Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,375 members, 7,881,352 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:27 PM

INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud (18213 Views)

Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate / Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion / Alleged Fraud: EFCC Probes Rivers, Kano, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by topicalmaster: 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Yes, he might be Yoruba, the last thing you will see or hear is a Yoruba supporting or shielding him like Igbo people will always do.

This shows how ignorant many of you are. You just jump into conclusions. He is not Yoruba. He is from Edo State.
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by OLADD: 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: Orosanya is a Jonathan ally... I am not surprised

He is the same guy that embarrassed himself in a National TV during the Ribadu Subsidy Report....

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by benardtotti(m): 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
nzeBiddle: for every single corruption exposé that managed to reach the media, I bet there are 10-20 more corrupt practices that were successfully perpertrated without anybody's knowledge -not even that of the most investigative media house in the country [or even intl]. This is Nigeria for you. Sometimes I even wander how Nigeria is able to maintain its functionality as a state in spite of all the millions that are looted either directly or indirectly from the nation's coffers 'on the go'. Put some other countries in the same shoes as nigeria and i bet they'd crumble within a decade / become forever enslaved to the Bretton woods institutions -the West's financial enslavement tools ie your world bank, imf and all that. One can only imagine what heights the Nigerian space would have attained if say for instance corruption was (ie in the 70s, 80s, 90s)/ is (ie today) on the lowside. The reasons why nigeria is/ will forever have that 'huge potentials for a prosperous nation' tag is really not far-fetched. Sadly the youth is more interested in throwing banters and tribally/religiously-inspired slurs at each other. One or two respondents above me have even attempted tribalize the thread by trying to rope in a particular ethnicity to the man just like many instantly do on here.
The unfortunate thing is nothing will happen to oronsanye as he is evidently a jonathan man-friday. He will not even be investigated and even if he eventually is, the investigation will not see the light of the day; it will be watered-down instead; then the corruption cycle will continue. There will of course be "federal character" among the bunch who'll share the bootie as is normally the case. We need to spend more time looking at/devising ways to get at the REAL ENEMY
I tell you bro! You said it all! Nigeria can never be good until the youths wake up from their slumber! Any youth who thinks that dividing this country would make their region become paradise is a simpleton, guess who will still rule over your region? Yeah, the same abuja politicians.

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by size38: 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
Am not surprise though. because PDP don dey steal our billions since 1999 till date
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by just2endowed: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
the democracy we practice in nigeria allows looting and corruption to be active.

sorry.

The pension companies are also secretly looting nigerias pension money. when its time to pay, they will not pay u
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by OLADD: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: Orosanya is a Jonathan ally... I am not surprised

He is the same guy that embarrassed himself in a National TV during the Ribadu Subsidy Report....

[color=#006600][/color]

So the fact that he works in this administration automatically means he is Jonathan's ally. You can be much more objective than this and I am sure you know that. Condemning our fellow Nigerians without concrete evidence or reason can be prejudicial and ungodly. Remember it's written that the same measure might be given to you.
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by taharqa: 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
I thought the investigation was from 2005-2010 wen GEJ wasn't even President, and that was d same GEJ who, tru his AG, ordered d said investigation?? Why re sm ikpiis calling his name?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by logica(m): 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
topicalmaster:

This shows how ignorant many of you are. You just jump into conclusions. He is not Yoruba. He is from Edo State.
...and you don't seem to get it. The person you quoted did not bother to educate on where the Oronsaye really is from; but referred to the fact that the Yoruba would not shield him if he is indeed their own and is indicted (unlike a particular group).
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by bokohalal(m): 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
He should be charged forthwith and made to cough up all the money he stole if found guilty. The Oronsayes is a noble family and he should not bring the name and the Edos into disrepute.

