Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,840 members, 7,930,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 11:40 AM

Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket (1095 Views)

Senators From The South Back Buhari On Inclusion Lag-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget / Tinubu May Emerge as APC BoT chairman / Arewa Chiefs In Agege, Lagos Back Buhari For Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by superbloke(m): 8:46am On Sep 11, 2014
Tinubu may back Buhari for APC presidential ticket

SEPTEMBER 11, 2014

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu
There are indications that other presidential aspirants in the All Progressives Congress may be asked to step down and support former Head of State, Maj. Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), as the party’s consensus candidate for the 2015 presidential election.

Reliable sources in the party, told our correspondent that this was the position of many leaders of the party including former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who is arguably the party’s most influential leader.

Though the party has maintained that it will conduct a transparent presidential primary election, which would give all the aspirants a level-playing field, some of its leaders said they are currently considering choosing the candidate via consensus to avoid bitter conflicts that may arise from a keenly contested primary.

The spokesman for the party in the South-East, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, who confirmed this, said the general notion among leaders of the party was that Buhari should be chosen as the party’s candidate through consensus — an option that is permitted by its constitution.

Okechukwu debunked rumours that some people within the party were planning to convince Buhari to drop his ambition and support younger aspirants.

He said, “Buhari is not under pressure to drop his ambition. And I don’t think anybody who wishes the APC well will want to convince Buhari to step down. If we go through primaries, none of the other aspirants would be able to beat Buhari. In fact, now we want to go for a consensus to avoid bitter rivalry within the party. That means the other aspirants would be convinced to step down for Buhari.”

One of Buhari’s associates, Mr. Rotimi Fashakin, who was the national publicity secretary of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change, told our correspondent that the achievement of the former head of state in the 2011 presidential election stands him out as the most qualified for APC’s presidential ticket.

Fashakin, noted that Buhari was the only living Nigerian that is a threat to President Goodluck Jonathan’s second term bid, adding that the APC would be shooting itself in the foot if it gives its presidential ticket any other aspirant.

He said being a pragmatic politician, Tinubu would not support any presidential aspirant other than Buhari.

He said, “Tinubu is a political pragmatist. He knows very well that the only man that can win the presidential election for the APC is Buhari. All he needs to say is ‘if you want my support, show me that you can bring 12 million votes.’ So, we are certain that Tinubu will support Buhari, because he is the only one that can guarantee 12 million votes for the APC. Tinubu has made a lot of sacrifice to bring the APC on board, so he will not do anything that will thwart that effort.”

He described the other presidential aspirants as opportunists who did not contribute much to the building of the APC but are seeking to benefit the most from it.

“I learnt that one of our senators asked one of the people who are jostling for the APC presidential ticket whether it was proper to go to somebody’s house and insist on occupying the master bedroom. Where were they when Buhari dissolved his CPC to form the APC? Now that the house is built they want to pick the master bedroom. It doesn’t work that way,” he said.
http://www.punchng.com/politics/tinubu-may-back-buhari-for-apc-presidential-ticket/
Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by blackfase(m): 8:50am On Sep 11, 2014
Abeg make una speed up the process. Mai gaskiya it should be.
Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by egift(m): 9:21am On Sep 11, 2014
I will like to see a Buhari/Fashola (APC) vs Jonathan/Ribadu (PDP) in 2015.

APC...Nigeria...Progress!!!
Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by ChiefJusticeFuk: 9:24am On Sep 11, 2014
Tinibu that is now an invalid veg?
Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by ChiefJusticeFuk: 9:25am On Sep 11, 2014
egift: I will like to see a Buhari/Fashola (APC) vs Jonathan/Ribadu (PDP) in 2015.

APC...Nigeria...Progress!!!

Still recycling a failed product since 1970

Btw can the SW not field an aspirant? Why are you guys so subservient to the north?
Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by Orunto: 9:27am On Sep 11, 2014
Tinubu is ill so he has no choice.
Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by egift(m): 9:31am On Sep 11, 2014
ChiefJusticeFuk: Still recycling a failed product since 1970

Btw can the SW not field an aspirant? Why are you guys so subservient to the north?

@Why is PDP not offering Presidential Ticket to a SW, why file a clueless zoologist who retired as a canoe maker? My friend you are a tribal baiting bigot. Nothing more.

APC - Progress! grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by Firefire(m): 9:32am On Sep 11, 2014
In failing they shall fail again.

Good luck to both.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by Firefire(m): 9:33am On Sep 11, 2014
egift:

@Why is PDP not offering Presidential Ticket to a SW, why file a clueless zoologist who retired as a canoe maker? My friend you are a tribal baiting bigot. Nothing more.

APC - Progress! grin

My friend, I can’t wait to see your reaction when your sworn enemy became the president again.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by ChiefJusticeFuk: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2014
egift:

APC - Progress! grin

Olodo is obasonjo not a Yoruba man?

Btw Yorubas have no one that is why you are holding hands with ab0kis

1 Like

Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by egift(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2014
[s]
ChiefJusticeFuk: Olodo is obasonjo not a Yoruba man?

Btw Yorubas have no one that is why you are holding hands with ab0kis
[/s]

Rants of a tout. NEXT! grin
Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by ChiefJusticeFuk: 9:40am On Sep 11, 2014
egift: [s][/s]

Rants of a tout. NEXT! grin

Well anyhow you want to paint it but the SW will never produce a President for the next 16 years.

After 2019 GEJ will hand over to an Igbo woman if una make am vex more in his next term after which Madam President will handover to a northern Christian after which it will go back to the north.

Enjoy your opposition till eternity

1 Like

Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by egift(m): 9:41am On Sep 11, 2014
Firefire: My friend, I can’t wait to see your reaction when your sworn enemy became the president again.

Which enemy? I have no hard feelings for the fisherman. He can be doing Wildlife Documentary as a Zoologist for National Geographic and that will still be none of my business grin grin
Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by ChiefJusticeFuk: 9:43am On Sep 11, 2014
egift:

Which enemy? I have no hard feelings for the fisherman. He can be doing Wildlife Documentary as a Zoologist for National Geographic and that will still be none of my business grin grin

By the day your case seems to worsen.

Fact remains that your own pathetic failure of a father i.e. if you have one will roll on the floor if he ever met the president.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu May Back Buhari For Apc PresidentialTicket by egift(m): 10:47am On Sep 11, 2014
ChiefJusticeFuk: By the day your case seems to worsen.

Fact remains that your own pathetic failure of a father i.e. if you have one will roll on the floor if he ever met the president.

You have no capacity to asses anyone until you are wise enough to replace you username grin

Chief = You never earned it
Justice = You do not believe in it. Do not understand what it entails as well.
Fuk = Difficult childhood with No care, I guess. Proverbs 22:6 (Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are Tan Ambassadors Blind To What Is Happening In The Country? / What Does Sambo Dasuki Know About The $9.5million Arms Deal / Military "Bombs" Used Against Boko Haram Costs $15,000 Each - CDS Badeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.