Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,250 members, 7,891,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:41 AM

The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. (2073 Views)

Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials / The Begining Of The End Of Bola Tinubu / Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by Descartes: 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
APContherun:
And I hereby present myself to deliver the inuagural lecture at the investiture ceremony on the topic WHY BUHARI IS THE WORST PERSON TO LEAD NIGERIA. Everyone is invited.
Please send me an invite to the thread. Thanks.cool
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by courage54(m): 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
brainpower: Let me ask the OP a question. If Buhari is this incorruptible as you say, does it mean that he will prosecute Tinubu, Amaechi, Kwankwaso, Rochas, Oshiomole, El Rufai, OBJ, IBB, Abdusalami etc? Just name them, or are these people not corrupt or thieves? Atleast Tinubu, OBJ and IBB, these ones are confirmed looters. Do you think after he opened his mouth and said he won't forgive OBJ and IBB, that they will be alive and see him rule this country? If the people Buhari jailed were corrupt and thieves then what did "Fela" do to him?

If those people u mentioned are corrupt as u claim what is stoping ur PDP government from persecuting them? Or are they above the law

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by Descartes: 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
courage54:

If those people u mentioned are corrupt as u claim what is stoping ur PDP government from persecuting them? Or are they above the law
Is this your new monicker
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by courage54(m): 2:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
Descartes: Is this your new monicker

Oga wake from ur slumber, u are bed wetting.
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by Descartes: 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
courage54:

Oga wake from ur slumber, u are bed wetting.
k
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by brainpower(m): 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
courage54:

That's the same question every intelligent Nigerian should ask. And the answer will make you understand that leadership is more than any social media and foreign movies. Why did the USA pull away from the assist against boko haram? Why do you think that foreign govt in any other country are called diplomats? Too many diplomacy in govt and that's why Buhari can only survive if he is ready to work with those that are in charge of power or he will face the kind of heat GEJ faced. I am not saying he is going to be corrupt or will not do better but not as much as he is being hyped now. Buhari is coming back for revenge against those that removed him before. And moreover you have not answered my question especially about Fela
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
rudedough: As much as we want an incorruptible President, i don't think Buhari can do much in the fight against corruption. Why? Because we are not in the military era where judgement is served without trial. In a democracy Buhari will be frustrated by the judiciary's lacadestic approach to prosecuting corrupt politicians.

What is he going to do about the corrupt EFCC, Police, Judges? What about the intelligent lawyers, partisan press and readily available supporters that would stage a nationwide protest? What's Buhari going to do? Ask the military to whip protesting civilians like he did in 1983? Or is he going to muzzle the press once again? Or will he arrest and jail intelligent lawyers who're most likely to defend corrupt politicians in court? What is he going to do about these bottle-necks exactly?

Let's face it, the system is very corrupt and complicated and Buhari can't do much. I still will like to see him perform his magic however.
Only God knows how much I hate people like you. So,your new method in trying to convince people to continue with the status quo is to say:"Well, even Buhari can't change anything because the system is finished". No, monkeyfucka that's not how it works. When a leader holds himself accountable to the people and the Laws of the land, every other person below him has no choice but to do the same. That's why they are called "LEADERS"!!!! Buhari will never say "Ordinary stealing is what you call corruption"!

Put Gej back there in 2015 and watch your country transform to Zimbabwe in less than 18months.
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Only God knows how much I hate people like you. So,your new method in trying to convince people to continue with the status quo is to say:"Well, even Buhari can't change anything because the system is finished". No, monkeyfucka that's not how it works. When a leader holds himself accountable to the people and the Laws of the land, every other person below him has no choice but to do the same. That's why they are called "LEADERS"!!!! Buhari will never say "Ordinary stealing is what you call corruption"!

Put Gej back there in 2015 and watch your country transform to Zimbabwe in less than 18months.

You could have responded to my comment with simple civility, the name calling was totally unnecessary but i'll put it down to you being passionate about the topic. We may have different views but one thing we share in common is our patriotism. Believe it or not, almost everyone on this forum wants Nigeria to progress whether under GEJ or Buhari, APC or PDP, Northern or Southern President.

I raised valid issues and i expect us to engage in an intellectual discuss without reverting to insult. For the love of peace and civility, I demand an open apology before we continue.
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by bestman4djob: 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
May God help Nigeria
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
rudedough:
As much as we want an incorruptible President, i don't think Buhari can do much in the fight against corruption. Why? Because we are not in the military era where judgement is served without trial. In a democracy Buhari will be frustrated by the judiciary's lacadestic approach to prosecuting corrupt politicians.

