Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,252 members, 7,974,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:59 PM

5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students (25292 Views)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities / Secrets Of First Class Students? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by gneisss: 10:39am On Dec 24, 2014
the dream changes after 5carry over in year 1. boys go begin calculate Gp pass exams officer.. mehn free us jare, no be like say work dey...make person go learn trade grin
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Sarhamsyn(m): 10:39am On Dec 24, 2014
after alot of carry overs undecided
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by izsmike: 10:40am On Dec 24, 2014
they r nerds
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 24, 2014
bright007:
Everybody seems to be liking this write up....

well i think its because most of the posters above me schooled in Nigeria. For those that schooled in France like myself, getting first class is all about drinking french wine especially 5 minutes before sitting for an exam
i blame Him for not specifyin d kind of students...
But am sure He's not talkin about first class prostitutes
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by joywendy(f): 10:41am On Dec 24, 2014
happyzed0:
1.party 2.sleep 3.dnt attend klass 4. Dnt read ur books , 5. Join cult

you know this because
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by nanizle(m): 10:42am On Dec 24, 2014
I don't agree with the Prayer aspect.

Atheists, freethinkers and the likes do make first class.

You don't need to be religious to make excellent grades.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by emmabowin(m): 10:43am On Dec 24, 2014
I find most part of this article true, except for the part that says "studying is not always as interesting as playing game or watching a movie". It may interest the op to know that some of us take studying as an hobby, hence studying becomes even more interesting and fulfilling than watching a movie. There is so much joy u derive when u study.

1 Like

Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 24, 2014
The world must know thir
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 24, 2014
emmabowin:
I find most part of this article true, except for the part that says "studying is not always as interesting as playing game or watching a movie". It may interest the op to know that some of us take studying as an hobby, hence studying becomes even more interesting and fulfilling than watching a movie. There is so much joy u derive when u study.
You are right. When u r in Christ everything become easier. For me i can read 24hrs non stop
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 24, 2014
nanizle:
I don't agree with the Prayer aspect.

Atheists, freethinkers and the likes do make first class.

You don't need to be religious to make excellent grades.
But afterwards they benefit nothing frm their first class.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 24, 2014
stupid post, so Muslims can not be first class students, believing in Christ is now a prerequisite for academic success, you've got to be kidding me, some of the really smart first class students even dislike the entire idea of religion, its the bookworms and crammers that have an unshakable belief in religion and God because they do not think for themselves, the only time they think is during exams. I believe we should stop with the stereotypes , I smoke, take rohypnol, write and still find time to top my class. its all about the person and what works for him or her, there are no defined qualities for a first class student.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Jokay07(m): 10:47am On Dec 24, 2014
bright007:

well i think its because most of the posters above me schooled in Nigeria. For those that schooled in France like myself, getting first class is all about drinking french wine especially 5 minutes before sitting for an exam
when dem change the name of your village to france?
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by lacedup(m): 10:47am On Dec 24, 2014
bright007:

Works here in naija 2...except it's not french wine buh orijin...
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by veraiyke(m): 10:50am On Dec 24, 2014
Ur right hweva unfortunate tins hapn sumtymx lyk u get a rubbish grade frm ur lecturer. I am a witness n victim of dat. D only D n E I ve scored was in my first year n dey we'r on general courses I know I performed very poorly. Ds my final year n I cn confidently tell u dat my lst grade is a B until one lecturer rubbished mst of d smart boys n girls wit an E. It was very obvious cox we all made 40 as. In all of us dat cud boast of A's in virtually every course. Oda lecturers I confided in affirmed dat d result was a shamble knowing d students dat scored E. So jst pray n kp workn hard doh.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by lanxlot(m): 10:50am On Dec 24, 2014
op, in My dept, no body has ever graduated with a ist clax. 2¹ Was My target wen I got admitted. n dats what av been able to garner so far....op, it isn't easy. u read, u write....at tyms u even collect xtra sheet. often tyms we are at d mercy of our lecturers....what de give is what u get....one may write an exam....xpectations high, hoping to obtain an A....he will b so surprised to see a C....On d notice board. u wudnt dare cough. sinx de may make u their focal point...sumtyms de do it deliberately to slash one's CGPA.

Reason y i favour objective to theory. in obj, d answers are static. can't b altered, not so with theories Where all attempts are made to impress Or convince ur lecturer.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by lepasharon(f): 10:50am On Dec 24, 2014
danypack7:

Prayer:
Every first class student knows that to trust in one’s might, strength and ability alone is foolishness. You must take seriously your closet where you communicate with God and draw strength, wisdom and enablement from Him. If you do not have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ, you need to enter into a relationship with Him.

Read more at: http://www.mynaijadream.com/2014/07/becoming-first-class-student.html

LOL
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by maolygs(m): 10:54am On Dec 24, 2014
Nice one
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by smithereens(m): 10:57am On Dec 24, 2014
I have done some jobs with an organisation which employs mostly first class graduates, students from ivy league schools and experienced titans of industry from around the world.
On close observation, something stood out about the first class products no matter the university and all of them, with no exception have these characteristics:

All of them are timely. Every mail is replied as soon as possible, every task completed in the shortest and soonest time possible. In other words they are very good time managers and planners. Always keep this in mind.

