Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:42 AM

Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) (55318 Views)

Indomie's Noodles Advert: "Mama Do Good O! And To Me! To You! Your Comparism? / I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies / Indomie Advert Is The Best Advert On Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by khiaa(f): 1:09am On Sep 18, 2014
DICKtator: I don't understand

Why use a rewinder then when there was the rewind button? undecided undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin

This is what I was saying also. Apparently they made vcr's without the rewind installed, which is new to me.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by khiaa(f): 1:32am On Sep 18, 2014
BlackSwede: Found this in my villa. cheesy

I do know well many have not seen these items let alone watched or listened to them. Only the 70's to the 80's crew must have.

So much advancement with time.

Oya wey d back-in-the-days crooners? how many of una fit mention 2 lead actors abi bozz for this film without asking google? grin
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by khiaa(f): 1:37am On Sep 18, 2014
BlackSwede: Found this in my villa. cheesy

I do know well many have not seen these items let alone watched or listened to them. Only the 70's to the 80's crew must have.

So much advancement with time.

Oya wey d back-in-the-days crooners? how many of una fit mention 2 lead actors abi bozz for this film without asking google? grin

My mom has those albums in her collection, I love Carribean Queen, and my father loved to watch Sylvester Stalone, I miss my dad sad.

2 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by prof800(m): 2:28am On Sep 18, 2014
texanomaly:

I never knew that a VCR ever came without a rewind button. Am I missing something? undecided

No one will let you rewind with the VCR. It is (or was) very slow, plus there is no 'light' NEPA, and it spoils the tape. We used to say it makes the tape dirty.

Just put a small match stick into the tiny hole in the tape and use your KNIFE as gizmo to rotate the teeths of the tape anticlockwise. VOILA.! You are rewinding it. Or simply use the device from the OP.

cc: khiaa and other diasporians.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by RoyalRoy(m): 5:56am On Sep 18, 2014
khiaa:

This is what I was saying also. Apparently they made vcr's without the rewind installed, which is new to me.

There was always a rewind button on the video players BUT it was slow and usually affects the play head of the video (just like the lens in the DVD players). It makes it weak and hence the video eventually stops working.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by lomaxbien(m): 7:02am On Sep 18, 2014
grin grin grin
child hood hero,remember who dis is? wink

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by BlackSwede(m): 7:44am On Sep 18, 2014
khiaa:

My mom has those albums in her collection, I love Carribean Queen, and my father loved to watch Sylvester Stalone, I miss my dad sad.

She must really love music smiley.
Don't worry, near or far, Dad's got ur back. wink

I loved carribean queen too. I rocked Run DMC a lot, running man and those wicked dance moves from the hit "Girl you know its True" - Milli Vanilli cheesy
It was all fun then.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by BlackSwede(m): 7:45am On Sep 18, 2014
lomaxbien: grin grin grin
child hood hero,remember who dis is? wink

Doctor WHO grin

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by eminex(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Lol...definitely not.
So teens are the indomie generation?

You said there is still Bacchus? I heard dey rebranded sometime, but I haven't seen it in the market since then.

Yeah teens are.

u can still get it. just ask d store attendant...
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by tomiobj(m): 9:10am On Sep 18, 2014
SMALLPENIS: I was just ransacking my old room in my family house and I found these grin
indomie generation would never guess right what they are used for.

So my fellow Nlanders,do you remember? grin
ermmm ps1 nd dualshock 0
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by omaolowo(m): 9:46am On Sep 18, 2014
Here are some "Live" Pictures - taken moments ago....

I am a Grandfather: so talking about "Indomine Generation Babies" brought some smiles to my toothless gum grin

For me to be able to have these gadgets in the house right now speaks volumes about how God has been wonderful in my life

I will be right back with the flesh of the story of these gadgets. I had to "consult far and wide" before I could get to attaching these pictures . I want to first confirm if the pictures will be uploaded successfully to my audience (who were mostly probably not born when these black and white Tv sets were bought!!

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by naptu2: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2014
Does anybody remember this?

Hint - a white dot going back and forth.

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by naptu2: 10:39am On Sep 18, 2014
Then came happiness.

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by naptu2: 10:41am On Sep 18, 2014
Radiogram. Ours was so big that I could hide in it when I got into trouble.

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by naptu2: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2014
Remember when you had to wait for like 30 minutes before you got dialling tone?

Remember when you could tell where a person lived just by looking at his phone number (68 = Ikoyi, 61 = V.I, 63 = Lagos Island, 88 = Festac, 97 = Ikeja, etc)?

Remember when your phone was Temporarily Out of Service (TOS) for months?

Remember when you had to book international calls with the operator?

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by naptu2: 10:49am On Sep 18, 2014
smiley portable (battery powered) tv & radio.

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by naptu2: 10:55am On Sep 18, 2014
Haha. We called them cartridges.

8 track tape.

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by naptu2: 10:57am On Sep 18, 2014
And, of course, this.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by omaolowo(m): 11:14am On Sep 18, 2014
I am happy that the pictures were duly uploaded!

