Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,752 members, 7,889,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:43 AM

Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. (2680 Views)

Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much / I Hate Nigeria With A Passion / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 12, 2014
Just wondering. Am I the only one noticing this or am I wrong
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by Unionised(m): 11:34am On Sep 12, 2014
Just keyboard warriors doing their thing...

Nobody really hates anybody.

1 Like

Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by Chazzyboy: 11:39am On Sep 12, 2014
I don't think so they love naija
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by Orunto: 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
You are not the only one. I starte d noticing it when Mbeki(Pres.after Mandela) referred to some nations in Africa as, "Jooloff Rice Democracy". Don't worry, it is simply, Jealousy. And, if you believe, it is the type of competition between two rivals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by gatiano(m): 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
i don't really think any black person hates Nigeria or Nigerians, according to a great saying (Louis Farrakhan), he said Nigeria is the heart of all africa and the black people as a whole, if it should fall apart or fall victim to those that plan in the dark, then the whole of africa will/may fall totally with a very bad effects to the black race (not word for word). so hate is not the right word, rather, it is fear that we are not putting ourselves right, we are not upright, we take for granted what is most valued and go after the deceit of the devil, which are in yoruba owo, ola and oro (money, wealth and power), which in fact is under our very feet we stand on. what we need is wisdom, knowledge and understanding of all things in the universe and most importantly the total submission to the will of GOD. And all other thing will be added.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by Scarpon(m): 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
I was thinking the same if not for our bad leader this south Africa don't have any thing to Bragg about
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by blasterman(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
:oR some Nigerians r selling drugs in south Africa. According to the rumors it's probably true
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by overhypedsteve(m): 1:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
G
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by ucheokpara100(m): 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2014
Nigerian should tell theirsef simple truth, if any contry flood ur contry doin one crime or d other hw 'll u treat thm? I'm in south africa wat igbos are doin here yoruba one side wit yahoo is too much o. D only peopl tht love nigerian 4rm all I knw are only prostitudes because of wat thy are getin 4rm peopl who cannot control theirsef. Thy 'll gather evry corner sellin drugs abusing women because of hw thy dress or their body shape. Is too much here o

1 Like

Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by diablos: 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
ucheokpara100: Nigerian should tell theirsef simple truth, if any contry flood ur contry doin one crime or d other hw 'll u treat thm? I'm in south africa wat igbos are doin here yoruba one side wit yahoo is too much o. D only peopl tht love nigerian 4rm all I knw are only prostitudes because of wat thy are getin 4rm peopl who cannot control theirsef. Thy 'll gather evry corner sellin drugs abusing women because of hw thy dress or their body shape. Is too much here o

And what is ur own biznes in SA? If ur brothers are doing drugs?..wat is ur own mission?
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by ucheokpara100(m): 5:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
diablos:

And what is ur own biznes in SA? If ur brothers are doing drugs?..wat is ur own mission?
I'm studyng

2 Likes

Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by VICTORCIZA(m): 5:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
very simple question
they hate who they can never reach. it is natural to hate your superior

1 Like

Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by ibedun: 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
Because of the Flatees (Eastern Nigerian men) - honestly who doesnt?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by kernel504(m): 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
gatiano: i don't really think any black person hates Nigeria or Nigerians, according to a great saying (Louis Farrakhan), he said Nigeria is the heart of all africa and the black people as a whole, if it should fall apart or fall victim to those that plan in the dark, then the whole of africa will/may fall totally with a very bad effects to the black race (not word for word). so hate is not the right word, rather, it is fear that we are not putting ourselves right, we are not upright, we take for granted what is most valued and go after the deceit of the devil, which are in yoruba owo, ola and oro (money, wealth and power), which in fact is under our very feet we stand on. what we need is wisdom, knowledge and understanding of all things in the universe and most importantly the total submission to the will of GOD. And all other thing will be added.

