Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,817 members, 7,889,686 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:10 PM

Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova (32319 Views)

Unizik Loses 500Level Medical Student To Death After Gas Explosion / Trailer Crushes LAUTECH Student To Death (Graphic Photos) / See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by cronsberg: 6:58am On Sep 14, 2014
This is the fakest story i have ever read. From begining to the end, the whole story is DEFINATELY fake. For starters, there is nowhere in hell that any authority be it immigration, customs, or airport security, will tear your passport. Even if you are caught red handed smuggling drugs or with explosives, they definately won't rip your passport apart.
Secondly, there is no way you will go to an airline country office and specifically tell them Kiev but they book another destination for you. It has never happened. And then the Op noticed a different airport code but still went ahead with the journey? grin grin camman guys!!
Thirdly, you didn't eat for three days? Does that mean you are travelling with zero cash on you? Highly unlikely, if not what stops you from patronizing all the Mcdonalds, KFCs, Burger Kings, E.t.c that i know for sure exist inside both cairo and istanbul international airports?
Fourthly, So you heard the announcement like: This is the boarding announcement for Egypt air flight ------- for Moldova and you still went ahead to board the flight? The alternate scenario is that the announcement is for a flight to Kiev which magically terminated in Moldova(which is impossible) or else the whole airport would be in caos as every passenger would be complaining.
Fifthly, Airline cabin crew doesn't have the authority to detain anyone, So how come they detained you and even tore your passport to pieces?
Six, It is IMPOSSIBLE not to be served several dishes on an international flight. Sleeping passengers are woken up to choose their meal, unless you specifically tell them you don't want anything(after they wake you up), which is not likely because then hunger will kill you.

Look hear mehn, this is nothing but a cheap blackmail against egypt air that common sense will tell you is fake. I ain't saying Egypt air ain't bad though, the murraphukers once served me a vegetarian meal made up of only leaves while rest of the passenger were enjoying beef or fish or chicken. At another time, they refused to allow me exit the airport while i am on a 21 hour transit time at cairo international airport. I won't blame them for that though as everyone is required to have a transit visa before exiting the airport(i didn't have one), but they still gave us meal tickets and constantly brought us hot tea and were generally nice. That was back then, now the transit time in cairo is less than 3 hours for all destinations.
Well, now i prefer flying Emirates anyway not because other airlines are bad, but because everything about emirates is just world class

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by cautious: 7:00am On Sep 14, 2014
CityNG:

Nothing was clarified, it's all in your head so no thanks needed.

No piss off and go hump somebody else you ingrate.

I have seen your comments to others on this thread and it is interesting how quickly you pick up fights at the slightest provocation. I have said nothing to deserve your acerbic comments but I will consciously stay away from playing this in your turf. If you can't handle being challenged when you submit facts, then refrain from using the internet. Some of us will challenge what you spew, and within reason. So deal with it.

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by aaidel(m): 7:13am On Sep 14, 2014
cronsberg: This is the fakest story i have ever read. From begining to the end, the whole story is DEFINATELY fake. For starters, there is nowhere in hell that any authority be it immigration, customs, or airport security, will tear your passport. Even if you are caught red handed smuggling drugs or with explosives, they definately won't rip your passport apart.
Secondly, there is no way you will go to an airline country office and specifically tell them Kiev but they book another destination for you. It has never happened. And then the Op noticed a different airport code but still went ahead with the journey? grin grin camman guys!!
Thirdly, you didn't eat for three days? Does that mean you are travelling with zero cash on you? Highly unlikely, if not what stops you from patronizing all the Mcdonalds, KFCs, Burger Kings, E.t.c that i know for sure exist inside both cairo and istanbul international airports?
Fourthly, So you heard the announcement like: This is the boarding announcement for Egypt air flight ------- for Moldova and you still went ahead to board the flight? The alternate scenario is that the announcement is for a flight to Kiev which magically terminated in Moldova(which is impossible) or else the whole airport would be in caos as every passenger would be complaining.
Fifthly, Airline cabin crew doesn't have the authority to detain anyone, So how come they detained you and even tore your passport to pieces?
Six, It is IMPOSSIBLE not to be served several dishes on an international flight. Sleeping passengers are woken up to choose their meal, unless you specifically tell them you don't want anything(after they wake you up), which is not likely because then hunger will kill you.

