Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,393 members, 7,950,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 12:45 AM

Things I Love About Nigeria.. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things I Love About Nigeria.. (2607 Views)

Things You Love About Nairaland. / 10 Things I Hate About You. / What Do You Love About Nairalanders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things I Love About Nigeria.. by SpcAgtOko: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
Nigeria gets a lot of bad attention… so I am here to tell you things I love about Nigeria

Networks: I love how their network constantly craps out. Go to send a message? Network goes off. Go to make a phone call? Network goes off. It’s a lovely thing.

Power Supply: Just like the networks, the power supply is awesome too. As soon as you are in the middle of making a Skype call at 2am the power goes out. Battery on your phone dead? No problem! You can charge it as soon as NEPA PHCN brings the light.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-b3mLocmbwlk/TjY_rQw54VI/AAAAAAAAAjE/dIKL6RxItbU/s1600/u.png[/img]

Corruption: Have you ever dealt with a corrupt official? If not, go to Nigeria. Get pulled over by the police? No problem, just give them 500 naira and you will be on your way in no time.

Cost of Data: $1 per 10 mb? No problem! That’s like paying $1 for every 3 full resolution pictures you view.

419: As if ehn… If you thought Nigerians only scammed those outside of Nigeria you are wrong. Nothing is off limits when it comes to 419.

[img]http://tctechcrunch2011.files./2011/05/2011_nigeria_day_02_031_web.jpg[/img]

*Just kidding, Nigeria is awesome.

5 Likes

Re: Things I Love About Nigeria.. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
smiley Nigeria is alright and the points uve highlighted are what makes us a uniquely successful country.

It is great being a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Love About Nigeria.. by Coldfeet(f): 7:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
Abeg who wan buy that house sef?undecided

1 Like

Re: Things I Love About Nigeria.. by KillerBeauty(f): 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
God bless Nigeria and no place else
Re: Things I Love About Nigeria.. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
Coldfeet: Abeg who wan buy that house sef?undecided
u know about the dark side of d moon! grin fascinating. Tell me about the mares of the moon.
Re: Things I Love About Nigeria.. by Coldfeet(f): 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
Silkmoth33: u know about the dark side of d moon! grin fascinating. Tell me about the mares of the moon.
It won't be a mystery anymore if I tell you would it? wink
Re: Things I Love About Nigeria.. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
Coldfeet: It won't be a mystery anymore if I tell you would it? wink
wink funny!

U didn't understand my question. Read it again.
Re: Things I Love About Nigeria.. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
mrs op when did you start living in nigeria
Re: Things I Love About Nigeria.. by Caracta(f): 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
Rubbish!

Myopic thinkers. Have you visited all states in Nigeria? Yes we are not there yet but we appreciate little progress here and there.

I don't experience constant power failure in my area and network services usually have ups and downs...weather, distance and maintenance factors.

As for corruption, Nigeria isn't the only corrupt nation. Not been the worst.

I don't blame you though. Our leaders have filled your mouth with words with their unprofessional practices. Now every foreigner is taking a chunk out of us.

Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Things I Love About Nigeria.. by okotv(m): 10:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
hmmmmm.....it is well
Re: Things I Love About Nigeria.. by SpcAgtOko: 12:49am On Sep 15, 2014
Caracta: Rubbish!

Myopic thinkers. Have you visited all states in Nigeria? Yes we are not there yet [b]but we appreciate little progress [/b]here and there.

I don't experience constant power failure in my area and network services usually have ups and downs...weather, distance and maintenance factors.

As for corruption, Nigeria isn't the only corrupt nation. Not been the worst.

I don't blame you though. Our leaders have filled your mouth with words with their unprofessional practices. Now every foreigner is taking a chunk out of us.

Rubbish!

@Bolded My whole point.. Appreciation. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Things I Love About Nigeria.. by realtem(m): 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2014
SpcAgtOko: Nigeria gets a lot of bad attention… so I am here to tell you things I love about Nigeria

Networks: I love how their network constantly craps out. Go to send a message? Network goes off. Go to make a phone call? Network goes off. It’s a lovely thing.

Power Supply: Just like the networks, the power supply is awesome too. As soon as you are in the middle of making a Skype call at 2am the power goes out. Battery on your phone dead? No problem! You can charge it as soon as NEPA PHCN brings the light.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-b3mLocmbwlk/TjY_rQw54VI/AAAAAAAAAjE/dIKL6RxItbU/s1600/u.png[/img]

Corruption: Have you ever dealt with a corrupt official? If not, go to Nigeria. Get pulled over by the police? No problem, just give them 500 naira and you will be on your way in no time.

Cost of Data: $1 per 10 mb? No problem! That’s like paying $1 for every 3 full resolution pictures you view.

419: As if ehn… If you thought Nigerians only scammed those outside of Nigeria you are wrong. Nothing is off limits when it comes to 419.

[img]http://tctechcrunch2011.files./2011/05/2011_nigeria_day_02_031_web.jpg[/img]

*Just kidding, Nigeria is awesome.
@bolded shey na sambisa forest you dey live?

(1) (Reply)

Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland / (photo) What Will Ypu Do? / When You Post Something, And It starts An Argument In Your Comments.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.