Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,088 members, 7,880,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:37 PM

Best PG Degree After Bpharm? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best PG Degree After Bpharm? (1409 Views)

2015/2016 Uniport PG Admission Discussion Thread / Start Schooling In Ghana With Just $400 And Get Ur BCS Degree After 3years / UI PG School Released Test Results Of 2012/2013 PG Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best PG Degree After Bpharm? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Good day one and all.
I'm thinking of the best PG study I can go into after my BPharm degree.

We have MPharm(Master of Pharmacy)- Basically, I know a graduate with MPharm degree works in a research institute or lecture in a Pharmacy school at a University(don't know of pay). However we know Nigerian lecturers earn good salary.

We also have MBA- Masters in Business Administration in related Pharmacy fields can be for BPharm graduates who intend to dive into business aspect of Pharmacy practise. Graduates with this degree take on Administrative roles in Pharmaceutical companies. However, experience is required here to get that Adminsitrative or Managerial role no matter how much.

And there is MS- Master of science. I don't know if this is exactly same with our MSc degree(Master of Science). But, it is a good Post Graduate degree where BPharm graduates can increase their knowledge on related fields like Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics, Toxicology, e.t.c. I don't know of job prospects here or the pay. I could use your help, Sire.

Finally, there is the Pharm.D- One needs this degree to be legible to practise as a Pharmacist in the US and someother countries. A none Pharm.D holder is illegible to practise Pharmacy and can't be recognized as a Pharmacist in the US and like countries. However, Nigeria, UK and other countries don't require solely this to practise Pharmacy in their respective countries, so unless you wanna practise Pharmacy in the US where pay is mighty good, or you just wanna pile up degrees, you can get this. It requires 3-6 years of study after BPharm degree(in the US). But, be warned, US Pharm companies will prefer employing an American Pharm.D holder before you immigrant.

My Dear concerned brothers in the house with some related knowledge or experience, these are available Post Graduate options for graduates with BPharm degree and us undergraduates . In your own knowledge, what is/are the best Post Graduate degree(s) to acquire after BPharm ?

(1) (Reply)

Free JAMB 2015 CBT Online Practice / No Nigerian Student Can Try This / Project Topics And Materials In Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.