Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,811 members, 7,909,106 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 05:42 PM

Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu (12134 Views)

Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation / Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. / Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by onyxo76(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
sujex2015: why did they stil confirm d ones dat r positive, dis is a national threat nd dey r taking it more serious than anything......wot wl they gain 2 hastingly declare them negative? U had contact mst nt make u +ve expt contact with symptomatic ones.....u guys r always hapi 4 bad news......
where did i give the impression that i'm happy when there is bad news? for your info i'm the one most highly at risk since i'm a health worker. but then often than not the Govt never gives us 100% true info... that is my take.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by niggereyez(f): 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
sujex2015: she was suspected.....d test result was nt yet out then......
sun news online reported she tested positive yesterday
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by sujex2015: 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
onyxo76: where did i give the impression that i'm happy when there is bad news? for your info i'm the one most highly at risk since i'm a health worker. but then often than not the Govt never gives us 100% true info... that is my take.
u knw how serious Govt has taken ebola!! Nd u kp insinuating foul play.....omo pls calm down o.......
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Jay2014: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
good job. please asked her where and where she has been to before now. give her very close marking.
we dont want ebola oooooooooooooooo in our country.
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by debrihachi(f): 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
adekayo1234: hmmmn.... may God continue to protection us

no vex o.....I just say make I try buy landed properties for Nl. 419s should keep off grin grin

no vex o... na university I wan build for that land up there but my friend talk say make I make future plans for accommodation

with this hectares of land here, I should be richer than Dangote gringrin
lmao. ...ode!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by bacca2: 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
slimmoney: Dis african countries now see nigeria as d final destination 2 their health issues cos we alwayz like 2 claim big brother every time
This is an opportunity to develop our Health Sector and make Nigeria a medical tourist destination
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by OpalBee(f): 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hmm...please what was she looking for in Nigeria? If you're sick, won't you cut short your trip and return to your country for treatment!!!
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Ezemu(m): 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Smilenw: ^ Justina' s fiance said they ran the test thrice. His result came positive twice and negative once.

Perhaps the third test result became negative because he was cured of the virus.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Ezemu(m): 8:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
bacca2: This is an opportunity to develop our Health Sector and make Nigeria a medical tourist destination

I bet Sawyer and the South African thought Nigeria was a medical tourist destination.
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by favourgeorge(m): 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
HEALTH TODAY
The Ebola Scourge…
The nation is currently under the shacks of the killer virus – Ebola. The Ebola virus is not airborne, so it cannot be caught like flu.
- The fatality rate can reach 90% - but the current outbreak has mortality rate of about 55%,
- It has an incubation period of 2 – 21 days,
- There is no proven vaccine or cure,
- Supportive care such as rehydrating patients who have diarrhea and vomiting can help recovery
- Fruit bats, a delicacy for some West Africans, are considered to be virus’s natural host.
What are the symptoms of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
- High fever, bleeding and central nervous system damage.
- Aches, pains in the joints, weakness.

Preventive Measures:
1. Don’t panic – spreading rumors increases fear. Do not be scared of health workers, about half of the people infected in the current outbreak have died.
2. No bush meat – do not engage in hunting or touching any animal such as bats, monkeys and chimps.
3. Avoid dead bodies – if you suspect someone has died from Ebola do not touch their body, even as part of the burial ceremony as you could still get the virus from a dead body.
4. Wash your hands regularly with water and soap. Most preferably an antiseptic soap.
5. We recommend the use of hand sanitizers as most people would not have water and soap with them always.

A new research study released on Monday 8th of September by Britain’s University of Oxford has revealed that 2.1 million Nigerians are at risk of contracting the Ebola virus disease.
The best way to prevent the spread of this disease is by maintaining a high personal hygiene, ensure your family closet is checked and proper hygiene is practiced. Contact your local clinic in the case of any suspicion. Or dial the Ebola help line – 0800326524357
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
The truth is that anybody found to be positive to the EVD should be quarantined according to WHO measures on containing EVD. All of you are crying without even trying to proffer a better way to help these people. If we turn a blind eye to take the right measures according WHO we might suffer a hard hit from people coming into the country. The survival rate is encouraging and I hope the Nigerian government provide more and better means of containing the widespread. A neat and better quarantine centers should be provided. There should be huge investment for that at our ports of entering to protect our people from foreigners with the EVD.

She should be quarantined for 21 days before being left to live the country to South Africa. This is about humanity not about national interest or where they come from. The Nigerian government should ignore hearsay and not allow any chance of listening to silly advice like some of the ones I just read in this thread.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by 14(m): 1:32am On Sep 13, 2014
Jumping the gun, No wonder south africans never reacted, they just kept quiet.
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 13, 2014
14: Jumping the gun, No wonder south africans never reacted, they just kept quiet.
Oh, yeah! She's South African. I can't believe the most developed and overrated country in the continent didn't say a thing because the people are possibly clueless.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:44am On Sep 13, 2014
14: Jumping the gun, No wonder south africans never reacted, they just kept quiet.
No one jumped the gun. She turned herself in, after showing symptoms. She confirmed she had visited an Ebola red zone. The first tests showed she was showing all signs of the disease. After carrying out tests on her, she was negative. So how was the gun jumped?

We should congratulate the health workers for their swift actions.
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 13, 2014
All these other african countries can beef naija like no man's business. But when there's trouble in their country, they take the next flight straight to naija. i think something is wrong with them.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by yawboateng: 3:40am On Sep 13, 2014
iiiyyyk:

so if all the results came out positive u wiil be satisfy

please note the current death rate for ebola is 55%, and if things are done well, people report early before manisfestertion of signs, it can be reduced to 20- 30 %.

Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by amanze15(m): 6:36am On Sep 13, 2014
TrollMan: ... Conspiracy. Believe this story at your own risk.

Nigerians been lying since 1950 BC .
Wash your hands constantly with Sanitizers.
sanitizers against viral disease?!
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by 14(m): 12:02am On Sep 14, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: No one jumped the gun. She turned herself in, after showing symptoms. She confirmed she had visited an Ebola red zone. The first tests showed she was showing all signs of the disease. After carrying out tests on her, she was negative. So how was the gun jumped?

We should congratulate the health workers for their swift actions.

maybe you need to read this Mr....... https://www.nairaland.com/1898153/breaking-south-african-ebola-patient

What do you understand of that statement, Nigerians must learn to report NEWS.
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by 14(m): 12:03am On Sep 14, 2014
koyyes: All these other african countries can beef naija like no man's business. But when there's trouble in their country, they take the next flight straight to naija. i think something is wrong with them.

Like which country?
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:14am On Sep 14, 2014
14:

maybe you need to read this Mr....... https://www.nairaland.com/1898153/breaking-south-african-ebola-patient

What do you understand of that statement, Nigerians must learn to report NEWS.
That is a reporter just talking. Is it possible to do a quick Ebola test? There has to be a blood test to confirm if someone has the virus in them in a lab. Till the Japanese Ebola kits arrive, it can not be done.

What was tested was symptoms, like high fever, stooling and vomiting. That does not show she has it.
Re: Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu by Nobody: 12:55am On Sep 14, 2014
14:

Like which country?
South Africa to be precise! grin cheesy wink cool tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Also Experience This? / Drug Or Injections: Which Do You Prefer? / I Need Herbal Treatment For Staphylococus Aureus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.