Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:25 PM

Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. (1256 Views)

Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo / APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected / Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by PhockPhockMan: 2:43am On Sep 13, 2014
Determined to protect the Obinugwu Royal Stool from abuse, the people of Obinugwu Community have dragged the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, to President Goodluck Jonathan, accusing the governor of unwarranted interference in the affairs of the community.

They appealed to President Jonathan to call Okorocha to order, insisting that “the governor’s continued attack on the Obinugwu royal stool was considered an attack on the entire Obinugwu people both at home and abroad.”

“We are being pushed to the wall and there is a limit to human endurance,” they stated.

The people said “the governor’s aggression against their traditional ruler, Eze Cletus Ilomuanya, was petty and unjustified,” stressing that it had become imperative for Okorocha to be called to order before he sets Obinugwu Community on fire.

The community warned that if the governor does not thread cautiously and stop intimidating Obinugwu people, they might be compelled to do anything possible to protect their integrity and also preserve their tradition, culture and customs from being messed up by Okorocha.

To drive home their resolve not to tolerate Okorocha’s undue interference in the community’s affairs, the community in a letter dated August 25, 2014 informed the governor of the resolutions taken by the people of Obinugwu at an emergency general meeting held on August 23, 2014 in the community.

The letter endorsed by the Secretary, Community Government Council (CGC) who also doubles as the Town Union President, Sir Fred Okeke, and entitled, “Special Resolutions of Obinugwu Autonomous Community on Recent Developments in the Community,” stated point blank that the vote of implicit confidence the community passed on her monarch, Eze Cletus Ilomuanya earlier on June 10, 2014 remained unchanged.

The Obinugwu people in the letter expressed their indignation at the alleged attempt by the Imo State Government to impose Mazi Stanley Nwangwu on the community against their will.

The community also alleged that Nwangwu “is not even an indigene of Obinugwu Community.”

“The community condemn the attempt by the Imo State Government under Your Excellency to foist a non-indigene of Obinugwu Community, Mazi Stanely Nwangwu, on us as our traditional ruler. Stanley Nwangwu is from Ndiuche Okoro-Aniche in Arondizuogu, Ideato North LGA of Imo State,” they stated.

In the letter to Governor Okorocha which was also copied to President Goodluck Jonathan, along with the resolution of the community on the matter, the community averred that despite the efforts by the governor to destabilise the community and a make a jest of her royal stool, Eze (Dr.) C.I. Ilomuanya remained not only their traditional ruler but Chairman, Imo State Council of Ndi-Eze as well as South East Council of Traditional Rulers.

“Our revered Traditional Ruler, HRH Eze (Dr.) C.I. Ilomuanya, CON (Obi of Obinugwu) remains the Chairman of Imo State Council of Ndi-Eze and Chairman, South East Council of Traditional Rulers,” the community stated.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/09/community-drags-okorocha-jonathan-protests-intimidation/
Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by PhockPhockMan: 3:15am On Sep 13, 2014
Not only Obinugwu Community is under threat, the whole of Imo State. I know berem and Abagworo will come here to spew trash.

2 Likes

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by estyvino(m): 3:22am On Sep 13, 2014
Somebody should do something, me think traditional values is rooted in the people's culture, why the governoship intervention, abi! Him wan contest for Igwe?

1 Like

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by PhockPhockMan: 3:33am On Sep 13, 2014
estyvino: Somebody should do something, me think traditional values is rooted in the people's culture, why the governoship intervention, abi! Him wan contest for Igwe?
I tire o o.

1 Like

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by MyIncorp: 3:48am On Sep 13, 2014
undecidedBut I think constitutionally, royal appointments are subject to the office of the governor of their state.

1 Like

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by stebell(m): 5:45am On Sep 13, 2014
Like Okorocha like Amaechi. They hav no regard for traditional stool. That is hw Amaechi is going about creating confusion in towns and communities with his recognition of peeps who hav nothing ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ do with traditional stool.

1 Like

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by JENMAUCY(f): 5:51am On Sep 13, 2014
MyIncorp: undecidedBut I think constitutionally, royal appointments are subject to the office of the governor of their state.
I disagree, in igboland,royalties is either in rotation or kept in one lineage alone... The governor has no business there.

2 Likes

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:52am On Sep 13, 2014
Okorocha na the worst leader I ever seen..
Alwys against the people.
This act of arrogance is all over him and except he's gotten some nice strategy to rig and win the guber election next year, he will fail for this earth, dem go hear am for yonder!

1 Like

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by amakufrancis(m): 7:31am On Sep 13, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: Okorocha na the worst leader I ever seen..
Alwys against the people.
This act of arrogance is all over him and except he's gotten some nice strategy to rig and win the guber election next year, he will fail for this earth, dem go hear am for yonder!
Him and udughan Who better pass?

