Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,407 members, 7,947,694 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 07:04 AM

What Excuse Do I Give To Attend A Test - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Excuse Do I Give To Attend A Test (801 Views)

Excuse Me, Mr. Anti Self-employment Advocate! / Excuse Me, Mr. Self-employment Advocate! / Got A Test Invitation From Huawei Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Excuse Do I Give To Attend A Test by Nobody: 3:57am On Sep 14, 2014
I like a career path in banking, not because that was what i read in school but because i have a passion for it. In the cause of my job hurting after 3 months since i finished nysc. I then got a job in a very big hotel with a pay of 35k and an accommodation. The owner of the hotel who gave me the job is also a multimillionaire if not billions. His wife is managing the place so am assisting her and i perceive he wants me to handle the business but he hasn't spoken yet. This might take time but since am still young i don't want to be confuse in my career path. With just one week to my employment there i have a test with ICSL in pH they recruit for banks. How do I go for the test since its for 9am?
2. Do you think i might be making a wrong decision working with a hotel with low pay but leaving on promises of making me a manager soon? I need advice.
Re: What Excuse Do I Give To Attend A Test by bigtt76(f): 4:50am On Sep 14, 2014
A bird in hand is worth two in the bank bush ...you nor de read threads of how banks de sack staff? If you leave de hotel job now ...do you have accomdation outside to stay when you get bank job?

Thise bank people will only employ you as contract staff annd not full time bank staff so becareful.
Re: What Excuse Do I Give To Attend A Test by Gboliwe: 5:16am On Sep 14, 2014
tebirim: I like a career path in banking, not because that was what i read in school but because i have a passion for it. In the cause of my job hurting after 3 months since i finished nysc. I then got a job in a very big hotel with a pay of 35k and an accommodation. The owner of the hotel who gave me the job is also a multimillionaire if not billions. His wife is managing the place so am assisting her and i perceive he wants me to handle the business but he hasn't spoken yet. This might take time but since am still young i don't want to be confuse in my career path. With just one week to my employment there i have a test with ICSL in pH they recruit for banks. How do I go for the test since its for 9pm?
2. Do you think i might be making a wrong decision working with a hotel with low pay but leaving on promises of making me a manager soon? I need advice.

Who made you any promise of making you a manager soon? That's just your "ego" speaking. You have no experience in hotel management and you have an opportunity now of having one and just one week after you are already thinking of being the boss? Na wa sha.

If you don't want to make this present experience worth its while, go ahead for the 9pm ICSL job.

Like someone said, its usually a contract job. I don't know if these banks pay well these days but remember, you will have to take care of accommodation and feeding.
Re: What Excuse Do I Give To Attend A Test by crudedude(m): 7:03am On Sep 14, 2014
A test by 9pm? that's serious.
Re: What Excuse Do I Give To Attend A Test by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 14, 2014
Bro!!!! Pls do not ever mek d mistake of settling for that thing u call a job; Do not; U'll regret it; I'll strongly suggest; since u love the banking job, n its were u career drove u to; do anything possible to get positioned there; its a reasonable thing to do; 4rm there u can build the path u want;

D question I'll ask U " where do u see urself in 5 yrs 4rm now?" U should pponder about dat question; n mek the ryt decision; do not. Do not read n imbibe mediocre comments here; dey could dissuade U;

As regards d excuse u to give; " tell themm U'll wanna travel home to tell ur parents of d new job U got; n how magnanimous ur employers (them) have been to U. Dat U'll be returning d fellown day!!!

BTW; dat test dey write by 9pm; re u sure all is well?

