Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,104 members, 7,942,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:16 PM

Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed (33377 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State / Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 / Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by McLove(m): 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
IF THE DATE SHOULD BE CHANGED AGAIN, IT WILL PORTRAY OUR GOVT AS AN UNSERIOUS ONE. A GOVT THAT CANNOT MAKE FIRM DECISION
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by whyque(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
d NMA r nt bin sincere,y hold bak primary nd secondary skuls,wen tertiary institutions r on,wen religion clergy r busy holdin crusades.....
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by lafuria1(m): 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seriously postponing the resumption date doesn't make sense.

We are just going about this all thing in wrong way. What are we trying to achieve by postponing the resumption date for secondary and primary schools? Protect the children? Wha makes the children more vulnerable to Ebola in school than when when they are at home?

Why are public places still wide open, if the government truly cares about containing Ebola, why not close than public places like banks, markets, work places.

For a child to contact a Ebola, he has to make contact with an adult, what is the government doing to ensure theses adult don't contact Ebola.

The north and part of east, west, and south have no reported case of Ebola, why should their schools remain close?
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by Rich4god(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
How about sunday school/catheshism classes/Islamiyya... Church gathering, holiday classes that are on going... Me thinks, proper orientation is what we need
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by Jerry602(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
Whatever that will be in the interest of nation should be done.
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by butanep(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
dulaman: please we are tired of the break already, don't postponed anything.something must always kill a man
you must be insane for saying such.... What kind of brain do you have? Please watch your mouth in public

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by Balkan(m): 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
I dont know why the ministry of eduction made a u turn on the resumption
date. I hope money did not change hand. with all the warning from
ministry of health.
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by daveP(m): 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Im very angry at the fact that this was these same set of people that didnt give a damn about the educational sector, or pressure the FG to increase the budget to better things.

Their counterparts were busy attending session just for monetary gains, some just sit without even contribute to discussions that carry national weight. They are there to just have fun, and of course the cash is a forerunner of it.

They only sit up whenever its about the oil business. Security and education is like something that shouldnt be touched before.

Hypocrites as they are, they now show concern when a very SERIOUS HEALTH HAZARD is threatening the economy. ASUU strikes and the likes didnt move them all. It is Ebola that moves them, and i cant but ask this question---

MUST THEY TAKE THINGS SERIOUS WHENEVER SOMETHING THREATENS NIGERIANS TO THIS EXTENT?

REM THEY DIDNT SHOW SERIOUS CONSIDERATIONS TO MAKE THE PRESIDENCY AT LEAST FOCUS ON DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THE HEALTH SECTOR. AND NOW THAT EBOLA IS STILL AROUND, THEY MAKE PROVISIONS TO MAKE SURE THEY STILL ATTEND SESSIONS. WHY CANT THEY SIMPLE COPY THE SAME MEASURES TO ALL SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA AND LET THESE KIDS GO BACK TO THE CLASS?

N.A doing like n/a to core issues until its out of hand.
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
they better take it back to October oo...

shuo!

i need enough pocket money.sad
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by johnstar(m): 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by shinysmrt: 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
bigt2: It sould be changed to even December . I don't trust Ebola.

Gbam!
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by 360command: 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nigerians emulating Liberians since ebola took effect.
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
lafuria1: Seriously postponing the resumption date doesn't make sense

what makes sense then

shifting the resumption has more than enough advantages.
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by cliffm43: 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
they should wait ooo...................ebola is a stubborn disease and our children's lives are more important to us than the school......schools should wait till next year
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by Tomjazzy2: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
I've always wondered why the FG changed their mind in the first place. Reasons given to justify that decision holds no water what so ever. it is on record that our tertiary institutions (ASUU and ASUP) were grounded for almost a year for mere monetary disagreement. Then no body remembered the collateral damage it had on the academic calender. Now that we have a menace which has been internationaly adjudged as genocidal, thesame FG is surprisingly more concerned about the sanctity of the academic calender.
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by vodkat: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
They should resume when there are zero cases or there is a drug that can slow down the effects. Do they not have sense at all. Nigeria is now tagged as ebola striken yet they are doing everything to make it spread.

Let all students stay at home and read their books.

