Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,256 members, 7,887,735 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:03 PM

Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing (42136 Views)

From Dss Headquarter: Nnamdi Kanu Goes On Hunger Strike Refuse To Sign Document / British Soldiers Visit Nigeria Defence Headquarter (PHOTOS) / Confusion In Police Headquarter Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by igbsam(m): 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
I just pray one day we will not wake up to see that Nigeria as a country is missing with all of us in it.

The country is effed up.

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
uthor=siino]Just hope dat BH men neva rent am for reinforcement to attack again? Lol
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Ibyno(m): 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
BH, Bring Back Our Fighter Jet
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by ndcide(m): 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
tivta: Could this be the same jet I saw on friday flying around the airport aimlessly? The colour is grey with a star on its tail, I swear when I saw this plane flying aimlessly for close to 30mins I was dead scared. Someone should pls list out the possible damage this plane can cause so that we all can be prepared to say our last prayer or run. This is not serious anymore it is deadly. If it means Johnathan should step down for peace to rain pls let him do so, he is playing politics with peoples lives oh. Am dead scared right now.

I DON'T GET YOU PLEASE.

if gej wants to step down it should not be because of boko haram. If that happens, peace may elude the country. be honest if truly this jet gets missing doesn't that show you that there is a strong conspiracy?

what if you were GEJ? just put yourself in his position now. forget party sentiments. be honest. no body likes these drama.
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Ayatullah(m): 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
ruffp: I'm thinking......it was probably the jet that 'hovered' over synagogue

STOP HELPING TB JOSHUA SPREAD FALSEHOOD........ The Lagos State Government should arrest this man called TB Joshua immediately.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]I Just hope dat BH men neva rent am for reinforcement to attack again? Lol
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by BabaO2: 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
ElPhenomenal: The Nigerian Army has confirmed the report by
Abusidiqu that the only fighter jet used in the
successful battle against the Boko Haram sect in
Konduga on Friday has gone missing.
The report dated Saturday, September 13 stated how the Airforce Alpha jet which was on its way back to Yola after successfully carrying out it assignment against the Boko Haram insurgents when it went out of radar.

In an unsigned statement on the website of the
Defence Headquarters, the army confirmed the
report of the missing jet.
The statement reads:
“An Alpha Jet (NAF 466) belonging to the Nigerian Air
Force is missing around Adamawa State. The aircraft,
with two pilots onboard, left Yola at about 10:45am
on 12 September 2014 on a routine operational
mission and was expected back by 12:00 noon. Since
then all efforts to establish contact with the aircraft
have not yielded any positive result. Meanwhile,
search and rescue effort is ongoing to establish
contact with the crew.”

“In view of the foregoing, you are please requested to
disseminate this information through your news
medium for the awareness of the general public.”
“Thank you for your usual cooperation.

defenceinfo.mil.ng/missing-nigerian-air-force-plane/

Useless country, polishing English all the time to cover up their inefficiencies/mediocrity.
Samething happened when i saw abati defending modu-sheriff-Jonathan visit to Chad.
Jonathan for once, take responsibility for your action(s).

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by profinmasscom(m): 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
Initially, two armoured cars were seized by the insurgent, and now, Alpha Jet which is the only functional fighter jet got missing. I wonder what will happen if at the end we hear that it's in the hand of Boko Haram. The name of everyone in this country will be "SORRY". But all the same, May God have mercy on Nigeria.
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by RaptorX: 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
You guys should just relax, the plane had probably crashed. Over the last couple of weeks three US fighter jets have crashed talkless of Nigerias obsolete fighter jets.
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by whitecat1: 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hehehe! Lobatan!

Boko haram just stocked up on a cool bird! Thank you Nigerian Army!
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Truckpusher(m): 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
Adindupeter: I don't want to imagine what will happen if it falls into the hands of bokoharam.
keep imagining things.
Boko Haram has army personnel that are sympathetic to their evil course.The Northern elites have their back so you have a situation where the commander of a platoon could be a boko Haram member. Have you forgotten that abt 90% of your soldiers are northerners or of the Islamic faith? undecided
Do the maths the North and their footsoldeirs are biting more than they can chew only if somebody out there in Aso Rock could grow some balls and damn the consequences.
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by nijanigga: 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
Just yesterday, Nigerian military said they've killed 200 militants,if indeed that's true then where is the plane?
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Moblord(m): 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
adonismuller: my fear overtake ur own
Me wey dey borno... If d plane gets into the wrong hand there will be trouble oo
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by whitecat1: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
Why would the Army not know if the plane was having problems, about to crash or crashed?
RaptorX: You guys should just relax, the plane had probably crashed. Over the last couple of weeks three US fighter jets have crashed talkless of Nigerias obsolete fighter jets.

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Okudiover(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
grin grin grin grin #BRING BACK OUR JETS#
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Billygee2u: 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
this isn't good at all to hear.
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by darlingtonNYIG(m): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2014
You guys imagining how a fighter jet could get missing then you should ask the USA how 2 fighter jet that cost 50m and 45m dollars could get missing and only one could be found for over 3days now. Let's support our forces and stop the blame attitude joor
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Youngzedd(m): 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
What a country.

