Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,044 members, 7,966,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 03:36 AM

Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? (589 Views)

Why Can't Girls Just Tell A Guy They Love Him Instead Of...(pic) / Would You Change Your Religion For Love? / "My Boyfriend Beats Me Always But I Love Him" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? by hulkhiharitoz(m): 11:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
Can you Convert to another Religion because of him/her?
NOTE:-Please be sincere with good reasons why you can or can not! We’re all here to Learn.
Drop your Comment!
Re: Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? by 1one: 11:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
It can not happen.. will never happen.. No matter how much I love the girl, my love for God comes first.. In the scheme of my personal relationships it is God first.. Then my wife (when I'm married), My kids, My mother etc.. So in summary, I wouldn't compromise my love for God just so that I can accomodate her, no matter how genuinely in love I am with her.. And I wouldn't also expect her to do the same for me.. As much as love is a beautiful thing, there are some things it shouldn't tamper with and one of such things is the place of your God in your life..

By the way, nice topic.
Re: Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? by hulkhiharitoz(m): 11:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
1one: It can not happen.. will never happen.. No matter how much I love the girl, my love for God comes first.. In the scheme of my personal relationships it is God first.. Then my wife (when I'm married), My kids, My mother etc.. So in summary, I wouldn't compromise my love for God just so that I can accomodate her, no matter how genuinely in love I am with her.. And I wouldn't also expect her to do the same for me.. As much as love is a beautiful thing, there are some things it shouldn't tamper with and one of such things is the place of your God in your life..

By the way, nice topic.
ya tanx! DoroHoly
Re: Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? by diamondpaul(m): 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
I would prefer without religion.@all Cause above all religion is complicating ppeo's life. look around u those countries with lot's of religious belief's are d one's that are set's back.one way or another.
Re: Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? by cirmuell(m): 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
It's a no no. undecided
Re: Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
hulkhiharitoz: Can you Convert to another Religion because of him/her?
NOTE:-Please be sincere with good reasons why you can or can not! We’re all here to Learn.
Drop your Comment!
Religion is the doctrine that primarily define a man and shape your Ideology and conception of the external abstract world !!!
I can't drop my Religion for love i.e the feelings I have for someone not the conviction but for strong convincing arguement where you have to practically tell me why your own is better than mine !!!

Where we don't share the same Ideology , we may not share the same feelings thus it woulda been love built on falsehood explosible in near future !!
Re: Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? by donsteady(m): 12:43am On Sep 12, 2014
no, i wont even convince her to change her religion. i wont change my either.
Re: Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? by Caseless2: 1:05am On Sep 12, 2014
If she even consider my religion as an obstacle, then, i dont think love exists.
Re: Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? by Ibrowski(m): 1:54am On Sep 12, 2014
you talked about sincerity......... yeah

In as much as love could be blind when getting on a relationship, I bear first in mind RELIGION. it seems to be my first point to note no matter the beauty or the attraction cos overbearances will surely lead to a crossroad when you hit the highest point of your life-I mean pressures from parents. INFACT, IF YOU DOUBT THE END MIGHT NOT BE GOOD, WHY TAKE ON THE MEANS!
Re: Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? by hulkhiharitoz(m): 10:20am On Sep 12, 2014
Hmm
Re: Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? by djeezy(m): 10:30am On Sep 12, 2014
No I can't. My religion is my personal conviction and I won't change it because I want to get married. I once asked a Jehovah witness girl out and all she was interested In is converting me first. I took to my heels and she never heard from me.
Re: Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? by cooljoe(m): 10:36am On Sep 12, 2014
This is exactly what came b/w my ex and I. Despite how we deeply luvd each other, religion came and neither party was willing to bend. If I couldn't bend for nengi, ts a sure bet I ain't changin for no one

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help Plz / Am I Normal? / Disadvantages Of Being Too Handsome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.