Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,807 members, 7,930,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 07:33 AM

Should A Lady Propose Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Propose Marriage? (789 Views)

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? / 7 Ways To Get Your Man To Propose Marriage To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by kuyola(m): 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
My lady is 18, and i am 6 years older than her, we love each other very much just like Romeo and Juliet. We had a discussion last night, she asked me if i love her very much. I told her that i do love her....buh of cos i do. She asked me to promise her that i am going to marry her, hmm...that was a question that i am supposed to ask her right? I was silent for a while, i didn't give her a reply. Then after some minute, i told her that I'll think about it. she then told me that i wasn't willing to have her as my wife...she cried for a moment, my heart could not bear to see her crying cry cry cry...as it was heart-touching. cry

She is asthmatic and scared that she might lose me to another person as 'no one has ever loved and cared for her the way i do'...she says sometimes.
I asked her sometime ago that if i left her that would she go on with life and love someone else....guess what she told me,,she said i would only find out the next day that she drank poison. I was afraid that she might hurt herself because of me....hmm, I'm really confused now that i feel like am only doing her a favor being with her. I'd love to have her as my future wife but I reserve the right to propose marriage as a man. I do not want to feel like i am doing her a favor by taking her as my wife despite she is asthmatic as though i don't even consider that.

She ask me questions like...'What if something happened to her after after we got married, what of the stress of treatment Buh she asked me to promise her of marrying her, so i am damn confused... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by lomaxx: 1:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
She's 18 and you're 6 years older than her. Does this mean you're 24? Because I'm really worried.
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by kuyola(m): 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
yeah
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
Lov knws no boundaries, go ahead n marry her if u truely her.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by yungchop: 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
Any gender can propose a marriage! But people are making it look like its A MUST for the male to propose smiley
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by Godswillu(m): 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
Let me ask you a question? Do you want to marry her?
If YES then it does not matter who propose to who
But if NO. Then there is a small problem

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by dre11(m): 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
Why not if there is an understanding BTW both parties and u know that the man is mature enough to handle the proposal from the lady in question

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by perry2020(f): 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
Godswillu: Let me ask you a question? Do you want to marry her?
If YES then it does not matter who propose to who
But if NO. Then there is a small problem
Exactly as he said,

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by kuyola(m): 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
i usually say that 'only God knows tomorrow' and she'll just get angry
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
Blebleswag: Lov knws no boundaries, go ahead n marry her if u truly her.

.... If You truly Love Her.

Don't Thank me. Free Community Service. wink
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by Enegod(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tell her to go to your father and ask for his permission first? undecided
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by kendrick93(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
why would u expect an 18yrs old gal to propose to u? seriously
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by lirusehn(m): 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2014

I stopped reading when i read the first 5 lines.

Romeo and Juliet?? Who told yu she loves you? undecided
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by Tymax(m): 5:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
Guy the greatest concession you can make is that she's is kind of person you'd love to marry. Cos that's the truth (according to your Opening post)

Do not ask her to marry you until you're ready. No promises yet.

There's a difference.
kuyola: ...I'd love to have her as my future wife but I reserve the right to propose marriage as a man. I do not want to feel like i am doing her a favor by taking her as my wife despite she is asthmatic as though i don't even consider that.
She ask me questions like...'What if something happened to her after after we got married, what of the stress of treatment Buh she asked me to promise her of marrying her, so i am damn confused... undecided undecided undecided

But this babe is just 18 years old. Why she dey carry marriage for head like this? Don't promise her o.
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
TrollMan:

.... If You truly Love Her.

Don't Thank me. Free Community Service. wink
No1 is perfect in anytin, buh tnx.
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
Blebleswag:
No1 is perfect in anytin, buh tnx.

You still went ahead and thank me?
Wow, you will make a good wife.
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
TrollMan:

You still went ahead and thank me?
Wow, you will make a good wife.
Ha! Nawo! Hw does dat make 1 a gud wife ni?
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hehehahahahehehehehahahahahahahahehehehe*laffs in hausa*
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
lirusehn:
I stopped reading when i read the first 5 lines.

Romeo and Juliet?? Who told yu she loves you? undecided
Lmao.
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by MisterLongman(m): 7:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
If you don't wish to marry her, please don't....... Don't marry a woman out of pity

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Blebleswag:
Ha! Nawo! Hw does dat make 1 a gud wife ni?

Humility.
Or don't you've it?
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 10, 2014
TrollMan:

Humility.
Or don't you've it?
Yes I do.
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage? by Chartey(m): 11:24am On Sep 13, 2014
lomaxx: She's 18 and you're 6 years older than her. Does this mean you're 24? Because I'm really worried.
Lomaxx pls can I get your guide to overseas training? johnsongreenspaceATyahooDOTcom Kindly include those texts, I especially need Browse.

(1) (Reply)

Getting A Guy To Chase After You And Fall In Love - Tips That Work! / Girls: 5 Reasons Why You’re Still Single / Photoshopped pix wont be allowed on nairaland come 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.