Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,094 members, 7,909,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 04:48 PM

Blogging In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blogging In Nigeria (6618 Views)

How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes / How To Make Money Online Blogging In 2015 / How To Make Money Blogging In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blogging In Nigeria by nigboy(m): 5:49am On Oct 30, 2008
Why is it that only a few Nigerians know much about this niche called blogging
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by uwalakasta: 4:35am On Nov 03, 2008
Thank you for giving room for this topic blogging.
as for me i only know it looks like apart from that i don't know any other
about blogging, please trow more light.
Thanks.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by OmniPotens(m): 9:03am On Nov 03, 2008
@poster
Make a search in this forum and find out more on what you are asking for. Go to Google and possibly Yahoo and make a search for Nigerian blogs and see results for yourself.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by DualCore1: 10:53am On Nov 03, 2008
there are a thousand and one bloggers in nigeria, most of them write boringly long essays about their already boring lives for people to read and they proudly say "goto my blog".
I havnt really seen any blogger using the full potential of blogging, money making.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by OmniPotens(m): 11:42am On Nov 03, 2008
Dual Core:

there are a thousand and one bloggers in nigeria, most of them write boringly long essays about their already boring lives for people to read and they proudly say "goto my blog".
I havnt really seen any blogger using the full potential of blogging, money making.

I'm working on setting up an article directory where these bloggers can come around and pick up articles and load up their bloggs. It will enhance bloggs at least, giving better contents to visitors. The next question now is, "will they value it?"
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by Seun(m): 11:51am On Nov 03, 2008
Blogging is not primarily about money-making. That's not why millions of people blog. It's about self-expression.

There are a couple of commercial blogs in Nigeria, however: The Gardener's Daughter, Dipo Tepede's Blog, and Careers Nigeria for example.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by DualCore1: 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2008
Seun:

Blogging is not primarily about money-making. That's not why millions of people blog. It's about self-expression.
i didnt say its primarily for money making. Dont mis-understand my using "full potentials".

OmniPotens:

I'm working on setting up an article directory where these bloggers can come around and pick up articles and load up their bloggs. It will enhance bloggs at least, giving better contents to visitors. The next question now is, "will they value it?"
I will value it.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by yicob(m): 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2008
Why is it that every Nigerian wants to blog to make money?
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by OmniPotens(m): 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2008
I will inform you once I'm done. At least, webmasters can post free articles for use by any interested blogger. Well, until I'm done then reviews will say what should go and what shouldn't.

@yicob
I don't blame them much. The much incentive that was created about blogging was to make money out of it. This now took many into blogging, adding contents from AdSense and waiting for clicks to make money. You see so many moving from one net cafe to the other, opening and clicking at their adverts just to try accumulate some funds. blah blah blah

I don't really blame them. Everyone needs to make some money. Webmasters do and so do bloggers too. I guess dishing out better ideas to blogging will do much better to bloggers.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by Yolu: 2:24pm On Nov 03, 2008
Funny thing is though that many of the most commercially successful bloggers I've read about did not start out with any intention of making money. Just wanted a means of self-expression or to fill a niche in their industry. The money came afterwards. I've found that in many cases, money has an interesting tendency of evading those who chase after it  wink

@OminiPotens - that sounds like an interesting idea - I would like to pay a visit once you're done.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by Seton(m): 10:55am On Nov 04, 2008
Hi Folks,
there are so many blogs in Nigeria, yes i agree with you all, but lo and behold very few of them are making impact
the main reason is that they are not giving providing quality content, they are not educating their visitors, the only thing the way is to make money with their blog which to me can/may not be possible,

They main reason their are content so boring is that many of them what start a blog so as to make money, which should not be the primary aim, that is the disconnection, they do not have enough knowledge on the subject matter they talking about.

A blog is an online journal, it aims is educating the visitors, day-in-day-out, it must be updated always.

For you to be able to educate, you must have enough knowledge about the subject you intent to use,
You must be ahead of the students, Can you imagine a situation whereby you bought a Punch Newspaper and discover that the information there are has been published before either by punch or other newspaper, what will you do? you either throw it at them or you will not buy it again.

Blogging, content is the key, so you must look for areas you have interest or know-how. WHEN YOU are giving your visitor quality content, then you can move to the next stage of adding adsense or affiliate marketing or information making.

For the past months i have been planning to start a blog of Information Security, though i know it is subject not many people are talking about but it is very important because hackers are everywhere, you see many people using free email address like yahoo and others and they do not know that it takes 6minutes for yahoo email to be hacked, do you remember Yaradua Resignation by channel TV. I am still trying to get much more information so that my visitor will not be dissapointed, that is why i have not started it because i really want to educate first.

Bloggers we in this country, they think you can just hear about blogging and kick it up immediately, it MAY not work that way, except, you are blogging on Jobs, which what is hot now, because so many people needs jobs, that is why a blogger on Jobs niche market can get Tuesday Guardian every week and write the vacancies on his blog, his is just providing employment opportunities.