God knows how many people that OAU girl has infected now if she is postive

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by 360command: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
This thing is likely to be indefinite, if I were teachers,I would start making placards advertising my service so as parents or individuals can contact me for private tutoring pending till school resumes.
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by busuyem: 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sunday, u're not resuming any school until the last person on Ebola is cured!
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by JustCurious: 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2014

lol. Just don't let those school stakeholders get hold of you! cheesy
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by lafuria1(m): 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kizmarty:

what makes sense then

shifting the resumption has more than enough advantages.

What are the advantages?
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by EldaTimba(m): 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
grin grin
dulaman: please we are tired of the break already, don't postponed anything.something must always kill a man
grin
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by amanze15(m): 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
extension or not, i dey finish grin come October 16 by the special grace of God and the infinite intercession of Mother Mary, got a lot piled up to do undecided NP ASA bed of stone nice album cool
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by iceberylin(m): 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
They should stop this Rubbish joor
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by delequake(m): 1:45pm On Sep 10, 2014

We are talking of innocent children here not grown ups. must we put the lives of our children in mortal danger just because something must kill a man? i am very sure u don't have one yet.
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
lafuria1:

What are the advantages?

are you serious about that or you just looking for my mouth?

smhsad
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by KUNZEH(m): 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
na dem sabi
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by greall1: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
No be me cause EBOLA

2 Likes

Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by Analyst2: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
The government should not allow individuals to dictate the situation as all private schools' owners are only concerned about their pockets not the children they are to cater for..
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by ahnie: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
[quote
author=360command]This thing is likely to be indefinite, if I were
teachers,I would start making placards advertising my service so as
parents or individuals can contact me for private tutoring pending till
school resumes.[/quote]seconded.a smart teacher knows what to do.lolx
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by blackshow(m): 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
Beazy: The House of Representatives said on Tuesday that a postponement of the September 22 resumption date for private and public primary/secondary schools in the country was likely.
It explained that it had directed its Committee on Education to take “another look” at the date in view of the fact that the outbreak of the Ebola Virus Disease in the country had yet to be fully contained.
The Deputy Chairman, House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Mr. Victor Ogene, who conveyed the position of the House in Abuja, said there was still apprehension among parents and guardians over the Federal Government’s decision to change the earlier resumption date of October 13 to September 22.
It will be recalled that the Minister of Education, Mr. Ibrahim Shekarau, had earlier stated that the October 13 resumption date was to give health officers enough time to bring the EVD under control.
However, following protests by private school owners, the government made a U-turn and opted for September 22.
But, Ogene said the leadership of the House was concerned over the fresh protests by the public, especially parents and guardians.
He added that the House asked the committee to look into the matter urgently “in the overall interest of the pupils and students, parents and guardian and the general well-being of the entire country.”
Ogene said, “You will recall that upon the outbreak of the dreaded Ebola virus disease in Nigeria, the House Committee on Health rose up to the occasion by interfacing with the health authorities – the result of which is the positive containment efforts and call-off of the strike by doctors in the country.”
However, he noted that considering the fact that some persons were still under surveillance, the House felt it had the responsibility to ensure the safety of children.
He also told journalists that the House was duty-bound to safeguard the entire country from a likely further spread of the disease.
The lawmaker said the committee would come up with recommendations on the appropriate and safe date to re-open the schools.
He added that on September 8, a group, Africa Health, Human and Social Development Information Service, had advised against the re-opening of the schools.
The group had warned that re-opening schools now could put the lives of over 80 million school children and teachers at risk.
Sources: www.punchng.com/news/reps-want-sept-22-schools-resumption-date-changed/

IF THAT D CONCLUSION,LET ALL TERTIARY INSTITUTION BE CLOSE TOO, CHURCH ACTIVITIES, AND MOSQUE.
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by lafuria1(m): 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kizmarty:

are you serious about that or you just looking for my mouth?

smhsad

I'm serious, lot of teachers are out there without salary, they can't get paid for sitting at home. So we expect them to just bear it. We are lucky the Ebola virus has been contained to barest minimum, if public places like market and universities are not closed down, why should the primary and secondary school be.
Re: Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
Robin Hood!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US / Students 'Tied To Cross And Whipped' In Ogun For Being Late / UNN Law Students Defy Rain To Celebrate Final Exams (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.