Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,319 members, 7,881,172 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:47 PM

2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year (8063 Views)

Hillary Clinton To Launch Presidential Bid In April / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London / Hillary Clinton Caught Dancing & Drinking At Cuban Bar In Colombia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 14, 2014
GO HILARY.THE US NEEDS A FEMALE PRESIDO cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by ceabeem: 7:17am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 14, 2014
Fun facts:

-The Massachusetts US Senatorial campaign of 2012 was the most expensive in American history. Candidates spent $82 million.
However, it could be displaced by the 2014 Kentucky Senate race, where both Alison Lundergan Grimes (D), and Mitch McConnell (R) who is also the US Senate's Minority Leader; are projected to spend at least $100 million.

Meg Whitman, the Republican loser in the 2010 California guber election, spent a record $141 million of her own money during the campaigns.
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 14, 2014
bestestgirl: The temptation to make history by being the first female president will be too strong for her to resist. She will definitely run
For her life or from what? grin
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by vowiski(m): 7:57am On Sep 14, 2014
No way the Americans will allow Democrats rule for another 4-years... I see Sarah Palin emerging as the first female US president.. Too Bad, Hillary couldn't make that history, but she will definitely witness it..
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 14, 2014
vowiski: No way the Americans will allow Democrats rule for another 4-years... I see Sarah Palin emerging as the first female US president.. Too Bad, Hillary couldn't make that history, but she will definitely witness it..
grin grin grin grin grin grin @ bolded
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by ojsmscom(m): 9:22am On Sep 14, 2014
CFCfan: Hillary Rodham Clinton has said she won't make a decision about a 2016 presidential bid before the end of the year, and on Friday, she stuck to that timeline, saying she'll decide whether to run around the beginning of next year.

The former U.S. secretary of state, senator and first lady said her background gives her a "unique vantage point" to bring to the White House should she run in 2016.

"I do have a unique vantage point and set of experiences about what makes the United States operate well and what doesn't and what a president can do and should be doing," she said. "So I am going to be making a decision around, probably after the first of the year, about whether I'm going to run again or not."

Clinton first ran for president in 2008, but she was defeated in the Democratic primary by then-Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.

She was asked about her intentions for the next presidential cycle Friday at an event in Mexico City honoring thousands of scholarship students supported by the Telmex Foundation, one of several charitable organizations under the umbrella of Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim.

Clinton would only speak "hypothetically" about a possible presidential bid. She added she would have to have a clear vision of what she wants to achieve, and as well as how she would lead politically to realize that vision.

"I think the most important question anybody should ask who's thinking about it is not whether you're going to run or whether you're going to win -- it is what's your vision for the country and can you lead us there?" she explained. "And I will have to be convinced that I have a very clear vision with an agenda of what I think needs to be done, and that I have the experience and know-how to lead -- not just those who agree with me, but those who disagree with me, to try to achieve those goals. It's a very serious undertaking, so obviously I'm thinking about it, but I have not made a decision yet."

Polls have shown Clinton all but running away with the Democratic nomination and performing strongly against most of her GOP challengers, though her lead in general election polls has recently diminished, according to some surveys.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-ill-decide-on-2016-presidential-bid-early-next-year/
use ur brain madam clinton

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by deeobserver209(m): 9:50am On Sep 14, 2014
Hillary Clinton would make a good candidate but I don't see her wining the US Presidential elections in 2016. There are more bigger sharks.
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Afritelly: 9:50am On Sep 14, 2014
If she becomes the president of USA, then the whole world will be in the midst of wars.

You supports of Hillary should go back and read or listen to what she has been saying in the past about Mid East, Boko Haram, Obama etc.

Beware of WAR ahead!

1 Like

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 14, 2014
BekeeBuAgbara: She might win the democratic primary. But the main election? I doubt, I foresee Chris Christie occupying the white house in 2017 despite George Washington bridge lane closure scandal

You're delusional. I sat through that traffic that day. If curses were real he would have dropped dead that day. FIVE Hours. For a 40 minute commute. A woman DIED because the paramedics could not get to her in time. Meanwhile that fat clown flew over the whole thing in a helicopter. Americans don't have short memories.

1 Like

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 14, 2014
vowiski: No way the Americans will allow Democrats rule for another 4-years... I see Sarah Palin emerging as the first female US president.. Too Bad, Hillary couldn't make that history, but she will definitely witness it..

Thanks for speaking for us, but we're very pleased with the Democrats. Our deficit has been lightened by billions of dollars and the job market has surged. The economy is the best it has been in years. You don't have a clue what you're taking about.

Sarah Palin has been relegated to daytime television. She is the main reason why the Republicans lost. She's utterly unintelligent, and no amount of coaching could disguise that fact.

Last point: In America, no one "rules". They govern.