Some background (or useful) information...
I served in the NYSC in 1975 under 3 Heads of States (Oh Yes!) We had Gen Yakubu Gowon at the beginning of our mobilisation/orientation. He did not come back early enough from his July 29, 1975 trip to Kampala, Uganda where he went for the then OAU Heads of State meeting... Then Gen Ramat Muhammed took over in August. Shortly after his creation of states in Feb 1976, he fell to the hail of bullets from Lt Col Dimka. That was on on 13 Feb 1976. Gen Olusegun Obasanjo, "against his personal wishes and desires" took on the reins of power.

I served in the then East Central State: an area, which as at the last count, now consists of FIVE states of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo. (I am told more states will follow!)

We were paid a monthly allowance of N80 (Eighty Naira only) at the beginning service year - this was an improvement on our predecessors' N60 per month!! But our set was LUCKY in many ways than one. Before long, we were told "Udoji" affected us. Our monthly stipend got a trajectory leap to N120 (One Hundred and Twenty naira): they even back-dated the effective date and a hefty arrears were added

In July 1976, I was thus bouyant enough to buy the four legged Tv set. It is National product. (This was years ahead of Sanyo). But I installed it to adorn my Father's parlour (Sitting Room). You can imagine the pride and contentment of my Dad.... The 'doors' were usually slid shut upon end of the nightly vision

In 1978, I bought the TATUNG Table Top Tv (Oh, boy!) for my own use. The cost then was N100 (less 10% discount). Just N90 - net! I was then fully prepared to getting married... cheesy

For those who may want to be curious, I deliberately put those PEPSI 29 cc bottles atop the Tv set in that picture... Very soon I shall show pictures of what "gallons" were in the days of yore..... The engine oil gallons then were made of tin: and were of FIVE litres. More on these later.

Now let us fast forward and move into the present....

My Father has since died. (Hence the 1976 Tv set is now with me - for keeps)
My children have both grown up and are having families of their own
My wife and I are both retired: and are growing old - gracefully..

To say the least, God has been so wonderful in our lives.
I added the picture of the PLASMA Tv to show the trend Thirty Year trend (1976 to 2006) of Tv Viewing.

Oh Boy, we have seen it all...

All our thanks go to God Almighty

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by MASAKAR(m): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2014
D first one is Rewinder
D second is Video cassette
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Johnnny(m): 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
Our generation then was actually the brigde between the Stone-Age and the Jet-Age

Its really nice to know that there are some of us nairalanders who are above the 35year age group.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by olajide8(m): 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
naptu2: And, of course, this.
my my i watch television on this kind of TV in the mid 80's i was even looking for this palstic colour paper to make it coloured until our things came in - we had to start tropicalizing our TV as we coldnt get any station - thank GOD for Grundiq or is it philips at Ojota
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by kika23(f): 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2014

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Osomo: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
Gun were the Gud old days. I remember buying a colour foil Nylon to cover our black and white TV to make it colour TV. It was a real world. May God help us.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by naptu2: 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
olajide8:
my my i watch television on this kind of TV in the mid 80's i was even looking for this palstic colour paper to make it coloured until our things came in - we had to start tropicalizing our TV as we coldnt get any station - thank GOD for Grundiq or is it philips at Ojota

Yes! I also had a Solid State Grundig.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by tonididdy(m): 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mehm memories and how peaceful life was then

All we have left now is Hate

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by naptu2: 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
Has Nepa cut the power, or do you want to have a picnic in the garden? No problem. 3 or 4 Berec batteries and this and you're good to go (mine also had an MW band radio).

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Eddy2cute(m): 7:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hahahahahahahah lolSssss I remember using it to rewind living in bondage and nneka the pretty serpent
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
prof800:

No one will let you rewind with the VCR. It is (or was) very slow, plus there is no 'light' NEPA, and it spoils the tape. We used to say it makes the tape dirty.

Just put a small match stick into the tiny hole in the tape and use your KNIFE as gizmo to rotate the teeths of the tape anticlockwise. VOILA.! You are rewinding it. Or simply use the device from the OP.

cc: khiaa amd other diasporians.
You are a true son of your generation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Shine1177: 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
naptu2: Haha. We called them cartridges.

8 track tape.
I remember how my dad use to enjoy himself playing those cartridge in his Morris (Marina) car. How time flies?

1978 Morris Marina

2 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Tgirl4real(f): 12:30am On Sep 19, 2014
prof800:
I hated it!

Ah!

I was the youngest at home then and my elder ones would ALWAYS ask me to do the rewinding... cry huh!

Those dudes can watch the same movie over again one million times. Then they'll ask prof800 to rewind "Equalizer 2000" and "Hard Way the only way" while watching "evil dead"for the billionth time. Frustrating. angry It made me develop hatred for re-watching movies to this day. angry Once I've seen a movie, that's it. Nothing will make me want to see it again cos I don't want to rewind it with this:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1706406_vhswinderf_jpegb00a0da0131b803a32c3aeeb765c9800

...before we bought this we used to use KNIFE to do the rewinding. angry angry sad

OMG!!! This is so true. grin grin grin

What happened then BTW? Is it that VHS don't have rewind and fast forward or they are usually spoilt? Hehehehe
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Tgirl4real(f): 12:37am On Sep 19, 2014
prof800:

cc: khiaa amd other diasporians.

Hahahahaha

This is the answer to my question. I remember very well now. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Mike 'Tacha Has Body Odour' / Tboss Reacts To Being Put Up For Eviction, Blasts Efe And Bisola / Mr Macaroni Reacts To Sabinus Winning The AMVCA Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.