Look hear mehn, this is nothing but a cheap blackmail against egypt air that common sense will tell you is fake. I ain't saying Egypt air ain't bad though, the murraphukers once served me a vegetarian meal made up of only leaves while rest of the passenger were enjoying beef or fish or chicken. At another time, they refused to allow me exit the airport while i am on a 21 hour transit time at cairo international airport. I won't blame them for that though as everyone is required to have a transit visa before exiting the airport(i didn't have one), but they still gave us meal tickets and constantly brought us hot tea and were generally nice. That was back then, now the transit time in cairo is less than 3 hours for all destinations.
Well, now i prefer flying Emirates anyway not because other airlines are bad, but because everything about emirates is just world class

finally a sane person some of these stories that touch the heart self
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by aaidel(m): 7:23am On Sep 14, 2014
to be honest i don't know why nigerian parents are eager to ship off their wards to far places in the name of education unaccompanied and unsupervised if they can afford to pay his tuition then they can equally afford to have either the mum or dad go with him considering his age

secondly as an educated person why can you not book your own tickets online and only go to pay at their office if necessary in this age of online payment why allow someone else to book you to a wrong destination? Which brings me to my own story when i had a trip to the Caribbean in order to avoid visas and due to the short notice i was convinced by an agent to book a route that needed no visas needless to say by the time i got to my destination after 4 days i knew that i cannot wish my enemy such ordeal so why put myself through it? and it was there i noticed why some people claim to be maltreated by airport staff or immigration officers is that they don't know how to present themselves coherently with sufficient evidence to backup what they are saying bearing in mind that these people have heard all sorts of stories from people attempting to game the system.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by pendo89(f): 7:26am On Sep 14, 2014
Egypt Air is Crap for sure.

My luggage got left in Cairo but thank God it came on the next flight. .
I also know that Nigerians are treated suspiciously at transit points. Blame those who tarnish the country's name abroad.

Can't verify this story as the poster sounds extremely ignorant of travel rules but being 17 yrs old,I understand.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Pennywise(m): 7:30am On Sep 14, 2014
The Egypt air official who tore up his passport may have been trying to destroy evidence.

Has this become standard procedure with that airline when they think a case may be brought against them?

It will be silly for this family not to exploit what promises to be a winnable case with potentially huge payoff. In other countries lawyers will be knocking on their door day and night rather than the over-threaded charge and bail path our lawyers choose to take.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by aaidel(m): 7:31am On Sep 14, 2014
CityNG:

Nothing was clarified, it's all in your head so no thanks needed.

No piss off and go hump somebody else you ingrate.

allowed entry does not mean you are guaranteed entry and he could also have been refused entry subject on the recommendation of the immigration officer. so he is quite right to say he was granted a visa in to the country

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by wiringdpt(m): 7:34am On Sep 14, 2014
I only do Qatar and Emirate

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 14, 2014
cautious:

I have seen your comments to others on this thread and it is interesting how quickly you pick up fights at the slightest provocation. I have said nothing to deserve your acerbic comments but I will consciously stay away from playing this in your turf. If you can't handle being challenged when you submit facts, then refrain from using the internet. Some of us will challenge what you spew, and within reason. So deal with it.

Why are you getting your skirts all bunched up?

Sure bring it on and as you've audited I'll match you toe to toe you odd toed orang tang. It's one thing to challenge outright untruths but that wash;t what you did. You insinuated that I was lying. I don't surfer fools and I will call a spade a spade, no apologies if that makes you mad but I am not in charge of your emotional compass.

I have done nothing to mislead anyone.

