Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,811 members, 7,872,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:03 PM

How Do You Handle Household Chores? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle Household Chores? (18197 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Acidosis(m): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
fpeter: , your house is beautiful..Thank God you are in the white man's land but
Be grateful to God for that opportunity, don't make others feel bad because they live
in Nigeria
...Not everyone is suffering in Nigeria u know? Not everyone does the harsh
chores that would make them wrinkle or look worn out,people are more educated and
enlightened now and more homes are beginning to acquire certain gadgets to do their
chores.

Lol

Have you asked the young woman why she keep venting her hatred on Nairaland, Nigeria?

Many people actually prefer Nigeria to any other country you can think of..

Those building houses worth millions in Nigeria are not f00ls. The woman is just a stark illiterate who narrowly escaped penury via marriage to a yankee based dude.

We know their type cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by chronique(m): 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
I work monday - saturday and usually get home at night. As a result of that,I do my cleaning on sundays. Sometimes,I postpone it to the next week(when I'm very occupied). But boxers and singlets,must be washed every weekend. Can't allow that accumulate.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by mirexxx(f): 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
djeezy: lazyyy angry
lol
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by femi4: 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
Kanwulia: CHAI!!!!
Walmart don chop my money finish!!!!! grin

Bottom line. . .
IF YOU LIVE LIKE A PIG. . . YOU WILL ALWAYS ACT LIKE A PIG.
Find the time to HUMANIZE YOURSELF! kiss
I love the white man's land. . . BEHOLD AMERICA THE MOST BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Yesssssssssoh!
I clean by myself and still look BEAUTIFUL with AJEBUTTER NAILS! wink
Try this in NIGERIA OR AFRICA. . . YOU WILL AGE AND WRINKLE FASTER THAN YOUR GREAT-GRAND PARENTS! cheesy
Hard life. . . no water. . . no electricity.
GENERATOR FUMES AND BOREHOLE RINGWORM INFESTED WATER SUPPLY.
Ta! cry
We don't need your type here!

Anyway, your resting place will be Naija when the time comes

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by sayoberry(f): 2:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
smiley
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Heart2heart(m): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
she didn't know that a lot of us ball into that white man country for vacation and business deals more than twice a month and 24times a year. check the flight costs. She thinks living in Nigeria literally means one is broke and living below bread-line. sojourning in another man's land is no accomplishment..
fpeter: @Kanwulia, your house is beautiful..Thank God you are in the white man's land but
Be grateful to God for that opportunity, don't make others feel bad because they live
in Nigeria...Not everyone is suffering in Nigeria u know? Not everyone does the harsh
chores that would make them wrinkle or look worn out,people are more educated and
enlightened now and more homes are beginning to acquire certain gadgets to do their
chores.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
kay29000:

Well, it can be learned. If you force yourself to do something for 21 days, it will become a part of you.

Only 21 days? Really?
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by kay29000(m): 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Only 21 days? Really?

Yea...Psycologists have found out it takes 21 days to get a new habit...and this is a habit.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
kay29000:

Yea...Psycologists have found out it takes 21 days to get a new habit...and this is a habit.

Cool, thank you a lot. I will try this one out. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
lol u neeed to madam is not eaxy!
grin grin grin

amakajoe: I always clean my ouz coS ave got lil Michele who always disorganize things for me

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by rezzy: 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
As i write now, im lying on my bed that is not well arranged. I hate laying my bed, its headache to me. My husband keeps complaining. Everywhere scatter scatter. All the wardrobe scatter, clothes hanging on all the wardrobe doors, clothes on the chair, box open. Just too lazy to arrange but my husby helps me every saturday.

But my living room and kitchen is neat sake of sake visitors ooo.

My toilet and bathroom is also very neat, i cant afford to treat infection.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by kay29000(m): 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Cool, thank you a lot. I will try this one out. cheesy cheesy cheesy

You are welcome. Just note that u have to do it continuously for the 21 days...you have to make it a conscious effort until it becomes an unconscious act.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
kay29000:

You are welcome. Just note that u have to do it continuously for the 21 days...you have to make it a conscious effort until it becomes an unconscious act.

THANK YOU. cheesy
This is very interesting and may be very useful. wink

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
rezzy: As i write now, im lying on my bed that is not well arranged. I hate laying my bed, its headache to me. My husband keeps complaining. Everywhere scatter scatter. All the wardrobe scatter, clothes hanging on all the wardrobe doors, clothes on the chair, box open. Just too lazy to arrange but my husby helps me every saturday.