For you blog for money:
Look for a niche market
get quality content,
Promote the site
Leverage on successful blogs on your niche,
then you can make money either by Affiliate marketing, Google Adsense, Information Marketing
So Good luck fellow Nairalanders
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by OmniPotens(m): 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2008
As per content stuff
OmniPotens:

Wait for it soonest.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by naijacampu(m): 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2008
@nigboy
You really means e-commerce/internet marketing Bloggers in Nigeria?Example of such Blogs you meant are
Techrunch
Shoemoney
Johnchow??
If yes,then we dont have mush of them here in Nigeria.the best of them Now is naijaecash(according to Alexa) while carrers nigeria remains the best Blog ( I wonders why this Blog that doesen't allow comment)
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by Seton(m): 7:15pm On Nov 09, 2008
@naijacampu

May be the owner of the blog does not it to be interactive. I guess you know there many reasons for starting a blog
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2008
Like seun  rightly said blogging is not all about making money but meduim for expressing oneslf well i have a blog that  is dedicated generating multiple streams of income and people have been visiting and giving their comments right now am  working a another blog that will teach people how to  set up blogs and make money from it  http:www.blognownow.com from my experience the first thing you need to do as a blog is to look for a way to get traffic to your blog if you can successfully do this then the money start rolling in
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by OmniPotens(m): 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2008
I probably blog for fun. That's me. I give away as free info I like anyway I want it. No rules to obey or what do you think?
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by denobleman(m): 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2008
Hey quys,

Sometimes in April I met a guru blogger and internet marketer who happens to a Nigerian,a widow,residing not in the US but in lagos who said that one thing that she loves about the internet is that she can make her dollars je-je without anyone in Nigeria knowing.

What am I driving at?

My name is Afam Uzoechina(feel free to Google it).I reside in Onitsha not in Lagos. I personally own http://www.webfireng.com A hobby that I took in revolution to the Internet Marketing Gurus who always say that free traffic methods don't work but they don't tell us how they build a 300,000 email list.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2009
We do not know or are not interested in blogging because as Nigerians we often refer to full blown website related means as the best way of making money online.

We do not realise that real blogging can be much more lucrative than promoting a product on a regular and hosted website and this is so because if you really know how to blog, you will never look for traffic for your blog unlike a regular website where you would have to use paid advertising to get traffic to your website. Blogging is real and should be embraced by all and sundry.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by Obitalk: 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2009
Men I am so inspired by wat I just read from you guys but I also heard some of u say that nigerian bloggers are not smart which is untrue but. I started my own blog, recently and I just got my own first insult which is like something I shud write in my diary. however the person said i was too academic whereas I was just looking at language content in the niaja music which I find really fascinating so now that I have been officially insulted on the blog i feel more inspired to write undecided pretty weird ehn! you can check it out for me http://obiamakareasons..com/ but I am loving the whole process. I am not afraid to write intelligently, at least sometimes.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 10, 2009
Join my just launched bloggers forum here and feel the fun of blogging.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by veetubes: 9:31am On Sep 10, 2009
good work
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by PMP: 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2009
MY PEOPLE WELL DONE.NICE ARTICLES ON BLOGGING FROM MY PEOPLE.
VISIT MY BLOGS AT
http://lifeasafirsttimeparent..com
http://ritetracpm..com

THANKS
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2009
My New blog is located here: www.wealthpackage.net/blog . The ideal ways to create wealth.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by proproman(m): 2:06pm On Nov 04, 2009
I tried visiting blognownow. It has been listed as an attack site (sites that install software on the visitors systems to grant the site owner access to the visitors information stored on the computer system including but not limited to credit card numbers, usernames and passwords, etc.) . I suggst y'all be careful. @feyisara, why is your site listed as an attack site? I did not eventually visit it for security reasons.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by Oyawuni(m): 5:27am On Nov 06, 2009
I just started this blog it is on health and religion information www.godknowsall..com
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by chanseroo(m): 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2009
In Nigeria today people are into blogging and many are so impatient because they want to earn fast money.that is bull shit.
Friend, blogging is not about playing games but about mere and simple technicalities.Use what you have to get what you want.I have some tips for you .Sure you would like it.Visit my blog for free tutorials

www.snowballnigltd..com
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by netpro(m): 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2009
Blogging is often successful if it is intended to provide steady information and useful content. The problem at times is that some bloggers catch the fire once and let go when they finish promoting the item they started with. Just like any other venture persistence is a good virture.
Re: Blogging In Nigeria by OmoFyne: 12:35am On Mar 02, 2010
well here's a nice blogging site smiley
http://beautiful2lu./

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SEO For Begininers- How To Rank In Google / 10 Questions To Ask When Hiring An SEO Consultant / Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.