Go find a lake and jump in it.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 14, 2014
aaidel:

allowed entry does not mean you are guaranteed entry and he could also have been refused entry subject on the recommendation of the immigration officer. so he is quite right to say he was granted a visa in to the country

Don't mind them ojare grin

The issue at hand wasn't if I had a visa or allowed entry (same thing), the issue was that I went into Madrid to eat but someone else with a Nigerian passport wasn't allowed to do that. And I only brought it up to show how far our national integrity has fallen.

I now fully understand that some Nairalanders are juvenile delinquents.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 14, 2014
aaidel: to be honest i don't know why nigerian parents are eager to ship off their wards to far places in the name of education unaccompanied and unsupervised if they can afford to pay his tuition then they can equally afford to have either the mum or dad go with him considering his age

secondly as an educated person why can you not book your own tickets online and only go to pay at their office if necessary in this age of online payment why allow someone else to book you to a wrong destination? Which brings me to my own story when i had a trip to the Caribbean in order to avoid visas and due to the short notice i was convinced by an agent to book a route that needed no visas needless to say by the time i got to my destination after 4 days i knew that i cannot wish my enemy such ordeal so why put myself through it? and it was there i noticed why some people claim to be maltreated by airport staff or immigration officers is that they don't know how to present themselves coherently with sufficient evidence to backup what they are saying bearing in mind that these people have heard all sorts of stories from people attempting to game the system.

Yep.

I find it credible that the Egypt Air personel could just not believe that someone would be as dense as to purchase the wrong ticket, get the wrong boarding pass and board the wrong plane. This doesn't excuse the behavior but I am matured and travelled enough to see things from different perspectives.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 14, 2014
naijamustsweet:
If you go to buy a ticket for Kano but issued ticket reading Kaduna and you allow yourself to be convinced that it is the same thing, then you are not yet matured for air travel.
Petitioner mentioned that the error was observed before leaving but because they lacked the patience for the return of Nzan who stepped out, this is the result.
Also for those who continually deride their govt and country on social media be prepared to receive more of such treatments if we do not change our ways.
You have said it all,coupled with ur moniker. cheesy
naijamustsweet:
If you go to buy a ticket for Kano but issued ticket reading Kaduna and you allow yourself to be convinced that it is the same thing, then you are not yet matured for air travel.
Petitioner mentioned that the error was observed before leaving but because they lacked the patience for the return of Nzan who stepped out, this is the result.
Also for those who continually deride their govt and country on social media be prepared to receive more of such treatments if we do not change our ways.
You have said it all,coupled with ur moniker.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by cautious: 8:22am On Sep 14, 2014
aaidel:

It's the other way round. A visa doesn't guarantee you entry and it is the prerogative of the immigration to allow you into the country. He wasn't issued a visa. Except there are no legitimate reasons to be visiting, an American citizen cannot be turned away from a Spanish airport. That is normal procedure (based on agreements between both countries) and not a celebrated case like your friend makes it seem.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by cautious: 8:30am On Sep 14, 2014
CityNG:

Don't mind them ojare grin

The issue at hand wasn't if I had a visa or allowed entry (same thing), the issue was that I went into Madrid to eat but someone else with a Nigerian passport wasn't allowed to do that. And I only brought it up to show how far our national integrity has fallen.

I now fully understand that some Nairalanders are juvenile delinquents.

I don't know what planet you are dude but I don't know how you expect a Nigerian passport holder to be allowed entry into Spain without a EU visa, in this day and age. Yes, we lost our respect over the years but that's not news. I think you made your point that you have an American passport and you even showed us the evidence. That was the crux of your message even though you tried to conceal it by feigning ignorance. For the records, it is normal procedure that you were allowed into Spain as an American citizen without a visa.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2014
cautious:

It's the other way round. A visa doesn't guarantee you entry and it is the prerogative of the immigration to allow you into the country. He wasn't issued a visa. Except there are no legitimate reasons to be visiting, an American citizen cannot be turned away from a Spanish airport. That is normal procedure (based on agreements between both countries) and not a celebrated case like your friend makes it seem.