They should better search the whole of Northern states to recover that jet, because if boko boys lay their hands on it.

We all don enter voicemail.
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Litmus: 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
Crashed - sad

Flown by pilots defecting to enemy side - sad and bad

Shot down by Bokoharam- sad, bad and portentous.

....shot down by Bokoharam then you had better believe that they are being aided and abetted covertly by France. People, of course, will argue that anyone with a few pipes can bring down a military craft; people will talk of ISIS, arms flow from Libya etc and all would make sense but my gut feeling is centered around this axis: France+Cameroon, one of three Arab states known to sponsor terrorism.
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Samabu07(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
omenka: Now where is that asphalt head TANoid that said the news was a Boko Haram propaganda??!!!

Lool...wanna drive on that asphalt... lipsrsealed
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by GRAND30(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
This nation certainly needs divine intervention. A quick mind trip round the globe from Europe to the Middle East and down to Africa, everyone would admit that war drums beating louder and louder with each passing day. Don't judge me as being too spiritual, please calmly observe the current trend of aggression and violent events around the world and you too would realize that the world is standing somewhat on a war cliff. Rather than whining in lamentation, I wish we would spend more time praying for this nation and other turbulent regions across the globe. For Christians, read the signs of the time and amend your ways. Happy Sunday to you all!

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Johnflavour(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
If indeed this is true it means Nigeria is finished if it eventually enters the hand of these boko boys. Nigeria government has failed us,Millitary has also failed us.Now we have turn to God. Father in ur infinite mercy come and help this nation in this crucial time.
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by okeyokeyjah(m): 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
undecided Naija don taya me undecided
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2014
too much casual ignorance on this thread

the most likely answer is that the jet was shot down

all this tak about the jet being in the hands of bh?

are there any runways in the vicinity of the area where the jet went missing? you can't just land a fighter jet anywhere. helicopters yes , transport planes, maybe - but not fighter jets

also, fighter jets require a lot of maintenance and highly trained personnel - the fact bh is running around in hiluxes does not translate in skills in maintaining fighter jets of stocks of jet a1. it is also highly unlikely they have airmen among their crew. so unless the fighter pilot defected and there is a hidden runway, jeta1 depot, and bh loyal flight mechanic - we just have a bird gone down

rip to the gallant pilot
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
profinmasscom: Initially, two armoured cars were seized by the insurgent, and now, Alpha Jet which is the only functional fighter jet got missing. I wonder what will happen if at the end we hear that it's in the hand of Boko Haram. The name of everyone in this country will be "SORRY". But all the same, May God have mercy on Nigeria.
The truth is that it will be useless to them if they get it in their custody. They can't use it for any form of attack, so the best they can do is to keep it in their custody to prevent the military from using it from them
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
okeyokeyjah: undecided Naija don taya me undecided
There's nothing you can do. You have no where else to stay. This is your country and you'll remain here.
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Litmus: 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
Talk of Nigeria being finished because of enemy possession of an Aplha jet even if it came to that is laughable. Even if the enemy possessed fleets of jet fighters it would only mean a conventional war for Nigeria. Nations fight wars the economy suffers. Nigeria will only be finished if we Nigerians chose to finish it. At the last count Ethiopia that waged a lifetime of war is still there. Even Congo is still Congo after decades of hell one day she will rise again who doubts that.
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
Youngzedd: What a country.

They should better search the whole of Northern states to recover that jet, because if boko boys lay their hands on it.

It will be recovered. I'm very sure the sect don't even have a skilled pilot. It can take weeks to fully train one for the best and optimum usage of a fighter jet. By then, they would have been busted.
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by femikay149(m): 2:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Youngzedd: What a country.

And what will happen boko will fly it?

Pls let us reason the matter

A fighter jet can not even land juz anywhere ? Also boko cant fly them? How ? Where ll be the runway? Who will fly it?

Anyhwhich way boko cant use it

Mostly likely it crashed as it is off radar....

What will should pray for is that the pilots are alive and boko haram shouldnt get to them first
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by buchixx: 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
Very soon goodluck will miss. You bought jet without bringin down their sponsors.
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Bazinga(m): 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
gebest: AT LEAST U CAN NOW BELIEVE THE IHEHERIKA'S INVOLMENT NOW, WHAT PEOPLE DONT KNOW IS THAT, THE MORE THE INSECURITY THE MORE MONEY THE GENERALS ARE MAKING WITH SECURITY FUND.

All the senior army officers from colonel upwards in the north east should be arrested and probed. Enough of this nonsense
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Youngzedd(m): 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
femikay149:

And what will happen boko will fly it?

Pls let us reason the matter

A fighter jet can not even land juz anywhere ? Also boko cant fly them? How ? Where ll be the runway? Who will fly it?

Anyhwhich way boko cant use it

Mostly likely it crashed as it is off radar....

What will should pray for is that the pilots are alive and boko haram shouldnt get to them first

Boko boys can over fly the jet.
Mind you they have sponsors.

How much will it cost them to hire professional pilot from Arab countries.

Money answereth all things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nationwide Topless March On June 12 / Chief Of Army Staff Visits Troops In The Frontline / Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sets A New Auction Record In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.