Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,765 members, 7,905,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 07:29 PM

Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? (829 Views)

Can You Marry A Non-graduate? / My Girlfriend Wants To Pay Me Off And Marry A Richer Man / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Bakersfield: 10:05am On Sep 15, 2014
Good morning Nairalander, can someone marry a lover u have been dating for few years and not really from your tribe,
considering religious and cultural implications. Let us discuss merits and demerits of this union.
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by cinderellla(f): 10:09am On Sep 15, 2014
Bakersfield: Good morning Nairalander, can someone marry a lover u have been dating for few years and not really from your tribe,
considering religious and cultural implications. Let us discuss merits and demerits of this union.

I'm not a tribal person but I'm definitely religious.
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 15, 2014
First of all it depends on the individual and his/her family problems(called it problem cos tis one definitely)...
I as a person don't believe all this shld be criteria for marriage except the religion aspect, cos I dnt wanna start having issue with my wife as to why she must convert to christianity, dnt have tym trying to convert someone who refuse to convert during dating and courtship...
But as for tribal shiii, I think that shouldn't be any issue at all, I can marry anyone I wish to cos my family aint against my decision at all. But if u re frm a family or places which kick against it, I think u shldnt try it for any reason or else ur village juju go pursue u wherever u go... Aint notin like family support during marriage #myopinion
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by pasqal09: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2014
Along as she's a christian, yeah
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by MissBritney(f): 10:16am On Sep 15, 2014
No crime in that.
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 15, 2014
I really don't care about tribe but I hold religion very strong.
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by tiswell(m): 10:21am On Sep 15, 2014
Am married with kids from a different tribe,though we are both Christians,no regrets so far bro.The problems with non-tribal marriages are basically religious issues,aside that,tis the best.
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 15, 2014
FrankySnow: I really don't care about tribe but I hold religion very strong.

cinderellla:
I'm not a tribal person but I'm definitely religious.

Maybe you both should go into monastery.
Especially you franky.. grin
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Bakersfield: 10:24am On Sep 15, 2014
FrankySnow: I really don't care about tribe but I hold religion very strong.

Like your submission, but educate us more on the religious aspect to enable young lovers to learn how to tolerate each other.
From my personal experience, I am from South West (Yoruba) and my wife from the South East Imo-State (Igbo) to be precise. We both had two boys and two girls from marriage spanning 20 years now. She is a Catholic and I attend a pentecostal church.
We lived happily together and the relationship is based on trust and mutual respect for each other. Today, my wife is a friend, mother, hard working woman, and a reliable and trustworthy adviser to me.
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 15, 2014
TrollMan:

Maybe you both should go into monastery.
Especially you franky.. grin
Why did you say especially me? shocked shocked shocked

Have we met before
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 15, 2014
Bakersfield:

Like your submission, but educate us more on the religious aspect to enable young lovers to learn how to tolerate each other.
For me I can marry a man from any tribe but can't marry a non christian. I will marry a Christian and preferably a man who shares my faith (catholic)......
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 15, 2014
FrankySnow: Why did you say especially me? shocked shocked shocked

Have we met before

Yea, I've meet so many Frankys.
You could possibly be one of them, I don't know.
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 15, 2014
FrankySnow: Why did you say especially me? shocked shocked shocked

Have we met before
please ask him again angry
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 15, 2014
TrollMan:

Yea, I've meet so many Frankys.
You could possibly be one of them, I don't know.
smiley

This one wey you say especially me I hope no problem
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 15, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: please ask him again angry
sad
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Ruq: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2014
Don't care if ye Chinese, Mayan, Brit, Indian any of them fuckin tribe in the 7 continents, down to the north pole. If you gat it we definitely nookin up.
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 15, 2014
FrankySnow: smiley

This one wey you say especially me I hope no problem

No, no problem.
Is that kindda guy your body guard?
He looks really pissed. cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 15, 2014
Bakersfield:

From my personal experience, I am from South West (Yoruba) and my wife from the South East Imo-State (Igbo) to be precise. We both had two boys and two girls from marriage spanning 20 years now. She is a Catholic and I attend a pentecostal church.
We lived happily together and the relationship is based on trust and mutual respect for each other. Today, my wife is a friend, mother, hard working woman, and a reliable and trustworthy adviser to me.
Like I said before I can marry a man from any tribe but can't marry a non Christian. I can marry a christian from any church but would preferred a man who shares my faith (Catholic) reason being that I would not want a case where by problem will arise as a result of our different churches and all.

Normally when a man marries a woman she moves from her Church to his church (please quote me wrong if I'm wrong), except the man allows her to continue her church just like you did Sir.

Marriage I believe is all about maturity, trust, respect (mutual respect) and understanding. Just like you sir, both you and your wife understand each other and till date your love is still standing strong in respective of your different churches from what you posted.

