Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ (4662 Views)

Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. / Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
NNPC MAKURDI

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by aieromon(m): 5:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
lomomike:
nice pics bro, but in cartalk we preach safety 1st too so please we love you so do your family, instead of driving and taking pictures get someone in your car and direct him when to take some pictures so you dont lose control of your car and get involved in a mishap. thanks..

I've tried to document my long distance trips but it hasn't been easy controlling the wheels and taking pictures at the same time. I think I will look for a spy camera with steering wheel controls or something.

@OP drive safely
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by aieromon(m): 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
kablooee: Some narrow ekiti road.

All the way from Efon-Erio-Aramoko-Ijero-Kabba....one needs to be very careful when overtaking on that road.
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by komekn(m): 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
Just reading through your inspiring post and I just wouldn’t have thought that a Ford Puma would have been resilient enough to do that road trip, considering our roads. Furthermore it was discontinued in 2001, so your car is at least 13/14 years old, how long have you had it for I must say it looks pristine.
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
aieromon:

All the way from Efon-Erio-Aramoko-Ijero-Kabba....one needs to be very careful when overtaking on that road.

You can say that again.
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
komekn: Just reading through your inspiring post and I just wouldn’t have thought that a Ford Puma would have been resilient enough to do that road trip, considering our roads. Furthermore it was discontinued in 2001, so your car is at least 13/14 years old, how long have you had it for I must say it looks pristine.

I've got a 330D diesel engine BMW which is my new "toy" and a wrangler Sahara for off road but my love for this puma knows no bound. Tnx komekn
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 9:03am On Sep 23, 2014
Am back to abuja now. Journey BTW makurdi and Abuja is very annoying because of the multiple road blocks, every 2km and sometimes less u have some annoying road blocks. Will leave for Lagos on Saturday. Network is better here. I'll start uploading pix and complete them when I return home.
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 9:10am On Sep 23, 2014
Meet the puma zetec engine. The never tiring engine.

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ok, got up rather late that faithful day, already had my things packed d previous night. Besides d regular engine checks, the most important thing to me when going on a long trip are my tyres, when I've new tyres they increase my confidence. I don't eat breakfast when embarking on trips. Left the house exactly 0810hrs
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by komekn(m): 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
kablooee:

I've got a 330D diesel engine BMW which is my new "toy" and a wrangler Sahara for off road but my love for this puma knows no bound. Tnx komekn

You impress me beyond words, firstly one of the few Nigerians who hasn’t accepted the rubbish put out by Nigerian mechanics as to the viability of using a diesel car in Nigeria, the 330d engine is stupendously economical and robust (real mileage cruncher)

Secondly, how do you with our dusty roads keep that engine bay so clean I am amazed?

Finally, I have done a fair amount of road trips across Europe and in the US. You are re-igniting my interest, about 5/6 years ago I tried to organise a road trip London to Lagos, I had some ex army girls (Ghanaian origin) who were seriously committed but shockingly all the guys dropped out (fear of the unknown )
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
komekn:

You impress me beyond words, firstly one of the few Nigerians who hasn’t accepted the rubbish put out by Nigerian mechanics as to the viability of using a diesel car in Nigeria, the 330d engine is stupendously economical and robust (real mileage cruncher)

Secondly, how do you with our dusty roads keep that engine bay so clean I am amazed?

Finally, I have done a fair amount of road trips across Europe and in the US. You are re-igniting my interest, about 5/6 years ago I tried to organise a road trip London to Lagos, I had some ex army girls (Ghanaian origin) who were seriously committed but shockingly all the guys dropped out (fear of the unknown )

Thanks for the comments, I go for what I like irrespective of what some shoddy mechanics think about it. Got the BMW last year and words can't describe the performance and the fuel economy is also very good.
Done a couple of trips with it also.

About my engine bay, I clean it out when I've got free time. 30mins is more than enough.

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
Approaching Lagos toll gate, irrespective of the time you get here, you see people asking for ride outside Lagos, I wonder why they don't go to the designated parks and prefer to stand here.

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
Traffic was free at Redeem..... Good to go

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Road construction about 20km to shagamu bridge, traffic traffic all the way. I got really upset cos it was longer than the usual traffic here

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 7:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
Still in traffic.
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
kablooee: Still in traffic.

I was in that hold up for almost 2hrs on sun, the road is narrow and once a vehicle breaks down it causes build up of more traffic.
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 11:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
Finally out of traffic approaching sagamu Junction.

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
After sagamu Junction. Ibadan express, rough road, very rough.

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 8:06am On Sep 30, 2014
Approaching the first bridge on ibadan express way, back in the days when I use to frequent IB, I usually usually count the bridges to know how close I am. There are 5 of these before you get into Ibadan

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 8:14am On Sep 30, 2014
Driving pass this useless truck, a stone flew from it and hit my rear glass really hard I hard to pull over to check.

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 8:18am On Sep 30, 2014
Couldn't cover all the bridges, this is the last one before the "Kingdom of guru whatever he calls him self.

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 8:20am On Sep 30, 2014
"Kingdom of heaven on earth " shocked

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 12:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
Turning towards ife road from ibadan

Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by San2ski(m): 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
kablooee: Driving pass this useless truck, a stone flew from it and hit my rear glass really hard I hard to pull over to check.

You may have to overtake it again.
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by Denn(m): 1:06am On Oct 04, 2014
Why did you choose ife route?

I was thinking ore could have been a better choice.

More info needed as I might be driving to aso villa soon
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by Ikenna351(m): 11:42am On Oct 12, 2014
Ikenna351:

As you are about to climb Murtala Mohammed Bridge, along Lokoja - Abuja highway, you will hear a terrible grinding noise like twice, as if your transmission or wheel hubs just exploded. Don't stop. Keep going. The problem is with the road, not your vehicle.

You will likely hear the noise twice, especially those heading to Lokoja from Abuja, immediately you drive out of the bridge.

Ikenna

I am beginning to believe the source of that noise were my tyres. These were brand new tyres I bought last year. Have done some trips with the car since the tyre replacement, but it appears they have started becoming noisy on roughly tarred road. Abuja road can be deceptive sometimes, when it comes to knowing noisy tyres or not, untill drive outside town. Will stay away from that tyre brand.

Or did you experience it as well?

Ikenna
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
Ikenna351:

I am beginning to believe the source of that noise were my tyres. These were brand new tyres I bought last year. Have done some trips with the car since the tyre replacement, but it appears they have started becoming noisy on roughly tarred road. Abuja road can be deceptive sometimes, when it comes to knowing noisy tyres or not, untill drive outside town. Will stay away from that tyre brand.

Ikenna

Ikenna, problem is the rd I experience it all the time, you are correct and very observant.
Re: Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ by kablooee: 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
Ikenna351:

Ikenna

Oh yes I did, irrespective of the speed you use there you must experience it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honda Civic Ball Joints / Hire Purchase / Car Rentals Vendor / Toyota Camry Jerking While Climbing Uphill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.