Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,218 members, 7,934,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:00 PM

T.A Orji's Son Sues Sun Newspaper For N5 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / T.A Orji's Son Sues Sun Newspaper For N5 Billion (913 Views)

Ben-Bruce Shares A Cartoon By The Sun Newspaper / Pauline Tallen’s Son Sues Her For Unlawful Detention & Demands N200m Damages / Ojukwu's Eldest Son Sues Bianca & Other Family Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

T.A Orji's Son Sues Sun Newspaper For N5 Billion by ocular007(m): 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
Orji's Son Sues Sun Newspaper for N5 Billion

The first son of Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State, Chinedu Orji ,an Engineer, has sued the Sun Newspapers owned by the former Governor of the State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, claiming N5 billion for calling him "a terrorist."

Briefing journalists yesterday in Umuahia, a member of the legal team for Orji's son, Chief Chukwunyere Nwabuko, said the libelous publication was contained “on page 21 of the March 10, 2014 edition of The Sun Newspapers which read that 'it is not a secret affair as his terrorist activities in the state are fully documented' ".
The Counsel said the former Governor had been using his media outfit to publish malicious and libelous articles against Orji and his son who does not even hold any position in government.
He gave the suit number of the case filled at Abia State High Court holding at Ohafia as HOH/5/2014, adding that Livy Uzorukwu (SAN) is the lead counsel of Orji's legal team.

Nwabuko further said that the Presiding Judge, Justice Anthony Chioma, had already granted an order for the defendant to be served out of jurisdiction, adding that the matter is coming up for hearing next week, September 22nd, 2014.

The three point claims by the claimant include: "The sum of N5,000,000,000 as damages for libel; An unreserved apology to be published in at least three editions of the Daily Sun Newspapers; and An Order of perpetual injunction restraining the defendants, their agents, privies, servants and associates from further writing , printing, and publishing of the said libelous matter or a similar one against the claimant.
https://www.facebook.com/theabiaawakeningpage/photos/a.436366076398453.89870.432407636794297/730775530290838/?type=1&theater

Re: T.A Orji's Son Sues Sun Newspaper For N5 Billion by EddyNumerouno(m): 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
lemme see how this turns out
Re: T.A Orji's Son Sues Sun Newspaper For N5 Billion by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
Chinedu Orji an Engineer or ENGR. Chinedu Orji ?.......... coz the full story is the least of my problems right Now.....
Re: T.A Orji's Son Sues Sun Newspaper For N5 Billion by egift(m): 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
All Sun News has to do in court is present one or two people he terrorized, and that will become his permanent title.

Oya SunNews over to you...present the facts or make that guy a billionaire (I doubt he will get a kobo). Or maybe T.A. Orji wants to collect the money Jonathan gave Kalu by force. grin grin grin grin
Re: T.A Orji's Son Sues Sun Newspaper For N5 Billion by jmoore(m): 5:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
This boy never get sense.

The Counsel said the former Governor had been using his media outfit to publish malicious and libelous articles against Orji and his son who does not even hold any position in government .
And so? After 2015, una go carry una wahala commot from Abia government. Ndiara!!
Re: T.A Orji's Son Sues Sun Newspaper For N5 Billion by Holywizard: 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
I sued my dad's a'ss for calling me a fool
Re: T.A Orji's Son Sues Sun Newspaper For N5 Billion by Holywizard: 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
I sued my dad's a'ss for #5000 for calling me a fool
Re: T.A Orji's Son Sues Sun Newspaper For N5 Billion by Holywizard: 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
I sued my dad's a'ss for #5000 for calling me a fool and I won but Is so unfortunate that nairabet ate all
Re: T.A Orji's Son Sues Sun Newspaper For N5 Billion by Holywizard: 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
I sued my dad's a'ss for #5000 for calling me a fool and I won but Is so unfortunate that nairabet ate all...sobs

(1) (Reply)

Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States / Teachers In Ekiti Vow Not To Resume Classes On Oct. 8 / 2015: Why Jonathan May Lose As An Incumbent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.