1 Like

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by PhockPhockMan: 7:43am On Sep 13, 2014
MyIncorp: undecidedBut I think constitutionally, royal appointments are subject to the office of the governor of their state.
Is that why the governor should terrorize the people?
Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by lokito: 7:48am On Sep 13, 2014
Traditional rulers can only bark, they can't bite. On the one hand, Rochas has visibly lost in that community unless...
Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by abagoro(m): 8:35am On Sep 13, 2014
Funny how Jonathan and his cohorts are using the news media to spread falsehood. Ilomuanya is a reknowned 419er and armed robber all over Imo State and has always been despised by Obinugwu people. In fact Oliver the coque mentioned him in one of his music dedicated to 419ers of old. Him and Nebolisa used 419 money to buy Kingship.

Anyone in doubt should visit Obinugwu and hear stories from the people themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by size38: 8:39am On Sep 13, 2014
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha who is GEJ? Is he law court? Is he GOD? The answers are No. I can see the hidden hands of the PDP

3 Likes

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by Bobbystanley(m): 9:07am On Sep 13, 2014
Please u people should leave Rochas to concentrate on his good works..Which community is obinugwu in Imo state?

Do u know I arrived IMO state yesterday after 18 months of absence from my state.I couldn't believe my eyes.Owerri has been transformed into a mega city under rochas.I saw quality roads where there was no road when I last visited. Ultra modern schools for pupils and students.
Free Education to IMO state indegene at the state University.

Rochas would make a good president for this Country.

3 Likes

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by thirty(m): 9:22am On Sep 13, 2014
Bobbystanley: Please u people should leave Rochas to concentrate on his good works..Which community is obinugwu in Imo state?

Do u know I arrived IMO state yesterday after 18 months of absence from my state.I couldn't believe my eyes.Owerri has been transformed into a mega city under rochas.I saw quality roads where there was no road when I last visited. Ultra modern schools for pupils and students.

My partner in the office said the same thing. What did easterner want? Poverty (pdp) or progress(ive)?
Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by egift(m): 10:07am On Sep 13, 2014
They are only after Jonathan's wallet, because they know that Jonathan is desperate for votes in Imo - so it time to milk the Fedora Cow grin grin
Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2014
Which Obinugwu people ran to Jonathan? The same Obinugwu people who hate their Eze because he's always terrorizing them?
Please tell me another story!

1 Like

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by stan241(m): 10:20am On Sep 13, 2014
Spent most part of 08 in Imo state during Ikedi's regime when he was planting flowers all ova Owerri and visited the same place just last month and the diff is clear...pls leave my gov alone biko

1 Like

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by Collynzo17: 10:49am On Sep 13, 2014
Bobbystanley: Please u people should leave Rochas to concentrate on his good works..Which community is obinugwu in Imo state?

You also saw free education after you arrived yesterday?
That made you sound like a Propagandist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by thwarrior72: 10:58am On Sep 13, 2014
This 1 na imo people mata and Barem and abagworo is here already....... meki I waka pass tongue tongue
Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by uch12(f): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2014
Collynzo17:
You also saw free education after you arrived yesterday?
That made you sound like a Propagandist.

LOOOOL!! Nwannwa e rii badt. Nice question.. Ututu oma ooo!!

1 Like

Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by Nwaoguta(m): 11:54am On Sep 13, 2014
I no understand this shameless governor of IMO state' Eze ilomuanya has defeated him severally in the court its unfortunate that the fool doesn't want to learn a lesson' maybe he will learn in a hard way I don't know why abagworo and berem are supporting that animal maybe cos of N1000 they will receive from the governor during election.
Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by Plshavmercyamen: 11:57am On Sep 13, 2014
Who is Mazi Ilomuanya? Mazi Ilomuanya is a typical example of who a traditional Ruler/Eze should NEVER be. Thank God the people of Obinugwu autonomous community have finally been liberated. To God be the Glory! Udo diri unu
Re: Community Drags Okorocha To Jonathan , Protests Intimidation. by PhockPhockMan: 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
abagoro: Funny how Jonathan and his cohorts are using the news media to spread falsehood. Ilomuanya is a reknowned 419er and armed robber all over Imo State and has always been despised by Obinugwu people. In fact Oliver the coque mentioned him in one of his music dedicated to 419ers of old. Him and Nebolisa used 419 money to buy Kingship.

Anyone in doubt should visit Obinugwu and hear stories from the people themselves.
Bring the source of your cock and bull story or sharaaaap.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Boko Haram That Wants Swaped With Chibok Girls / All Of A Sudden, The FG Is Winning The War Against Boko Haram..!!! / Greater Awgu, Agony Of A Marginalized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.