend, and that's why we have Champions league, World Cup, and other sports).

So in summary,see some results of unhealthy and unnecessary competition below:

In families - sibling rivalry, divorce ultimately between parents, envy (especially in polygamous homes)
At work place- backstabbing , politics of the highest order, falsifying documents ,evil schemes e.t.c
In the church/ religious institution (this one is unbelievable- eleyi gidi gan) - pastors/leaders losing focus , misuse/abuse of authority ,e.t.c
At school- making enemies where you could have made friends for life, joining cults , wrong association, envy
In your neighbourhood- you know how this one pans out. BEEF!!!

Hope you get the drift of this write-up.

So I end with 'Be the best you can be , not because someone set a limit, but because you know you are powerful beyond measure'.

I have a song this too .... "Ki lan baka " by T-beiz - http://www.reverbnation.com/tbeiz/song/21698900-ki-lan-baka and "Kilanbaka remix ft Wallz" : http://www.reverbnation.com/tbeiz/song/21697474-kilanbaka_remix_ft_wallz

And I'm out.
Peace

(1) (Reply)

African Proverbs / See How Google Is Celebrating Nigeria Independence Day / How Possible Is It To Invoke Money Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.