Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,539 members, 7,972,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:40 PM

Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall (12221 Views)

Photos Of Obafemi Martins' Lovely Kids / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by Franchise21(m): 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
Padipadi: Yeah, with his form, he deserved a re-call.
But something just keep reminding me of his last performance against Tanzania last year. Just like Uche Nwofor against Congo last week.
I dislike such performances.
Last Bullet
The secret be say, Nigeria presently lacked talents.
I fully agree wiv u on ur last bullet
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by bigwallace(m): 10:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Guys be saying martins shudnt be recalled because he plays in an obscure league,well u guys should remember dat same league is wer clint dempsey plays nd we saw his qualities @ d worl d stage,is dis same league defoe cnt even find his feet but martins is rili balling dem ova dere,gyan is in uae he is not even scoring up to martins bt he is ghanian best striker!!abeg make una forget dat one jare make we gv martins one more chance we neva can tell who will deliver the goodies.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by freezyprinzy(m): 10:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
Padipadi: Yeah, with his form, he deserved a re-call.
But something just keep reminding me of his last performance against Tanzania last year. Just like Uche Nwofor against Congo last week.
I dislike such performances.
Last Bullet
The secret be say, Nigeria presently lacked talents.
Nigeria lacks talent kwa!!..can't belive u jux typed that...so watin u go talk abt Southafrica hun!!!...we have d talent bro na hu go bring am comot no day
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by Padipadi: 11:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
freezyprinzy: Nigeria lacks talent kwa!!..can't belive u jux typed that...so watin u go talk abt Southafrica hun!!!...we have d talent bro na hu go bring am comot no day
If Nigeria has abundant talent, if the present crops of Super Eagles are talented like the Germans, Argentines, Dutch etc, why did the Super Eagles lacked natural set piece takers. Why didn't they v a good freekick & corner kick taker?
Why is Ahmed Musa playing corner kick like someone who's bone is not strong enough to kick football & atimes playing it like someone annoyed with the ball?
How come Super Eagles didnt v a natural right back & instead fielded a center back in the person of Efe Ambrose?
How come Super Eagles lacked a playmaker?
Why did Super Eagles not v a dependable 2nd choice goalkeeper like Enyeama?
Where you happy with Austin Ejide's performance against Congo?
Why did Nigeria draw over 50% of her matches under Keshi?
Last Bullet
When elders are talking, kids like you should learn!
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by Adayo11(m): 11:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
myescrow: Old man
we dont want ppl wit port bellies on d pitch
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by freezyprinzy(m): 11:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
Padipadi:
If Nigeria has abundant talent, if the present crops of Super Eagles are talented like the Germans, Argentines, Dutch etc, why did the Super Eagles lacked natural set piece takers. Why didn't they v a good freekick & corner kick taker?
Why is Ahmed Musa playing corner kick like someone who's bone is not strong enough to kick football & atimes playing it like someone annoyed with the ball?
How come Super Eagles didnt v a natural right back & instead fielded a center back in the person of Efe Ambrose?
How come Super Eagles lacked a playmaker?
Why did Super Eagles not v a dependable 2nd choice goalkeeper like Enyeama?
Where you happy with Austin Ejide's performance against Congo?;
Why did Nigeria draw over 50% of her matches under Keshi?
[b]Last Bullet[/b]u asking me y y as if am their coach ask him na... If he invited them we won't b having that problem....but 1 thing I can bet my left leg 4 is dat Nigeria no lack talent at all...all d y y u asking u want to tell me we don't have replacement 4 em...a country of well over 150million pple lacks talent impossible common sense set would tell u...u should b angry wid d coach or administrators not putting it on we not having talent.. Park well bros!!!!!
When elders are talking, kids like you should learn!
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by ddeola: 4:18am On Sep 16, 2014
Why not, is he not a Nigerian footballer and he plays active football every week. He doesn't warm the bench like some that were even called.

He deserves to be called to beef-up d super eagles attack.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by cotzywitzy(m): 4:26am On Sep 16, 2014
Adayo11: we dont want ppl wit port bellies on d pitch

Una no know wetin u dey talk...If Mikel Obi who is playing like hes been forced to play can be in SE team why wont Martins who is far better than him should not be included in the team... Martins and Emenike would be a good duo...