Just as I thought, your angst is with Americans. This was never about America or celebration (only someone with deep anti US sentiments will harbor that), the issue was that a fellow traveller was denied entry solely because he was holding a Nigerian passport.

I will continue to thwart your idiotic attempts no matter how much you try to hide your thinly veiled angst grin

Good luck feeding that monkey on your back grin
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2014
DaBullIT:

Singing Fela ,

He go hungry , He go sweat, He go Tire , You no wan be gentle man at alllllllll

ha ha ha , end contract koor , finish contract ni , You no fit , i dare you he he he lolest , lwkmd
But I just did!
If my wife were to be an Egyptian, I'd find a way to punish her for this! Tearing a Nigerian passport is same as burning our flag.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 14, 2014
cautious:

1) I don't know what planet you are dude but

2)I don't know how you expect a Nigerian passport holder to be allowed entry into Spain without a EU visa, in this day and age.

3) Yes, we lost our respect over the years but that's not news.

4) I think you made your point that you have an American passport and you even showed us the evidence.

5) That was the crux of your message even though you tried to conceal it by feigning ignorance.

6) For the records, it is normal procedure that you were allowed into Spain as an American citizen without a visa.

1) I'm on Mars. In fact I am using an intergalactic internet portal to communicate with you right now - idiota.

2) By being a medical Doctor, employed by a top institution and holding a US green card (who in their right mind will run away from the US to Spain) is why. Listen, I know you have a problem with others who don;t share your bent position but I have no requirement to agree with your faulty position.

3) YAwwnnn...yes we know that which was why this poor boy was allegedly treated the way he was treated. Do you still remember what the thread is about?

4) You want to celebrate knocking down an American, well go ahead. You asked me to educate you and I did. Why get all butthurt on it?

5) Nope, that was what your infected brain wants to think. The crux of my message was to show how we have fallen as a nation gradually over the years. Just because you have an agenda or an ulterior motive does;t mean I'm going to give you a pass. I'll ride you on this until you get tired and falter.

6) You have nothing to educate me on. Many Americans are documented to be turned back at many countries including Spain. Try to expand your consciousness.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Pasca07: 8:45am On Sep 14, 2014
all4naija: What did I just read about here? Are these posts coming from sane human beings or what? There is no need of having physical fight over this. Only the primitive people would do that. Almighty United States won't have a physical fight over this. There is away to make them pay dearly for their arrogant and wicked treatment of the 17 years old boy. That is through the law of the land of Nigeria. This case involves two grave crimes. One against an underage and the second one the gravest involved tearing the Nigerian passport by immigration officer. Indeed, tearing the Nigerian passport is enough to have the Egyptian airline suspended from the country for years. That is an abomination to any government. Even a citizen doing that in public is an abomination not to make mentioned of Arab dirty bottom. Jeez! What is going on? I don't know what is wrong with the Nigerian government. This is not about sentiment or being good, this is about stepping on the national government toe and it must be taken seriously, excepting their are Nigerians in high position given this Egyptians power in the country. Believe me, it is time to stop some diplomatic ties with that country.

I have been warning Nigerians about their love for Arab countries in this forum. I have traveled the length and breadth of many Arab countries(middle east and North Africa) and their culture looks down on Africans. The earlier many Nigerians realize that there is need to cut down on going to those countries for tourism, wedding,etc the better for them. I don't think Arab people have anything very wonderful to offer Nigerians. They will give you bread and cut out a pound of flesh from your body. The government of Nigeria should do something.

The Northern elites of Nigeria are to blame for adoring these desert warriors and giving them room to behave as though they are lords. Those who say good thing about Arabs in this forum don't know what they are capable of. The needs to stop relationship with them and concentrate on moving with the west is very necessary. The west understand what is called human rights, even when you are wrong they will take a civilized way to get you to where you belong. I don't understand why people have to continuously compliment Arabs in this forum. Anybody who does that again here should be banned.
lovely write up from u,if u visit all their companies in naija u will be shocked on how they are enslaving nigerians in their own soil.....for your information majority of our leaders are aware of all this assaults but due to their non-challant attitude,it gives the arabs and lebaness power to do what they like in naija.....