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by OLADD: 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
besty211:

So damn true....Jonathan is a complete daft.
[color=#006600][/color]

And you are so happy and fulfilled abusing your president in this manner? Remember the law of recompense. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
topicalmaster:

This is how you fail because of your inability to comprehend elementary English. I never said he is Yoruba, but might be a Yoruba. Go back to my comment and see where I used the word, might.
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by chukxie(m): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
No amount of corruption surprises me in Nigeria. No amount of pilfering by public office holders in Nigeria surprises me. Nothing surprises me as long as Nigeria is concerned. That incriminating audit report is going to shredded and forgotten, and that thief is not only going to enjoy his ill - gotten wealth but he will flaunt it for everyone to see. And hell, no one will prosecute him! This is Nigeria: The land where corruption thrives unabated! Welcome to Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by OLADD: 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
edogirl2: Oga Oronsaye is from Edo State. The man is a disgrace if these allegations are true.

The big issue now is, how do we wrestle Nigeria from this President?

A President whose inner circle includes big time fraudsters, alleged sponsors of terrorism, Niger Delta hoodlums etc

And to think that in a few months, millions of the same ordinary people who have suffered the most under Mr Jonathan's reigns will still queue in scorching sun to vote for Mr Jonathan, all because of tribal allegiance.

It beggars belief.
[color=#006600][/color]

Really? Are you claiming to be more Nigerian than the millions clamouring for his reelection? Are you really sincere that Jonathan has made life unbearable for the masses? Be careful so that God will not use your words against you. This president is the best compared to his predecessors and that is a fact.

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by Agborman(m): 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
donlemson: Too bad. Dis is ordinary stealing. D president wil knw (GEJ) it is our money.
yes ooh. It is mere stealing and not corruption so I won't be surprised if he goes unpunished cos our legal system gives room for soft landing wen the money involved in an investigation runs into billions
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by Trailblazer1(m): 4:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
edogirl2:

Interesting...after yet another billion dollar fraud, you can only drag your conscience to the level of being 'disappointed' in this horrible man of a President?

However good life is for you, surely the plight of millions of fellow country men and women who can barely afford one meal a day would prick your conscience to muster even the tiniest degree of anger at these heartless, horrible, conceited and evil looters?

I am really disappointed that GEJ allowed this kind of corruption with impunity under his administration, not because the opposition and even YOU calling for his head are saints, but I expected a change from the usual norm of corruption in our govt.
IF YOU CAN CONFIDENTLY SAY I HAVE NEVER BEEN INVOLVED IN ANY ACT THAT AMOUNTS TO CORRUPTION THEN BE THE FIRST TO QUOTE ME.

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by OLADD: 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
fairheven:
Can we just stop this nonsense!this is just an indictment for God sake! An he has not been convicted by any court of law,and besides,corruption is not akin to any tribe or group,it is just a state of mind and that cuts accros tribalism.
[color=#006600][/color]

Be rest assured they will not stop. But they shall all be rewarded for judging without concrete evidence. Those who derive pleasure in abusing their president at reckless abandon should expect the same measure in their leadership positions

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by Gistdutch: 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
[b][/b]
OrlandoOwoh:
Yes, he might be Yoruba, the last thing you will see or hear is a Yoruba supporting or shielding him like Igbo people will always do.
The full name is STEVE OSAGIEDE ORONSAYE from EDO STATE. Google is always your friend when in doubt. That apart until we deal with tribalism and religionism this country will move forward.
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by OLADD: 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
obailala: Thank God nobody has come out to foolishly defend the man or castigate Premium Times for this expose... I am quite sure however that this my joy may be short lived.. Some dolts would soon myopically interpret this report as an assault on Jonathan's good administration and therefore take it upon themselves to defend the man..
[color=#006600][/color]

LoL It's amazing you're thanking God for a mere media report. No wonder many pray but are not answered because they pray amiss. Will you also thank God if a report emanates from the press about your parents and the whole world begin to condemn without substance?
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by eazeefix: 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
He is from Edo
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by Gistdutch: 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
oilyyariba: Another yolaba fraudster!
Point of correction the full name is Steve Osagaiede Orosanya from EDO STATE. When in doubt google is always your friend. That apart irrespective of his tribe this is a condeminable act.
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by ThimmyWood(m): 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
As a man from the west, if truly this man is from the west then he deserves to face capital punishment. At least we from the west do not support or shield corrupt official from our side unlike our brethren from the other end of the Niger who are synonymous with the phrase ''He is our own'' and so must not be probed.