What is he going to do about the corrupt EFCC, Police, Judges? What about the intelligent lawyers, partisan press and readily available supporters that would stage a nationwide protest? What's Buhari going to do? Ask the military to whip protesting civilians like he did in 1983? Or is he going to muzzle the press once again? Or will he arrest and jail intelligent lawyers who're most likely to defend corrupt politicians in court? What is he going to do about these bottle-necks exactly?

Let's face it, the system is very corrupt and complicated and Buhari can't do much. I still will like to see him perform his magic however.
The system is corrupt because there's a crook at the helm, he is leading by example and that'd what the rest of the Govt/country is following. Put a clean man in charge and once he starts leading by example the rest of the country will follow.

A father acts the way he wants his kids to behave. Gej is a bad father for the country of Nigeria.
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
brainpower:
Let me ask the OP a question. If Buhari is this incorruptible as you say, does it mean that he will prosecute Tinubu, Amaechi, Kwankwaso, Rochas, Oshiomole, El Rufai, OBJ, IBB, Abdusalami etc? Just name them, or are these people not corrupt or thieves? Atleast Tinubu, OBJ and IBB, these ones are confirmed looters. Do you think after he opened his mouth and said he won't forgive OBJ and IBB, that they will be alive and see him rule this country??
Well, why don't you stop being a coward and be a patriot for once and vote him in then find out?
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by mikolo80: 11:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
rudedough:
As much as we want an incorruptible President, i don't think Buhari can do much in the fight against corruption. Why? Because we are not in the military era where judgement is served without trial. In a democracy Buhari will be frustrated by the judiciary's lacadestic approach to prosecuting corrupt politicians.

you obviously foot know how powerful the president of nigeria is. He can unleash ribadu on efcc . He can enforce fines for bad driving abi drivers no arrange diaself in lagos. He can replace corrupt judges and sue foolish pressmen who make stupid and baseless allegations. Trust me he can do so much
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by mikolo80: 11:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
mikeansy:
OP and his like do not know the meaning of corruption, incorruptible, and transparency!

This man is a perennial Presidential candidate and yet no one knows who funds his many campaigns. Has he ever declared his asset?

Also the below is the dictionary definition of corruption:

Can I remind you all that there was 1979 constitution in this country which made it clear that coup de tat is not one of the ways to get rid of the government.

This man called Buhari and his gang criminally and illegally removed a democratically elected Government, usurped the constitution and truncated the democratic aspirations of our Nation!

That's corruption in its worst form and Buhari as a soldier at the time was supposed to be the defender of democracy. If our current soldiers are over zealous and all knowing as Buhari was we won't have a democracy and Buhari will not be running for elections!

Those who want to call others corrupt should learn the meaning of the word.

Buhari is as corrupt as they come!
tell the truth or go to hell,how much is jonathan paying you
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by citizenY(m): 9:19am On Oct 07, 2014
brainpower:
Let me ask the OP a question. If Buhari is this incorruptible as you say, does it mean that he will prosecute Tinubu, Amaechi, Kwankwaso, Rochas, Oshiomole, El Rufai, OBJ, IBB, Abdusalami etc? Just name them, or are these people not corrupt or thieves? Atleast Tinubu, OBJ and IBB, these ones are confirmed looters. Do you think after he opened his mouth and said he won't forgive OBJ and IBB, that they will be alive and see him rule this country? If the people Buhari jailed were corrupt and thieves then what did "Fela" do to him?

What has GEJ done, copied from your accused?
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by Lordlexyy: 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
@rudedough, you deserve less than a class room teacher with the short sighted analysis you put up there, lacking indept and precision. Someone ask you if you would rather maitain the status quo of brazen corruption, but you choose to ignore that area while you go on a wild goose chase with your rhetoric(no disrespect man) probably for lack of what to say. What does it really take fight corruption? Simple! Finance and empowered the anti graft agency (EFFC) and make it completely independent with monitoring from the legislators to check mate excesses or abuse of power. By that, the agency will be equipped to recruit and train some of the best hands. Would that be too much for the General to execute? An incorruptible leader will most likely take this initiative.
Re: The Fear Of Buhari Is The Begining Of Wisdom For Corrupt Politicians. by courage54(m): 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
tit:
Buhari was Abacha's best friend.
They do runs together.
Na them arrange 153 suitcases during currency exchange.
Abacha was most relaxed in the company of Buhari.
i wont talk more on this matter.

I don't expect a lady like u to speak without fact, pls bring out ur facts. And don't like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Calling All Muslims To Vote For GEJ In 2015 / The Blood Of The Innocent Northern Children Will Hunt The Northern Opposition . / Jonathan Has No Reason To Rig 2015 Polls – Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.