Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,739 members, 7,945,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 02:19 PM

Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria (1450 Views)

Nigerian Bloggers And Web Masters! Post Your Websites Here For Review. / Please Web Masters--help / Web Masters: How Much Will You Charge To Manage A Company's Website! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by Oludave7(m): 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2008
Lets join hands together to raise the level of web masters' professionalism in Nigeria,I feel that there is not enough regards for web masters and website businesses. Or what do you feel. Oludave7
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by yawatide(f): 2:12am On Oct 31, 2008
and what do you propose as a first step. Me? i joined www.webmastersofafrica.com - based on conversations with the owner, we might be at a point where we will be meeting face-to-face very soon wink
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by OmniPotens(m): 7:08am On Oct 31, 2008
Yes Yawa, seriously, we'll all be meeting face-to-face but whenever I remember WOA, I still ask the question "where is my2cents?" I think I'll have to dedicate a thread for members to look into the issue. I think there are some people that this section of this forum are really missing but they actually help in nurturing younger webmasters to become professionals. Don't you think so?
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by kehers(m): 8:39am On Oct 31, 2008
There should be conferences, seminars, workshops and talkshows. And hey not one people jell together for the selfish interest of making money. Rather one where ideas can be shared, upcoming desgners/dev can be nutured and all this so called corporate bodies be shown d way to do tns right.
Web development in naija today isnt yet well established. Imagine an official of CAC not knwg d meang of website. Imagine me, a non computer science student aving to help computer science students of my sku do their final yr projects (develop a site). Just how many people wil u work up to and tel u av a web startup idea wil listen to u? How many VCCs sef de naija?
Web des/dev should b professnalized. Why should I for example be stucked in Electrical Electronics wen my heart is somewhere else and d closest option - computer sci is worse off?
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by DualCore1: 8:47am On Oct 31, 2008
There's just so much one can learn wen in a group. Cant recall the amount of resources i've pulled together from the software dev team i started.
Hey we can all come up together with our standards just like the W3C, u know? standard way of doing things. just thinking.
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by kehers(m): 10:23am On Oct 31, 2008
We need an organisation/organisations with the core objectives (among many others):
- Bring together professional webmasters to share ideas and rub minds on new standards and web technologies
- Bring together bodies and respective organisations and individuals together and put to them the right way to those their scrappy and unstandardized designs
- Show the way of doing things to upcoming developers and designers and create a forum (not a website now - I mean a kinda workshop) where they can ask questions and bare their mind
- Support and fund innovative startup ideas
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by OmniPotens(m): 10:33am On Oct 31, 2008
Dual Core, you have a very good and big point there. It depends on what we will not look into. I believe many here are wiling to join up and do something better. I guess we make a plan for this and create a new thread to thrash this out. What do you think? Or will WOA be preferred?
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by DualCore1: 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2008
We create a thread here about best practices we've found and other tips
or
WOA all the way, tot i was a member but i logged in and got bounced. tongue
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by ndividual: 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2008
We can all talk about change and all, but how about actions? I don't mean that we're just talking. The last time i checked the WOA Forum there were very few posts,but the little that was there was most useful.why can't everyone contribute to it? that's how these things work. Nairaland's webmaster section's rise and fall is because of everyone's contribution (both good and mostly useless).
At least we won't have these spammers/non-essential elements in a serious atmosphere. Even if you start your own stuff, you still have to contribute to it, no?
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by OmniPotens(m): 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2008
WOA is there to really help out. I think it is a better platform which is already existing.

Dual Core:

WOA all the way, tot i was a member but i logged in and got bounced. tongue

Here is the link to register to become a member http://webmastersofafrica.com/vanilla/people.php?PostBackAction=ApplyForm

The first registration is just to be listed at the webmasters section and the link above is for membership registration.
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by jmslimx(m): 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2008
nice site
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by ikeobidi(m): 11:20am On Nov 04, 2008
web designers and developers ought to stop charging peanuts for their services.
That contributes in most part to the indignity of the profession.
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by Oludave7(m): 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2008
ikeobidi, God bless you o,the greatest insult to the web masters' profession is the peanut fee charged for services.
Whereas ,this job takes a lot of time and concentration,what about the payment for your internet subscription. At the end of the day the client would not like to pay you commensurate fee because some boys have called some ridiculous amount for him somewhere else.
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by OmniPotens(m): 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by alldone(m): 2:29pm On Nov 04, 2008
i will watchout for the meeting/conference or even a trend on webmaster.
thanks
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by Seton(m): 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2008
More action less talk, where do we start from, clear objectives, achievable vision then how,
This could change the way web development is being practise in this country.
Is it not for we here to suggest a particaular day that we can meet to kick-start it.
let come with idea on how will can meet, where we meet and when, let us start from there.
Everything big start small.
Together we can make it happen.
Re: Web Masters' Professionalism In Nigeria by cdeveloper(m): 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2008
You know guy i have thought of this idea before and i did not just stop at thinking about it ; but went ahead to implement knowledge sharing blog about it. I think the western world are far more better when it comes to building standard codes that can pass the test of time not necessarily becuase they are exceptionally good , but because they understood the concept of sharing experiences and that way each one learn faster than they could have done when studying alone. I was wondering where our veteran programmers;Human knowledge belongs to the world, we need to teach they younger chaps interested in programming and make the learning curve a lot easier for them,by sharing our own experiences

I implemented a knowledge sharing site, you can find it at www.youbanize.com ;it is place to ask questions ,get answers, share experiences, learn from the experiences of others. I built for one sole purpose,sharing experiences and learning from others. so if you think you are an expert in your programming skill ,get in there and let others criticize you implementation.

I have made a couple of contributions there ,go there and criticize my implementation with good reasons. I will be making more contribution when i am done working on the university of Jos student result processing and transcript module. I will be sharing the codes i used in the implementation.

(1) (Reply)

How To Design Bank Payment Page / Flat-sql Database Engine - An Ultra-light Weight Database Engine / Who Can Create And Host A Blog For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.