3 Likes

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Emmalot121(m): 10:31am On Sep 14, 2014
Holudamsel: A woman aiming at becoming world president

IT IS WELL... grin
Hilary is one woman I tag 'ultimate feminist politician'.To me,her husband's sex scandal,invasion of Iraq,mistakes made as senator is enough to make people vote for competence rather than sentiment.
We all know how Putin is giving Obama and Poroshenko sleepless nights over Donetsk(largest city in Ukraine) when he could easily have used his powerful media to dissociate Russia from the crisis,and launch a fierce attack on the rebels,in which the backlash Putin will face at home,coupled with the loss of fighters and tanks will make Russia pull out and rebels exterminated but the FOOL chose to rely on satellite images(which Russia called images from video games grin ) and mighty economic sanctions.
Just yesterday,some trucks in the name of 'aids' entered into Ukraine,coupled with the fight over Donetsk airport is threatening the peace truce.It is better to put that the former Soviet Union has succeeded expanding their boarders and has been alleged to be testing missiles and upgrading nuclear facilities in preparation for WWIII . If this does not cause huge war between both, Russia and Assad(Syrian dictator) has warned the US of carrying out attacks in Syria(ISIS),without collaborating with Assad(hated by America).
This shows,its not bad having ladies in power(Councillor of Germany and 'to be' president of Brazil), but having people like Hilary on sentiment basis is disastrous,not only for America but our world

2 Likes

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by bamto(m): 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
tron23: Without mixing words, I do believe that she is qualified for the job.
1) She is intelligent.
2) Experienced,
a) wife of former President (8years)
b) Senator (8 years)
c) Secretary of State (4 years)

Besides, she is politically sound, and I do believe its her time, especially as we have had our first black President.

But you ended up mixing words undecided grin

Replace 'mixing' with 'mincing'. Thank me later cool

1 Like

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Abraham2013(m): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
tron23: Without mixing words, I do believe that she is qualified for the job.
1) She is intelligent.
2) Experienced,
a) wife of former President (8years)
b) Senator (8 years)
c) Secretary of State (4 years)

Besides, she is politically sound, and I do believe its her time, especially as we have had our first black President.
Nice stats, she is really experienced. However I wonder wat nigerians will say if PEJ decides to run 4 senate after her husband must hav left office?

2 Likes

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nonybb: 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
It means that Lesbianism and most incredible immoral conducts will be legalized and foisted on the outside world
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by adisa204(m): 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
oya Hilary just hire oliver pope and her gladiators then trust me u re in
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Litmus: 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
If this women became president of America Nigeria will suffer.
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
deeobserver209: Hillary Clinton would make a good candidate but I don't see her wining the US Presidential elections in 2016. There are more bigger sharks.
She is beating her Republican opponents in hypothetical general election match-ups by at least 7% points.
The best Repub nominees seem to be either Senator Rand Paul and Jeb Bush.
Chris Christie would have been a formidable opponent, but last year's bridge scandal puts a massive dent on his bid.

2 Likes

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by 100Cents: 9:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
Assuming she contests, how much enters my pocket ?
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by haroon313: 10:59am On Sep 15, 2014
Is it real or fake?
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Sweetlemon(f): 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
The bitter truth is that I am not sure America is yet ready for a female president. Don't forget that ruling America is like ruling the world. The last time I checked, men are still very much on top of this.

@CFCfan, forget about polls, when the time for business comes, you will know what's up.

Maybe in the next 20 smth years, but for now. Chances are too slim.
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sweetlemon: The bitter truth is that I am not sure America is yet ready for a female president. Don't forget that ruling America is like ruling the world. The last time I checked, men are still very much on top of this.

@CFCfan, forget about polls, when the time for business comes, you will know what's up.

Maybe in the next 20 smth years, but for now. Chances are too slim.
Hillary's run in 2008 comes to mind. From late 2006-2007, she was surging ahead in the polls. But eventually, a certain Barack Obama put paid to her ambition.

Who knows, another charismatic, unknown candidate could give her serious challenge in the Democratic primary.
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Reference(m): 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

Thanks for speaking for us, but we're very pleased with the Democrats. Our deficit has been lightened by billions of dollars and the job market has surged. The economy is the best it has been in years. You don't have a clue what you're taking about.

Sarah Palin has been relegated to daytime television. She is the main reason why the Republicans lost. She's utterly unintelligent, and no amount of coaching could disguise that fact.

Last point: In America, no one "rules". They govern.

The Democrats won't win.
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
Reference:

The Democrats won't win.

Didn't ask you. But thanks for your unqualified opinion.
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by blueberryp: 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
Why do I get the feeling that she will win if she contests? Americans are always looking for that something different, they are always willing to try out something new. Once Obama is out of sit, unless someone very spectacular comes up I can only say everyone else will fade in oblivion to hilary clinton. I would personally vote for her if I had a chance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africa Slips Into Technical Recession As GDP Drops 0.7% In Q2 / Paris Louvre Shooting 'terror' Attack: Terrorist Called On His God... / We May Need Iridium To Survive The Intense Heat Of 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.