But my living room and kitchen is neat sake of sake visitors ooo.

My toilet and bathroom is also very neat, i cant afford to treat infection.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by GoodFaith: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
Gaggi: My wife is clean but scattered. I've had to teach her the importance of a tidy place. If it's clean but untidy then it's still going to look messy.
I still pick up shoes and clothes and put in the right places but things have have greatly improved.
I go as far as lecturing any visitor that my sitting room must always be perfectly spotless and tidy. I'm a tidy freak but I'm beginning to relax because of the kid. Sometimes u just have to let them play. One can't keep yelling every second. Allow them do their thing then clean up afterwards.
THAT WAS NICE THAT SHE WAS WILLING TO LEARN
ASK SOME PEOPLE HERE NASTY B?
THEY WILL NOT LEARN TILL U ADD ALL TOGETHER AND
U SAY SHE IS NOT WORTH IT
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
Kanwulia: I love a neat/clean home!
You just do the best you can!
You don't have to be NEUROTIC about it! kiss

I prefer TIDY AND CLUTTER-FREE! cool

I clean my house myself. . . . no cleaner can clean it the way I want o! cool
After ABUSING them once for $300 per cleaning session, they never come back! grin

*tufiakwa to London homes o*

$300...Na mansion dem dey help Una clean?.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by marieolae(f): 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
Kanwulia thankyou so much for your pictures. A very beautiful and clean home u have.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
By doing d normal tinz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Kanwulia: 9:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
Heart2heart: she didn't know that a lot of us ball into that white man country for vacation and business deals more than twice a month and 24times a year. check the flight costs. She thinks living in Nigeria literally means one is broke and living below bread-line. sojourning in another man's land is no accomplishment..

I don't mean any of what stated up there!
I only tried to state that you can NEVER compare the QUALITY of life in a CIVILIZED part of ANY world. . . . to that of ANY part of the UNCIVILIZED, sub-human kingdom of BLACK "TIWA SAVAGES"! wink

When "THE PIG WEARS PRADA". . . . .it only becomes a A DESIGNER PIG!

That is my point! kiss

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
The cleaners come in monday and thursday to do the spring cleaning, i have to clean up on the other days
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by GoodFaith: 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
glitest:

If u can keep $100,000.00 clean
U can keep a $1,000,000.00 clean
It is not about the cost of the house
If u nasty in a room
U will be nasty in 6 rooms housw
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Kanwulia: 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
femi4: We don't need your type here!
Anyway, your resting place will be Naija when the time comes

Hmmmm! Did I hurt you or your ego. . . or BOTH? cheesy

marieolae: Kanwulia thankyou so much for your pictures. A very beautiful and clean home u have.

Thanks. kiss

glitest:

You have no idea 'how I clean'. . . .
You can't clean a mansion for $300 dollars ANY WHERE in THE U.S.A. . . .It takes 8 hours to clean my home the way I want it oooooooo.
YOU WILL MOVE EVERYTHING FROM IT'S PLACE. . . AND CLEAN ALL BASE BOARDS!!!! I mean from TOP TO BOTTOM. . .every six months!kiss
That is a 'cheap' price.
Goes to show you have never been inside a real mansion. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXRhZa23JkA

Behold Nigerian 'MONKEY BANANA MANSION' wey be like ALCATRAZ!!!! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1hcFVpde3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdvHvtAH-s8

Maybe you mean by 'Nigerian standards' AKPRUKA mansions with constant generator fumes and borehole pestilences?. . . . . grin
Don't you always get a kick out of those 'black and white' stripes on the road. . . to show COLONIAL MENTALITY STATUS? cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-a48vlkutM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KBVSay8RY0
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Kanwulia: 10:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
Calculux95: @kanwulia, Whoaaa, maybe the part of nigeria you stayed was messed up, but not every one in nigeria lives a stressful life, a life of comfort depends on your background and wealth... P.s did your house get attacked by an angry zebra grin

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Any part of Nigeria I live in. . .EVEN WITH ALL THE MONEY. . . I cannot live like the 'church rat' I live in PEACE. . . IN MY BLESSED U.S.A!!!!
A huge zebra attacked me in my home. . . and I SKINNED IT ALIVE! grin
Mu che che che che che che che