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 14, 2014
lawanson44: JOSHUA KUNLE ABDUL-AZEEZ

Why did he ignore OAU and other "well equiped" universities and polythecnics in the South-Waste to go all the way to ukraine?

Story for the gods
this one don pass story for the gods o,we need actions by the gods
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by aaidel(m): 8:52am On Sep 14, 2014
CityNG:

Yep.

I find it credible that the Egypt Air personel could just not believe that someone would be as dense as to purchase the wrong ticket, get the wrong boarding pass and board the wrong plane. This doesn't excuse the behavior but I am matured and travelled enough to see things from different perspectives.

surely having got to moldova you will have a hard time convincing anyone that wasn't your intended destination as the flight would have to be announced, calls for boarding made and even the pilot would have announced before taking off and it would have been on the screens on the plane not to mention the customs and immigration cards given for entry, this isn't even a case of same city names different countries. once you have missed all those cues it makes your story all the more unbelievable that the ticketing agent sold you a wrong ticket. one other thing bothering me is how the lady that asked for his visa at istanbul did not pick up the error because there is no way i can present to board a flight to moldova with a ukrainian visa but these are all things for lawyers to figure out but knowing the average nigerians laid back attitude i doubt this will ever go further than a story that touches the heart

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by aaidel(m): 8:56am On Sep 14, 2014
cautious:

any citizen can be turned back from any country guess you didn't hear the case of the man turned back from dubai and asked never to return again and some countries despite these agreements require pre approval before traveling which is basically same thing a visa is

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Kompressor: 8:59am On Sep 14, 2014
all4naija: What did I just read about here? Are these posts coming from sane human beings or what? There is no need of having physical fight over this. Only the primitive people would do that. Almighty United States won't have a physical fight over this. There is away to make them pay dearly for their arrogant and wicked treatment of the 17 years old boy. That is through the law of the land of Nigeria. This case involves two grave crimes. One against an underage and the second one the gravest involved tearing the Nigerian passport by immigration officer. Indeed, tearing the Nigerian passport is enough to have the Egyptian airline suspended from the country for years. That is an abomination to any government. Even a citizen doing that in public is an abomination not to make mentioned of Arab dirty bottom. Jeez! What is going on? I don't know what is wrong with the Nigerian government. This is not about sentiment or being good, this is about stepping on the national government toe and it must be taken seriously, excepting their are Nigerians in high position given this Egyptians power in the country. Believe me, it is time to stop some diplomatic ties with that country.

I have been warning Nigerians about their love for Arab countries in this forum. I have traveled the length and breadth of many Arab countries(middle east and North Africa) and their culture looks down on Africans. The earlier many Nigerians realize that there is need to cut down on going to those countries for tourism, wedding,etc the better for them. I don't think Arab people have anything very wonderful to offer Nigerians. They will give you bread and cut out a pound of flesh from your body. The government of Nigeria should do something.

The Northern elites of Nigeria are to blame for adoring these desert warriors and giving them room to behave as though they are lords. Those who say good thing about Arabs in this forum don't know what they are capable of. The needs to stop relationship with them and concentrate on moving with the west is very necessary. The west understand what is called human rights, even when you are wrong they will take a civilized way to get you to where you belong. I don't understand why people have to continuously compliment Arabs in this forum. Anybody who does that again here should be banned.

God bless you
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by kaima1984(f): 9:01am On Sep 14, 2014
Funpeter: Serious, all this africa country are taken us for granted. This issue should not be swept under the carpet, let it be a lesson to other country's that,Nigeria don't take a shit.......
yet we kept on answering d giant of Africa ( giant my foot)
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by kaima1984(f): 9:04am On Sep 14, 2014
kaka22: What a terrible experience! Kudos to his uncle for planning to sue them. Sue them for all they have... Tearing Nigerian passport is an insult on all Nigerians and this should be taken seriously by Nigerian government and the airline should be severely punished...
sweetie u believe his passport ws tore?
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by kaima1984(f): 9:08am On Sep 14, 2014
nuttyhnic:

I would not, I would not!!!
Entire Bu11sh1t.