1 Like

Re: What Excuse Do I Give To Attend A Test by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
Thanks bro, you sound more like a mentor. Sorry for the 9pm thing its for 9am and not pm. As for the career path, that's only where i find joy that was why i read the course in school. The hotel job is not stressful but i can't just imagine earning 35k as a graduate and all i do is go for errand for my boss's wife and also do some typing. As for the excuses to give, my parents stay in pH too and they built there, he even knows my whole family. Am thinking of telling him this. I want to rush to the bank to reactivate my dormant account.
Raymondenyi: Bro!!!! Pls do not ever mek d mistake of settling for that thing u call a job; Do not; U'll regret it; I'll strongly suggest; since u love the banking job, n its were u career drove u to; do anything possible to get positioned there; its a reasonable thing to do; 4rm there u can build the path u want;

D question I'll ask U " where do u see urself in 5 yrs 4rm now?" U should pponder about dat question; n mek the ryt decision; do not. Do not read n imbibe mediocre comments here; dey could dissuade U;

As regards d excuse u to give; " tell themm U'll wanna travel home to tell ur parents of d new job U got; n how magnanimous ur employers (them) have been to U. Dat U'll be returning d fellown day!!!

BTW; dat test dey write by 9pm; re u sure all is well?
Re: What Excuse Do I Give To Attend A Test by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
What do you know? This is a family friend that personally called me to his office and told me things. I never submitted a CV or went for test or interview for a day. He only wants someone he can trust. You go sabi jealous people undecided As for accommodation i don't have a problem with that. My parents have a two houses though they are both outside portharcourt but not too far to anywhere in pH. Most banks pay contract staffs sha it just depends. I got a marketing job with wema bank @ 70k per months just that its marketing and i don't like marketing.
Gboliwe:

Who made you any promise of making you a manager soon? That's just your "ego" speaking. You have no experience in hotel management and you have an opportunity now of having one and just one week after you are already thinking of being the boss? Na wa sha.

If you don't want to make this present experience worth its while, go ahead for the 9pm ICSL job.

Like someone said, its usually a contract job. I don't know if these banks pay well these days but remember, you will have to take care of accommodation and feeding.
Re: What Excuse Do I Give To Attend A Test by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
tebirim: Thanks bro, you sound more like a mentor. Sorry for the 9pm thing its for 9am and not pm. As for the career path, that's only where i find joy that was why i read the course in school. The hotel job is not stressful but i can't just imagine earning 35k as a graduate and all i do is go for errand for my boss's wife and also do some typing. As for the excuses to give, my parents stay in pH too and they built there, he even knows my whole family. Am thinking of telling him this. I want to rush to the bank to reactivate my dormant account.
. Aii; u welcomme my brother; experience they say is the best teacher; but I'll say; learning 4rm peoples's exxeprience I'll say is a better techer..

As regards dat excuse; its a fair oneb!!

1 Like

Re: What Excuse Do I Give To Attend A Test by Gboliwe: 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
tebirim: What do you know? This is a family friend that personally called me to his office and told me things. I never submitted a CV or went for test or interview for a day. He only wants someone he can trust. You go sabi jealous people undecided As for accommodation i don't have a problem with that. My parents have a two houses though they are both outside portharcourt but not too far to anywhere in pH. Most banks pay contract staffs sha it just depends. I got a marketing job with wema bank @ 70k per months just that its marketing and i don't like marketing.

You are just talking anyhow. Read again your very first post, I mean the one you didn't doctor. I quoted it. That's what I used to air my opinion. Obviously, you are already in charge and don't need my opinion, I wonder why I "chooked" mouth initially. Oh! You brought it on to a public forum. That's it.
Lol @ me being jealous. Kai! Funny, very funny OP.

Congrats on your paents "a two houses". I wonder how relevant it is here.

Na wa sha

1 Like

Re: What Excuse Do I Give To Attend A Test by kfact: 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
I had a time when I needed to write an aptitude test. I didn't want to lie. It really bothered me because I did not want to loose the opportunity. So, I thought of praying about it. I asked God to to help out.....Then before the test date, two of my bosses fixed different dates to travel. One was supposed to travel two day before my test. The other was on the test date. The latter planned to come to office before he traveled, I prayed he shouldn't bent knee. IT WAS SERIOUS. He didn't come to the office. he said to me later that he woke up late. That was how I was able to attend the test. Hoping for the best from the test result. Gracias. I hope this encourage SOMEONE. Sometimes, in fact, if not all times, we should bring God into the picture. I promised Him to share this on nairaland. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Access Bank - A Rape Of Trust / Make Your Mistakes On Time! / MCSA: Windows Server 2012 R2 & MCSE: Server Infrastructure - Only 20 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.