Na im dey reign now oooooooooo!!!!! Get with the new age darling! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSMEVriJQzA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoUWXU7xPsE
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Kanwulia: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
bestestgirl:

So na you be this? grin grin grin Chai! your house make sense die!!
One question tho.... were you a zebra in your former life?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
abeg na joke o! no come finish me for here

Hmmmmmm!
Na so una bush for Naija? grin

YOU NEVER HEARD OF THE HOT PINK ZEBRA in this day and age? cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trr4B2dOUlM
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Kanwulia: 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
fpeter: @Kanwulia, your house is beautiful..Thank God you are in the white man's land but
in Nigeria...Not everyone is suffering in Nigeria u know? Not everyone does the harsh
chores.

This has nothing to do with suffering.
THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN HAS A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THE SIMPLE CONCEPT OF 'MAINTENANCE'!
A.K.A. . . .NO TASTE!
Even the wealthiest human alive in Nigeria DOES NOT HAVE THE STAMINA OF CONTINUITY OR THE BASIC CONCEPT OF MAINTAINING A SENSE OF TASTEFUL LIVING.

Talk about MONEY MISS BOTH ROAD AND RIVER grin . . .

Everything is subject to 'FAKE WEALTH'. . . .

In the USA. . . you can NEVER TELL WHO IS WEALTHY OR NOT.
It does not cost much to MAINTAIN A STANDARD OF LIVING OF YOUR CHOICE!
Period! kiss

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Kanwulia: 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
MzMariah: When I was growing up mum made sure we do chores everyday. Back in my secondary school days She would wake my siblings and i up at 5am and we do our chores before leaving for schcrib. I grew up with that as part of me so I do my chores everyday and very early too. I wake at 5, do my clean up and bath latest by 7.

Apart from the usual Saturday big clean up I do my chores daily that even on the Saturday big clean up, washing the cottons might be the only big job for me to do.

Kanwulia nice crib, I love your kitchen.

Thanks! kiss

Another kitchen in my home. . . and living room. . . .(not all zebraaaaaaz! cheesy)

CLEANING IT MYSELF OF COURSE! cool

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Kanwulia: 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
3cycle: Kanwulia you are too young and beautiful to have soo much hate for your country and God shocked
Nice crib btw

Thanks! cool
Sorry, I can't help the hatred.
It has always been justified!
Till then. . . . . grin

fpeter:

please tell her o...she spews too much hatred and vile words,very negative stuff about Nigeria

Hmmmmmmm

Are the 'negative stuff' justified or not? undecided
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Kanwulia: 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
Henrypraise:

See as u hijack d tread from d person wen start. U be hijacker?

As usual na. . . . . grin
It come naturally.
Especially, if you have more to ENHANCE/ELABORATE on what the OP has offered than 'OTHERS'!
The simple laws of demand and supply. . . PURE ECONOMICS AT WORK! wink

Na my fault? wink Some of us have REAL LIVES outside NL oooooooo. . . .I am always tempted to show it! cool
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by angiemartinez(f): 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
Now I see where this animalistic behaviour is coming from.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Kanwulia: 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
ideology: Cleaning is cool but Stressful when with lots of work load at once.

PS: Kanwulia, do you work from your home?
seems you spend more time at home.

You mean 'spend more time on NL'? wink
If I worked from home. . . I think I will worse than a DEAD EBOLA VICTIM! grin

No. . . I only go home to SLEEP AND RELAX!
I prefer to work outside the home. . .
Tufiakwa to 'housewife' life!
I can never do that! kiss

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Kanwulia: 10:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
angiemartinez: Now I see where this animalistic behaviour is coming from.

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

All things 'wild and wonderful'. . . YOUR DANE GOD made them all!
Including the HOLY GHOST BLOKOS or SATAN he/she cannot control! kiss
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Kanwulia: 11:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
Vivly: This is officially Kanwulia's thread.
Your face really looks gentle.

Of course I am very gentle. . .UNTIL I ENCOUNTER ANIMALS! kiss

If your body na wire. . . I GO BE YA SUPPLIER!
JUST ELE FOR ME! wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wGdJqWoqXc

*Psssst. . . I took this picture in EMMA NYRA'S PARENTS' HOME IN E.P. . . . TEXAS! I was there when she was born* wink
E don tey wey we dey ELELE ooooooh!
NEAT HOUSES ALL THE WAY! cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? / Five Ways To Teach Your Kids Table Manners / Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.