Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? (5286 Views)

What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? / Give Me A Child And Get 250k, Twins 500k / Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
ahika:

fùck culture? An indian, Chinese, Japanese etc., will not say this yet they're not backward. Oga culture is not the reason for the lapses in naija and Africa, our mentality is.

i said it was part of it.....sit down and scrutinize each culture in nigeria and youll see that all of them have some really silly rules.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by ahika(m): 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
missberrypop5: i wish to have twins as my 1st issue. Boys. I'll prefer native names. Izunna and Obinna.

Does this mean only Igbos hold their culture in high regard? Where are the jukuns, Igalas, Edos, Fulanis, Urhobos?

1 Like

Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by ahika(m): 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

i said it was part of it.....sit down and scrutinize each culture in nigeria and youll see that all of them have some really silly rules.

Nothing is flawless in this world be it religion, culture, principles, constitution. Does that mean we should also shove these concepts into the gutter? NO!! Instead, we should amend them and make them manageable/practiceable.
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
ahika:

Nothing is flawless in this world be it religion, culture, principles, constitution. Does that mean we should also shove these concepts into the gutter? NO!! Instead, we should amend them and make them manageable/practiceable.

hahahaha like those e pa in the village will agree to that...
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by ahika(m): 12:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

hahahaha like those e pa in the village will agree to that...

Sure they would, rituals, killing of twins and many other absurd traditions have been truncated from various cultures or reduced to a reasonable state
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
ahika:

Sure they would, rituals, killing of twins and many other absurd traditions have been truncated from various cultures or reduced to a reasonable state

i hear you.....
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by ahika(m): 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

i hear you.....

Promote your culture, Promote Naija, Promote Africa, datz all. Cheers bro!
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
ahika:

there is still hope for naija culture
Yup, very bright cool
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
chizzy94:
LOL cheesy. No dulling na smiley.
But I get my own meaning though wink.
hmmm, ok o.
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by shitshappen(m): 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
First child will be Alex whether male or female.
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by MissSlimbody(f): 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
benromeo39: Firstly, I'd like to say we have no say in the sex of our unborn children. Regardless, I'd like my first child to be a girl and I'll definitely name her Britney, that's if my mum doesn't steal thr idea when she gives birth in a week or two angry angry. Tell us urs and feel free to give reasons.

Xtarxhyn
Cheriepe
Miztol
Frankysno
Charije
Romanciell
Mizmycol
Cocoberr
MissSlimbody
Faran.

Come and talk your own. cheesy

I ddnt see ur mention ooo.

I'd like my 1st child 2 b a boy n i'll name him OLUWAFEMI

1 Like

Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by Mention(m): 5:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
I want my first child to be a girl and I would name her ADAEZE
Why? Cos I wanna be called "PAPA ADAEZE"
I don't fancy "PAPA EMEKA" or "PAPA JUNIOR"

1 Like

Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by Tantidora(f): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
boy: Heroyuki
girl: Edwich/ Toyila
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by uch12(f): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
Boy - udechukwu miguel
Girl - ifeachukwu shine
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by BizBloke(m): 7:36am On Sep 11, 2014
Want a female. She'll be named Chovwe/Suine.

If the baby is a guy, Kevwe.
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by ChristyG(f): 8:00am On Sep 11, 2014
ahika:

Does this mean only Igbos hold their culture in high regard? Where are the jukuns, Igalas, Edos, Fulanis, Urhobos?
abeg abeg,how can u be using a nairaland topic to jugde dose who uphold deir culture and dose who do not,dose dat make any sense to u?last tyme i checked it is mostly ibos who bear english name(genevieve,rita,stephanie) than any other tribe..most yorubas bear yoruba names and surnames
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by mykindofperfect(f): 8:03am On Sep 11, 2014
Brianna for girl
Connor for boy
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by ahika(m): 8:05am On Sep 11, 2014
ChristyG: abeg abeg,how can u be using a nairaland topic to jugde dose who uphold deir culture and dose who do not,dose dat make any sense to u?last tyme i checked it is mostly ibos who bear english name(genevieve,rita,stephanie) than any other tribe..most yorubas bear yoruba names and surnames

lols, c counter attack, anyway, a yoruba has spoken
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 11, 2014
stinggy: [size=16pt]Oritsematosan or Esebanro[/size]
You say? shocked
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by stinggy(m): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2014
FrankySnow: You say? shocked
Tosan or Ese if female
Olumide(jnr) if male

Shey u wanta born for me ni?

1 Like

Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 11, 2014
stinggy:
Tosan or Ese if female
Olumide(jnr) if male

Shey u wanta born for me ni?
Lol. Miztola will.
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by Amhappy(f): 9:25am On Sep 11, 2014
Chinondu boy or girl

Am believing God for a twin boy and girl --Chinondu & Chizaram

1 Like

Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by stinggy(m): 9:40am On Sep 11, 2014
FrankySnow: Lol. Miztola will.
She's given me her own, remains yours dear wink
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 11, 2014
stinggy:
She's given me her own, remains yours dear wink
I'm married already.
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by stinggy(m): 10:09am On Sep 11, 2014
FrankySnow: I'm married already.
Oh really
Big fat liar undecided undecided

Well well, polyandry isn't illegal yet in 9ja grin
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 11, 2014
stinggy:
Oh really
Big fat liar undecided undecided

Well well, polyandry isn't illegal yet in 9ja grin
I'm not a liar na. grin

Nice siggy. tongue
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by stinggy(m): 10:16am On Sep 11, 2014
FrankySnow: I'm not a liar na. grin
Abii
As if I don't know na...

Let's do this joor, let's have our Tosan or Mide. The earlier the better kiss
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 11, 2014
stinggy:
Abii
As if I don't know na...

Let's do this joor, let's have our Tosan or Mide. The earlier the better kiss
Lmao. Wait for miztola.
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by stinggy(m): 10:23am On Sep 11, 2014
FrankySnow: Lmao. Wait for miztola.
She's had hers se, na ur own remain..sharperly abeg
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 11, 2014
FrankySnow: I'm not a liar na. grin

Nice siggy. tongue
this one yaf come again. So u are the mzmariah? I won't give u what they said I should give u again. angry
Re: What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 11, 2014
benromeo39: this one yaf come again. So u are the mzmariah? I won't give u what they said I should give u again. angry
I don't even want it. smiley

I'm nor mzmariah, I'm frankysnow and I'm a guy. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Can Now Buy Breast Milk Online / Am I Wrong Fighting My Husband's Younger Brother's Side Chick? / Please What Can I Use To Reduce My Cheeks. They Are Too Big Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.