Will they treat an European, American or even someone from Cuba or chile like that?

If I were to be that 17 year old, that Egyptian airline staff that came to meet me at Lagos airport and talked rudely to my mother, I would have showed him in 1mins how I was treated in his country for days. angry
exactly,that is where age n guts comes in,wat do u expect from a 17 year old mum's boy?who barely kw nothing apart from reading n playing his PS game?street wise is very important

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 14, 2014
aaidel:

any citizen can be turned back from any country guess you didn't hear the case of the man turned back from dubai and asked never to return again and some countries despite these agreements require pre approval before traveling which is basically same thing a visa is

Absolutely.

The UK requires any American that has a criminal record to apply for a visa as they will most certainly be sent back based on the severity of their crimes.

For the USA, as a Briton (who traditionally doesn't need visa to enter the US) if you've ever been denied entry on ESTA (basically showing up at a US border without a visa and asking to be poarolled into the US) then you can never use ESTA again and must always apply for a visa.

So this idiotic idea that he has that you can just show up at a border and be admitted just because you;r san American is ludicrous.

It just shows that he is not a savvy traveller.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 14, 2014
kaima1984: exactly,that is where age n guts comes in,wat do u expect from a 17 year old mum's boy?who barely kw nothing apart from reading n playing his PS game?street wise is very important

I didn't want to say this earlier so that people don;t add "unsymphatetic" to my descriptions amongst others that I have earned.

Seriously 17 years old is a grown adult and not an infant.

This is not his first time traveling and I just cannot believe how he was hoodwinked by taking the wrong ticket.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 14, 2014
kaima1984: sweetie u believe his passport ws tore?

I did an experiment and tried to tear an old passport and unless you used a knife or scissors I don't see who you can do it with your bear hands.

Maybe those Egyptians have massive arms grin

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by aaidel(m): 9:20am On Sep 14, 2014
CityNG:

Absolutely.

The UK requires any American that has a criminal record to apply for a visa as they will most certainly be sent back based on the severity of their crimes.

For the USA, as a Briton (who traditionally doesn't need visa to enter the US) if you've ever been denied entry on ESTA (basically showing up at a US border without a visa and asking to be poarolled into the US) then you can never use ESTA again and must always apply for a visa.

So this idiotic idea that he has that you can just show up at a border and be admitted just because you;r san American is ludicrous.

we all live and learn good thing he's not learning from experience.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by aaidel(m): 9:28am On Sep 14, 2014
CityNG:

Absolutely.

cautious googling that might save us all further exchanges most countries have such systems in place even tiny carribean islands require a permit which is usually paid for by the airline when you book your flight so you are not just showing up contrary to what some might believe
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 14, 2014
aaidel:

cautious googling that might save us all further exchanges most countries have such systems in place even tiny carribean islands require a permit which is usually paid for by the airline when you book your flight so you are not just showing up contrary to what some might believe

Nope not true perhaps you need to expand your education beyond Googling.

Why do you have an adverse reaction to people that have first hand experience as opposed to Googling?

Prior to boarding, the airline scans your passport and send it ahead to the final destination (at least US or UK) so that they can figure out if you're awaited person or a threat to national security or in the case of the US if you're on the no fly list. The immigration services will still interview you before entry so it's serving two distinct processes.

Just as an example, "I" just showed up in Madrid immigration, they were not "expecting me nor were prepared for me". I was originally simply a passenger headed to LAX to the airline. So tell me how would the airline know that I would decide to go to Madrid for breakfast ahead of time?
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by mikk3448(m): 9:38am On Sep 14, 2014
Stupid egyptians!dats y they ve refuse grow after many years of existence;because of wickednes n hypocricy dey remain d most stagnant country eva..God forsaken futureless country

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% / Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* / FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.