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by kobonaire(m): 5:25am On Sep 16, 2014
Keshi should give papa martins a second chance. He will be surely better than the likes of Shola Ameobi
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by vokalguy(m): 5:32am On Sep 16, 2014
The Most in-form Nigerian Striker at the moment.... His combination with Dempsey is freaking impressive!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by bamite(m): 7:44am On Sep 16, 2014
asidere: we don't need martins cos we already have emenike.what we need now is the uche brothers in the super eagles i.e ike and kalu uche.martins is the past of super eagles.if you want the uche brothers back in the eagles,kindly click like
and what will those likes give u?
mumu
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by Goke7: 9:31am On Sep 16, 2014
people hailing martins here but when he get called up the national team and he fumbles, we would criticize the coach then, we don't know what we want as Nigerians, no one can satisfy us
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by Padipadi: 10:04am On Sep 16, 2014
freezyprinzy: .
F ool!
Out of the 150 million people, previous coaches like Siasia, Largerback, Amodu Shuaibu, Eguavoen, Berti Vogts, Christian Chukwu, Onigbinde, Bonfere Jo. Let me stop here cos you may not know others. All these coaches couldn't gather a tournament winning team. They all got either bronze or silver at the AFCON & struggled at the World Cup.
That common sense which you talked about, if you v it. It should tell you that these coaches also scouted day & night but couldn't find an able replacement for Okocha, Amunike, Amokachi etc.
These are guys that changes the Eagles game during their time. They are the original raw talent. If all those coaches before Keshi & Keshi himself couldn't gather talents, can't your brain tell you that this country really lacked world class players.
Can you compare the crops of players coming from Nigeria since year 2000 to date to those from Germany, Brazil, Italy, Argentina etc. Do we even posses a striker as potent as Eto'o of Cameroon or Drogba of Ivory Coast? What about our midfielders, aside Onazi that keeps improving, is there anyone worthy?
Just keep quite.
Always watch out to learn from my posts.
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by freezyprinzy(m): 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
Padipadi:
F ool!
Out of the 150 million people, previous coaches like Siasia, Largerback, Amodu Shuaibu, Eguavoen, Berti Vogts, Christian Chukwu, Onigbinde, Bonfere Jo. Let me stop here cos you may not know others. All these coaches couldn't gather a tournament winning team. They all got either bronze or silver at the AFCON & struggled at the World Cup.
That common sense which you talked about, if you v it. It should tell you that these coaches also scouted day & night but couldn't find an able replacement for Okocha, Amunike, Amokachi etc.
These are guys that changes the Eagles game during their time. They are the original raw talent. If all those coaches before Keshi & Keshi himself couldn't gather talents, can't your brain tell you that this country really lacked world class players.
Can you compare the crops of players coming from Nigeria since year 2000 to date to those from Germany, Brazil, Italy, Argentina etc. Do we even posses a striker as potent as Eto'o of Cameroon or Drogba of Ivory Coast? What about our midfielders, aside Onazi that keeps improving, is there anyone worthy?
Just keep quite.
Always watch out to learn from my posts.
I lafat u in sSwahili...in ur mind now u educating me..any sport pundict out there would "easily"..know Nigeria is a very talented country...Brazil Argentina and d rest u tink say d stars jux comot con day shine d country spent reasonable amount on dem...in terms of sporting facilities..in conclusion we have so many problem in Nigerian football ranging from administration to what Eva..BT talent is never our problem..even amadihoha knows...and puleeez get a job and stop arguing somefin u can't win..anywaz u entitled to ur own opinion..#cheers#
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by easyelliot(m): 2:03am On Sep 17, 2014
I hope ppl are watching Diego Costa for Chelsea scoring at will cause he knows how to put the ball in the back of the net and he has play makers like Hazard Oscar and Cesc Fab to create opportunities.

I look at the SE and they are lacking a player who can put the ball in the back of the net; Double E is capable but is not a poacher and worse of all he has zero, I repeat zero play makers....guys who can take on players and do something unheard of....pass the ball....what oyingbo calls "assist" to the striker....not take bazooka shot from distance and injure their own teammate or dribble aimlessly or worse still hold the ball until the opponent takes the ball from them and puts the defence at risk.

Martins has scored for Nigeria more than Kanu, more than JJ and I believe he is behind only two Nigerian strikers Yakubu and the late great Yekini All time!!!!!!!!!!!! Martins is no angel and that basket on his head is not of this planet, but he has always had the ability to put the ball in the net, in fact as I'm typing he just scored, and the commentators are saying y wasn't this guy on our wc team?

He should be recalled to save us from embarrassment and because he can still put the ball in the net
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by easyelliot(m): 2:05am On Sep 17, 2014
MLS might not be La liga or Epl but its a well organized league, Martins shouldn't be disregarded cause he plays in MLS just as Mikel shouldn't be rewarded for his peak way back in 2005 and his water boy occasional highlight title collecting Legendary career at CFC.
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by TheGreenRave: 3:46am On Sep 17, 2014
Obagoal just won the US Open Cup (the 101 year old US version of the FA Cup) and his team sits in 1st place with 7 games left and is in line for the domestic treble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6MvioOZOhc

By winning the cup his team Seattle Sounders FC are officially the first team to qualify for the 2015-16 CONCACAF Champions League.

He has scored 21 goals in 44 appearances for Seattle.

As such the fans made up this song about him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXOZU1ivg_4
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by Padipadi: 8:39am On Sep 17, 2014
freezyprinzy: I lafat u in sSwahili...in ur mind now u educating me..any sport pundict out there would "easily"..know Nigeria is a very talented country...Brazil Argentina and d rest u tink say d stars jux comot con day shine d country spent reasonable amount on dem...in terms of sporting facilities..in conclusion we have so many problem in Nigerian football ranging from administration to what Eva..BT talent is never our problem..even amadihoha knows...and puleeez get a job and stop arguing somefin u can't win.
Rants!
freezyprinzy:
.anywaz u entitled to ur own opinion..#cheers#
Since u realised u knw little abt Nigerian football & u knw dat it has many problem, it ll be better 4 u 2 also knw dat presently, lack of talent is argueably our major problem.
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by LeoSanchez(m): 6:58am On Sep 18, 2014
if not for Kashi.. Sorry Keshi..
E for good say we get Martins n UCHE for FRONTS line sha. Drop mikel or bench him cuz its necessary. bring yahaya n Ihenacho for midfield. Put Musa for wing den we can consider new players for defence line n we r gud to tk off
Re: Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall by LeoSanchez(m): 7:22am On Sep 18, 2014
dude it is not lack of talent that is our problem sha..
1. We need to improve our tactics basically on:
i. attack
ii. Defence
iii. Player support
iv. Entire team compactivness
v. Counter speed
vi. defence recovery

2. We need to improve our pin point passing
3. We need to stop passing the ball back to the keeper at every giving time
4 we need to realise that the power of the team is in its Midfield Having experienced, fast, and accurate players cannot be ova emphasised

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) / Luka Modric Deserves 2018 Ballon D'or - Chelsea Star Eden Hazard / Can You List All The Past Winners Of The Lagos Principals Cup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.