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by OLADD: 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
taharqa: I thought the investigation was from 2005-2010 wen GEJ wasn't even President, and that was d same GEJ who, tru his AG, ordered d said investigation?? Why re sm ikpiis calling his name?
[color=#006600][/color]

God bless you sir. At least we have a reasonable person here.

2 Likes

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by coolcharm(m): 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
In 18 months... This gentle looking 'national treasury looting mouse' and his mice army presided over financial malpractice to the tune of about 1.5 trillion Naira (in loots and kickbacks)! Chai! People get mind sha!

In a civil service that stinks of decay and corruption, what should we expect? I once heard a mid level civil servant swear bitterly at his director because kickback from a certain 'chwa-chwa' didnt trickle down to him. He said, and i quote 'this oga too stingy. e dey chop alone... Anyway, e get less than 2 years to retire make we install our government. Na to wait... God go punish am!' unquote.

I strongly believe this 'ozil -eyes like' head of service must have held similar opinion about his former superiors... Hence when his turn came he didnt think twice about activating the CTRL + CHOP button. Lolzz

This goes to show that most of our processes are flawed. Pensions are not paid and no one gives a danm about it, retirment benefits are pinned down and no one cares!

Huge sums of money are deposited by individuals into personal accounts and banks are happy they are doing good business instead of alerting security agencies to thoroughly profile the individual and trace the route such monies have travled.. No wonder terrorism is gaining ground!

Hmm... The gentle man didnt want to fall short of status quo joor... Na only him waka come? Lolzz.

But i am sorry my innocent and beloved country fell into the wrong hands... Since 1914 and help is not in sight!
Wouldn't we rather take active steps in shaping our own lives?

3 Likes

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by obailala(m): 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
OLADD: [color=#006600][/color]

LoL It's amazing you're thanking God for a mere media report. No wonder many pray but are not answered because they pray amiss. Will you also thank God if a report emanates from the press about your parents and the whole world begin to condemn without substance?
I am thanking God not because of the report, but because no one has come out as an unsolicited attorney to take sides with the suspect based on political affiliations...

It isn't a new thing on this forum and in Nigeria lately that whenever a government official is accused, a lot of people prematurely jump in his defence because they always interpret the allegations as an assault on GEJ.
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by victorv12(m): 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
All those greedy old men and women working in the Nigeria civil service are too corrupt. They're all incompetent. They destroy the state from within. Pot bellied old theives! Those old rascals knows how to hide their stolen loot in an analogue way that can't be traced. It's so unfortunate!
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
Nigeria a country where anything goes. That's a lot of money!

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by obailala(m): 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
explorer1906: I'm sure you will be aspiring for greatness in future,but you allow sentiment to cloud your reasoning by not seeing things in two dimensions. jonathan's administration is tagged the worst because he has been able to uncover many fraudulent acts that others did not have the heart to, this issue has nothing to do with Jonathan because this man of AG should know that he is the cause of heart attack,hypertension and even the death of the pensioners, this man of AG is an agent of a system that wish others misery.

Really? shocked

Please tell us about it.

Whether you like it or not, Jonathan will go down in history as the ONLY president who instead of dissociating himself from scandals (like his predecessors did), rather takes responsibility and even goes ahead to defend corrupt people openly...

There are 3 main reasons why there are several exposed cases of corruption under this regime:
1. The sheer number of heists perpetrated in this regime trumps all other regimes in Nigeria, even enemies of the president have the liberty to loot. It is only logical that with the magnitude if embezzlement going on, more cases would be exposed.
2. Nigerians are gradually becoming more vigilant and speaking out against cases of corruption and the social media boom makes it difficult to gag the masses.
3. The fact that no one is punished but rather perpetrators are defended by the president makes embezzlement an attractive trade for every iidiot to freely engage in. That's why we currently have even militants flying around in private jets.