1 Like

Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by YoungIncredible: 10:58am On Dec 24, 2014
danypack7:
Are you a student in a university or higher institution? If yes, then this is for you. Remember when you first got into school, your first aspiration was to graduate from the university with a first class. Then, especially for those that have been in school for quite a while, the aspiration seemed to change with time after the first year.
Compromise set in and you began to settle for less than your initial goal. Very few people leave school with the degree they had wanted to acquire initially. I must tell you that the ‘first class’ in in your hands and not in the hands of your lecturers. You choose the grades you want by the decisions you make and the actions you take. Your lecturers only give you the grades you choose. Below are five qualities that you must cultivate if you must become a first class student:

Five Qualities of a ‘First Class’ student

Dedication:
This is the quality of being devoted to something. Are you devoted to that goal you want to achieve? Dedication shows up in class or lecture attendance, amount of time spent revising notes and studying and so on.

Discipline:
Every first class student knows what it means to delay self-gratification. Studying is not always as interesting as watching a movie or playing a video game. Discipline is the practice of training oneself to ensure acceptable and desired patterns of behavior. You must always remind yourself that your future and the kind of life you will have tomorrow depends on the decisions you make today. You must pay the price to sow good seeds today so that you can reap the desired harvest tomorrow.

Perseverance:
Encarta tells us this word means steady and continued action or belief, usually over a long period and especially despite difficulties or setbacks. In other words, a first class student will say no to compromise and laxity when it’s time to study, to pray, to go for lectures or to do those things that he is supposed to do.

Prayer:
Every first class student knows that to trust in one’s might, strength and ability alone is foolishness. You must take seriously your closet where you communicate with God and draw strength, wisdom and enablement from Him. If you do not have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ, you need to enter into a relationship with Him.

Balance:
This one is also very important because this is where so many students miss it. The university is not a place for solely reading and studying to obtain a degree though this is the primary purpose. It’s a platform for acquiring knowledge that will help you build a future for yourself, for discovering your purpose in life and for general all-rround self-development. You must engage yourself in other activities that will develop you spiritually, intellectually, physically, morally, socially and even financially. Get adequate rest also, very important. It’s not in the amount of ‘night classes.’
Read more at: http://www.mynaijadream.com/2014/07/becoming-first-class-student.html

But "Rancho" in 3-idiots never practice all of this things?, and yet, he made first class ahead of "silencer" chatur.

"In ranchodas chanchad voice". Never harbour the fear of having good grades, its not good for grades, follow your passion, chase excellence and success will chase you.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by bobkezel(m): 10:58am On Dec 24, 2014
Op you missed one of their qualities. They also wear medicated glasses.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by nanizle(m): 11:00am On Dec 24, 2014
starlingleanets:
But afterwards they benefit nothing frm their first class.

Do you have facts to back up your statement?
Or you're just being sentimental?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by dapsonjegz(m): 11:02am On Dec 24, 2014
nice post
u v said it all
thumb up
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Pennyways: 11:04am On Dec 24, 2014
adeoladrg:
We know this already!
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 24, 2014
nanizle:

Do you have facts to back up your statement?
Or you're just being sentimental?
sentimental? Dats kind of intimental. Tell me have u seen any aetheist shortlisted for any educational award in Nigeria talkless of the world?
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by dreezybines: 11:22am On Dec 24, 2014
Confirm.... That 5th point to me is like the most important....
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by ajasa4link: 11:22am On Dec 24, 2014
starlingleanets:
sentimental? Dats kind of intimental. Tell me have u seen any aetheist shortlisted for any educational award in Nigeria talkless of the world?
Google search the name "Philip Emegwali " ......that niggga is often referred to as the father of internet, he has gotten more awards than all the religious first class u know, and the niggga is an ATHEIST( Not that I support atheism tho,but ur post just caught my attention as lacking adequate fact )
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by wixemmy(m): 11:23am On Dec 24, 2014
grin[quote author=rioemmanuel post=26303567]You are RIGHT.[/quote u ar left
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 24, 2014
Giannakopoulos:
True,but regarding your point on prayer,does it mean atheists don't make first class... I doubt.

Atheists make fundamental changes in the world. Nigerian 1st class... Are they known in the world?
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Ignyte(m): 11:27am On Dec 24, 2014
I am tempted to ask the OP if him graduate with First Class
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by ajasa4link: 11:28am On Dec 24, 2014
Almost all second class upper students have these listed qualities too.....So I see don't see why these 5 qualities make first class students different from second class upper students, except that first class students have a sixth quality called LUCK!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NUC Names 41 Illegal Universities / School In Edo Where Pupils Sit On Bare Floor, Mats (Photos) / University Of Ilorin 2016/2017 Admission List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.