Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,767 members, 7,969,250 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:37 PM

Sons And Their Fathers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sons And Their Fathers (892 Views)

New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage / 40% Of First Borns Are Not From Their Fathers- Dna Expert Reveals / Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sons And Their Fathers by freeme2(m): 5:25am On Oct 30, 2008
I see this almost everywhere fathers pulling stunts that they are men and in the process alienating their sons. I've been there and i got my experiences to show for it. Though I'm not a father yet, not even married, I'm learning all the wrong things not to do to make sure my children remain close to home. Home not just referring to the building but to the joy the word connotes.

How do we begin to teach our fathers to show love to their sons. ok yes i believe that the majority of them no next to nothing about showing love cos they never experienced it growing up. but should the vicious cycle continue?

I see fathers that can't talk to their sons about the simplest things when they hit puberty. Most fathers don't even know. Yet they don't let out on any opportunity of asserting their fatherhood. Pleeaaassseeee!

Wont even bother to use OBj and son as an example that is so grouse. But if you were to look around, maybe not in your own house if you are one of the few lucky ones, but check next door, and you'll begin to see.

Maybe we should start an NGO that will begin to help men to be good, if not great fathers. The consequence of the absence of fatherhood is rearing its head in the western would. Lets stand up for the children yet unborn. Men must be great fathers.
Re: Sons And Their Fathers by lovangel(f): 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2008
nice one poster. i totally agree with you. and this shdnt just be fathers attitude towards sons alone but daughters alike. and for all i care, the mothers are not left out. but really i dont blame them much cos thats their level of awareness and exposure towards these issues. i think our parents did the best they know how to cos they werent brought up differently. but we can choose to make a change with our own generation if we really try. i have had course to be angry with my parents when i remember some things abt my upbringing but i also realized much later that they were brought up just the same way so i wldnt really blame them instead, i appreciate them for doing the best they cld. but i have vowed to do much better with my kids. u can do the same too wink
Re: Sons And Their Fathers by freeme2(m): 12:13am On Oct 31, 2008
Truth is not always that easy or simple! Same way our fathers could not help themselves, most guys, and babes too, end up not being able to show affection. It just becomes a very vicious cycle that most of 'we' cant control. Must people cant even have a civil discussion with their fathers. very disheartening but so true.

(1) (Reply)

Please Can Someone Tell Me What Makes A Real Big Girl ? / Nine-year-old Loses Leg While Saving Little Sister's Life / Help! She Wants To Force Me Into Marrying Her Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.