I have always said that the amount of looted public funds in the past 4 years exceeds what was looted from Nigeria from 1979 till 2010.

3 Likes

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by Faposky95: 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
Wit al dat white hair,shey na for wives or concubines u dey shave dis country? God no get una time or else d punishment na to gay u for street by mad man.
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by deScifa(m): 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
OLADD: [color=#006600][/color]

My guy, take it easy. You might be totally disenchanted with the president and his administration but a certain degree of decorum is expected from us as citizens when national issues are been discussed. Using such disparaging words against the president as encapsulated in your post does not depict responsibility. The fact that we can all freely express our thoughts on nairaland is a plus for GEJ's administration and such freedom shouldn't be an albatross for him as the president. This is just a report coming from a medium known for anti-govt antecedent, let's wait for the appropriate authority to accept or counter it before passing judgement. Please.

What kinda yeye decorum.....we are in a democracy for crying out loud....any one can express their views for and against the president....people expressed their views openly against OBJ so what kinda yeye plus is freedom of expression for GEJ....i think we should not allow ethnic sentiment, political affiliation and material gain over ride our sense of good judgement. Lets call a spade a spade....Nigeria as a state nor the office of the president of Nigeria has never been this ridiculed.

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by RoyalRoy(m): 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

ThimmyWood: As a man from the west, if truly this man is from the west then he deserves to face capital punishment. At least we from the west do not support or shield corrupt official from our side unlike our brethren from the other end of the Niger who are synonymous with the phrase ''He is our own'' and so must not be probed.

Background

Stephen Osagiede Oronsaye was born in Lagos on November 16, 1950. His parents were from Uhunmwonde and Oredo Local Council Areas in Edo State. Oronsaye trained with the firm of Peat Marwick Cassleton Elliot (1973–1978), and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1978. He became a Partner of the firm in 1989. He joined the Federal Ministry of Finance in December 1995, as Director, Special Duties. Oronsaye was responsible for the merger of the Administrative and Accounting functions of the offices of the State House, computerization of processes and procedures of the State House, Personnel records, Accounts and Access controls for the offices.[1]

In 1999 he was appointed Principal Private Secretary to President Olusegun Obasanjo, a position equivalent to Federal Permanent Secretary.[3] He was confirmed as Permanent Secretary, State House, an unusual appointment since he was not a civil servant.[4] In 2006, Oronsaye headed the committee on the review of the Civil Service Rules and Financial Regulations.[1] He was appointed Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Finance on August 20, 2008.[5]

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Background

Stephen Osagiede Oronsaye was born in Lagos on November 16, 1950. His parents were from Uhunmwonde and Oredo Local Council Areas in Edo State. Oronsaye trained with the firm of Peat Marwick Cassleton Elliot (1973–1978), and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1978. He became a Partner of the firm in 1989. He joined the Federal Ministry of Finance in December 1995, as Director, Special Duties. Oronsaye was responsible for the merger of the Administrative and Accounting functions of the offices of the State House, computerization of processes and procedures of the State House, Personnel records, Accounts and Access controls for the offices.[1]

In 1999 he was appointed Principal Private Secretary to President Olusegun Obasanjo, a position equivalent to Federal Permanent Secretary.[3] He was confirmed as Permanent Secretary, State House, an unusual appointment since he was not a civil servant.[4] In 2006, Oronsaye headed the committee on the review of the Civil Service Rules and Financial Regulations.[1] He was appointed Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Finance on August 20, 2008.[5]
I never said he is Yoruba, but might be, in response to a forumite that called him Yoruba to spite Yoruba people. Note my use of "might."
Re: INVESTIGATION: AG Report Indicts Oronsaye For N123B Alleged Fraud by RoyalRoy(m): 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I never said he is Yoruba, but might be, in response to a forumite that called him Yoruba to spite Yoruba people. Note my use of "might."

Yes I know. I get your point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Receives £90bn Stolen Funds From Nigeria, African Countries Yearly / Kano Cancer Treatment Centre Built By Kano Govt Commissioned By Buhari / Amosun Declares Support For Buhari, Debunks Defection Rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.