Nwanne don't hurl bigotry remarks on Yorubas, lets bury our hatchet... Anyi bu ofu( We are one people).
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by gatiano(m): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
my name is of a yoruba, i don't classify myself tribally anymore, i'm a really proud blackman. (we are one people)
kernel504:

Nwanne don't hurl bigotry remarks on Yorubas, lets bury our hatchet... Anyi bu ofu( We are one people).
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by amakufrancis(m): 6:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
cause we are far more better than them in many aspects. . . And day ae jealous of dz title 'THE GIANT OF AFRICA'
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by oKyrian: 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
OEmperor: Just wondering. Am I the only one noticing this or am I wrong
I lives in SA. They don't hate Nigerians, they hate all the foreigners that lives in SA just because of their Lazziness and jealous.
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by onoja12: 8:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
let me ask you are south africans not committing crimes in nigeria
if yes,are they been treated the way they are treating Nigerians,i have advocated and would keep advocating,Nigeria needs to change its foreign policy,to fire for fire,if you are hostile to us,we would be hostile to you,and you would see how quickly most countries would change their view on Nigerians

ucheokpara100: Nigerian should tell theirsef simple truth, if any contry flood ur contry doin one crime or d other hw 'll u treat thm? I'm in south africa wat igbos are doin here yoruba one side wit yahoo is too much o. D only peopl tht love nigerian 4rm all I knw are only prostitudes because of wat thy are getin 4rm peopl who cannot control theirsef. Thy 'll gather evry corner sellin drugs abusing women because of hw thy dress or their body shape. Is too much here o
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by Chubhie: 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2014
blasterman: :oR some Nigerians r selling drugs in south Africa. According to the rumors it's probably true
True. Used to have some uncles in SA early 2000 that came back suddenly with loads of cash to throw around. You don't need a psychic to tell you they run a mafia over there. But, that package doesn't seem to pay off like it did some years back. I know of like 5 guys from my villa that joined them. Atimes,I find it difficult to fault the perception southy's have bout Us. Just as the trend has moved and changed hands to malay. Crime doesn't pay in the long run. Legit is the name of the game tho, it won't be easy but, tis always worth it in the end.

1 Like

Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by cjrane: 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ehmmm,,,,,
cheesy cheesy shocked shocked :oME SEF WEY NO BE SATA-FRICAIN, I don't really like Naija o!
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by iterator25: 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
OP - you forgot to add Ethiopians, Zimbabweans etc..

1 Like

Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by Chibuke56: 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
Mods why isnt dis on fp. This is fp material. We need d general public to answer this question
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by itstpia8: 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2015
Good question.
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by itstpia8: 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2015
Scarpon:
I was thinking the same if not for our bad leader

True that.
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by mapet: 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2015
Coupled with stories I heard before I also became a student in SA, the summary are these
1. Drugs - without bias Ibo bros, you spoil ground for this area. SA once you say you're Nigerian, they will ask if you're Ibo.....these was pretty bad in the mid 2000s
2. Fraud, ATM bombing, Robbery etc
3. Others-
a. You take their women, you marry her, impregnate and have kids, then obtain SA citizenship and passport. Abandon wifey and kids and run away to another country where SA citizens do not require visa. You will be surprised that at the number of countries requires no visa for SA citizens
b. The name Nigeria is synonymous with corruption. I was in discussion with a classmate, a Zimbabwean, telling them about the need for Change in Nigeria, our plans to boot out Jonathan, rid the country of corruption........the guy just interrupted me and said we will loose our identity if we rid the country of corruption

that said, they respect us a lot because
1. We are finer cheesy
2. We are very intelligent and enterprising
3. They love our men - don't know, someone said may be because we're circumsized grin
4. They marvel at our penchant for academic prowess

1 Like

Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by sostoz(m): 6:17am On Feb 21, 2015
have u all been bothered by what other nations think about u! I cnt just randomly hate any nigerian for being a nigerian. but when a nigerian sees ur country as a gateway to europe then i c no reason to smile about that. This atitude of being a superior black is even nuisance and another reason to hate u. lastly its a minority criminal groups who attack foreigners coz I dnt even make contact with all of u!
Re: Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. by Nonybb: 7:37am On Feb 21, 2015
They dont hate us. We hate ourselves

(1) (Reply)

EBOLA: Liberia's President Writes Heartbreaking Letter To The World / 10 African Country With The High Rate Of Criminals And Corruptions #6 Nigeria / Ex-nta Boss Iredia Writes About The “so-called Ban On AIT” And How PDP Used To C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.