Hmmm, me dey admire your marriage o and I pray for something better. Na happy home all of us dey find.

BTW you should be educating me and not the other way round sir. grin
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 15, 2014
TrollMan:

No, no problem.
Is that kindda guy your body guard?
He looks really pissed. cheesy
Lol. He is not pissed and he is not my body guard.

You can contact him and kelvinGraphics for tips on woman weappering on nl, they are good at it. grin
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Bakersfield: 11:58am On Sep 15, 2014
FrankySnow: Like I said before I can marry a man from any tribe but can't marry a non Christian. I can marry a christian from any church but would preferred a man who shares my faith (Catholic) reason being that I would not want a case where by problem will arise as a result of our different churches and all.

Normally when a man marries a woman she moves from her Church to his church (please quote me wrong if I'm wrong), except the man allows her to continue her church just like you did Sir.

Marriage I believe is all about maturity, trust, respect (mutual respect) and understanding. Just like you sir, both you and your wife understand each other and till date your love is still standing strong in respective of your different churches from what you posted.

Hmmm, me dey admire your marriage o and I pray for something better. Na happy home all of us dey find.grin

Good submission. But you need to look before you leap. There are no core values in the society again and most people go into relationship out of pity without a clearcut positive attitude and agenda. My advice to you is to set a standard for yourself. I know ladies and women are ruled by emotions not logic most of the time. Draw a scale of preference and retreat if not working.
(TACTICAL WITHDRAWAL).
Love, trust, mutual respect and understanding is the bedrock of any relationship from time immemorial.
I strongly suggest or advice you marry your BEST FRIEND to make your relationship STRESS FREE. Good luck
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
Bakersfield:

Good submission. But you need to look before you leap. There are no core values in the society again and most people go into relationship out of pity without a clearcut positive attitude and agenda. My advice to you is to set a standard for yourself. I know ladies and women are ruled by emotions not logic most of the time. Draw a scale of preference and retreat if not working.
(TACTICAL WITHDRAWAL).
Love, trust, mutual respect and understanding is the bedrock of any relationship from time immemorial.
I strongly suggest or advice you marry your BEST FRIEND to make your relationship STRESS FREE. Good luck

Thank you sir. You just gave me a present.
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Melahou(m): 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
Bakersfield: Good morning Nairalander, can someone marry a lover u have been dating for few years and not really from your tribe,

tell us your story and allow the councilors handle your case...
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by okudah(m): 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
I can marry a christian, pagan (traditionalist) and a Muslim as long both of love and understands ourselves
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by okudah(m): 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
MissBritney: No crime in that.

Are you very sure of what u are saying or u are the type that at end tale end of the young man's expectation words like baby am sorry my parents saywe can't marry that they want me to marry from my religion
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by gsalvatore: 4:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
Me no fit cross river niger ooo.

I no get that beans to risk my papa n mama they go long distance, cross niger bridge say na lover I dey go marry..

Cooler to stick to your Own kind abeg.

I don't care much about religion just don't carry it for head.

Once you they reason rational/logical then no problem.
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by adeowo84(m): 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
i can marry from any tribe(my gal is from delta self) but i cant marry a non-christian...NEVER!
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
FrankySnow:
You can contact him and kelvi.nGraphics for tips on woman weappering on nl, they are good at it. grin

I know you are proud of them but I'm not anything like them Mz... so I prefer we leave it at that. I can be very irritating. wink

BTW, Do you derive any Joy in back tracking. undecided
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
TrollMan:

I know you are proud of them but I'm not anything like them Mz... so I prefer we leave it at that. I can be very irritating. wink

BTW, Do you derive any Joy in back tracking. undecided
I just told you all they are good at that's all abi na bad thing I do?
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
FrankySnow: I just told you all they are good at that's all abi na bad thing I do?

Honestly, I don't remember asking you where/how to get tips on woman wrappering.

You decided to extend the courtesy of telling me that.
Why should you do that? Unless perhaps I'm doing a bad Job.
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
TrollMan:

Honestly, I don't remember asking you where/how to get tips on woman wrappering.

You decided to extend the courtesy of telling me that.
Why should you do that? Unless perhaps I'm doing a bad Job.

I did that because you asked if he was my gate man, I answered you simply and told you what he does and what's the crime in that? nor be you ask ni? undecided

Oya sorry I told you what he is good at is that OK? please let it slide.

thank you.
Re: Can You Marry A Non Tribal Lover???? by DearUche(m): 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
There's obviously nothing wrong with intertribal marraige except individual sentiments and opinions which is to each his own.

(1) (Reply)

When A Man Is In Love - A Few Tips To Look For / She Broke Up With Me After I Bought Her Samsung Note3 / Am I Alone? :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.