Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,049 members, 7,933,513 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 08:28 AM

President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate (17990 Views)

Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges / • B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential / Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by AdeniyiA(m): 4:33am On Sep 16, 2014
Ukutsgp: pls the man is building this country. just allow him to finish his good work. ok.
Building elitists and corruption empire? undecided
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 4:40am On Sep 16, 2014
ddeola: I dey laff. "as they claimed that no member of the party as at today has the chance to beat the opposition than President Jonathan." grin grin grin
grin cheesy cheesy That line is funny. An even funnier one is "Lamido cannot defeat any Northern candidate from the APC" grin
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by goodgood2(m): 4:42am On Sep 16, 2014
cwitch:
Will you endure another 4years of Jonathan?
Endure what? I'm enjoying. If you're not enjoying, it's because you've decided not to see the good things this man has brought.

Nigeria was in a hellish situation before Gej came. He has brought a new spirit into the system and things are gradually changing. In the face of "Northern cabalism", he's gradually giving a seemingly hopeless Nigeria hope, yet people are not realizing. (I know they'd start realizing the kind of fresh air and spirit Gej has brought after he leaves office).

Nigerians expected a quick fix, a miracle. Yeah, it's being played out in slow mo. If you want to fix a badly damaged equipment, you need to be patient, you need to take time and fix the various components.

Some say, Nigeria was damaged beyond repair. Yeah, that's true. But Gej has brought hope that Nigeria can be fixed.

Give him more time and see what would happen. Again, pray that God brings a good man to succeed him in 2019. #ChangeIsComingGradually

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Billygee2u: 4:43am On Sep 16, 2014
ijigaparadox: My country is so sick... From the people down to leadership. This is a president that increased fuel price from N65 to N141 inflicting pains on the mmasses and causing inflation in the country. This is a man that has encouraged corruption in the country by stealing and allocating huge national resources to manage his kitchen and presidential jet. He has haboured and protected corrupt politicians in his government and has given the courage to corrupt Nigerians without been questioned (Petroleum minister & Stella who left against his will). This is a man that

due to his inability to take decision and been always confused as a leader has lead to the growth of insurgency in the country of which thousands are now orphans and widows.(may be because your relative or yourself has not
been blasted by bomb).. This is a man that goes
about dancing after a serious national tragedy in the name of campaigning for his party.
Clearly, this is somebody that is not capable of leading Nigeria as the country has recorded the highest level of atrocities under his reign. Think about the little chibok girls, the deaths occurring daily in the north for the fact that he
is the President. I think it is time we Christians

give power back to the north as it is injustice to have lead the country for 8 yrs under obasanjo and 6 years under Jonathan with just 3 years under yaradua whom is a true leader. put yourself in their position, how would you feel. trust me your will feel enslaved. Avoid
sentiments and face the truth. I pity for the

people that without thinking about their future
and the future of their children go about posting GEJ till 2019 because of religion. I am a proud Christian and would not support GEJ because he is a Christian because I know our loving Jesus Christ would be happy having a

good leader for us that would bring light unto
his children irrespective of religion. Think about
this.... and pray for a God given and fearing
leader to govern us. GEJ is not worth it. Think

about your future.
who you are and where you are from is e
asily detected

from the tune of your post ,everyone knowns
also that you are nothing but a hypocrite who sees nothing positive but negative

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by XOXmedia: 4:46am On Sep 16, 2014
ncChigo: eyaa, i feel bad 4 my fellow nigerians. we are so used 2 bad leadership that we no longer have d courage 2 try something new

what is something new?

Buhari or atiku?

Or the rebranded pdp protestants now hiding under the name apc?

My dear, everyone of them is selfish. You just have to cast your vote for the person you believe in. Chikena.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by goodgood2(m): 4:48am On Sep 16, 2014
tinkinjow: Whenever gej decide to declsre, the pain will hit hard at certain quarters
My charity organization will make pain-killers available to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Kanwulia: 4:51am On Sep 16, 2014
More tithes to OBJ and Anenih.. . . . . . .the sole beneficiaries. kiss

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Owoplenty(m): 4:54am On Sep 16, 2014
That is good news for apc.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by mrofficial(m): 4:54am On Sep 16, 2014
Certainly, another 4 years of backwardness for Nigeria.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Oringo1: 5:07am On Sep 16, 2014
;DChai!!!! Even fresh air don reach PDP leadership and their governors....

Abeg...GEJ till we can generate 50,000 mega watt

I Love this man.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by shrek4(m): 5:14am On Sep 16, 2014
Hello!

My comment is subject to criticism, but keep it responsible and intellectual.

The major problem we face in this country is corruption. Yes, its an apparent fact! Even among the so called "masses", Yoruba call it 'Atenuje'. That exactly is what I see on this thread. Yeah! You have d freedom of association and expression, but what about your instincts?! Are you fighting for a cause that will bring curse from your offsprings' generations?!

Am not gonna incite any organisation, group or political party. Have been warned... Am an activist, when I say activist, I don't mean an e-noisemaker, am actively fighting for what I believe in!

The same government that made/makes life unbearable for 70% of its citizens?
The same government that sees fund embezzlement as ordinary 'theft'?

Isn't it time you stand and fight for what's right?!
What do you want to be remembered for??
Nigeria is on a crash course... Yet, you believe this same set of hogswarts should be re-instated? I question ur sanity.

Education doesn't prove enlightenment.

A whole lot of you should travel outside Nigeria, oh! Plz, experience civilization and spend time away from AIT and STV.

Our dear country is lagging behind.

We must revolt! We have to fight back, yes, we are ready to die for the right thing. My father failed to act, I won't let my own children live in dis situation. I am willing to lay my life for a better Nigeria.

We are the future of this country, make an impact and be remembered for who you are.

Stop living on crumbs from these tyrants.
You deserve more. Fight for it.
We are the majority, they are few, fight against them and we will win.

You want a change? Start with the man in the mirror.

That NIGERIA is possible!

God bless NIGERIA!

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Meritl: 5:19am On Sep 16, 2014
Jonathan carry on.

We who are for you, are much more than those against you.
Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by shrek4(m): 5:28am On Sep 16, 2014
With due respect, comparing 'this man' with the likes of Martin Luther King Jr., Mandela, Ghandi and Obama is a grave insult, which should be punishable by death!

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 5:54am On Sep 16, 2014
Billygee2u:
who you are and where you are from is e
asily detected

from the tune of your post ,everyone knowns
also that you are nothing but a hypocrite who sees nothing positive but negative
I am not but I cherish equality, justice and righteousness....
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Jman06(m): 6:32am On Sep 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

Great. Now look at it again. ^
Does it now matter if it is presidential or gubernatorial election? The last I checked, same law applied to both.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by shiffynaani(m): 6:46am On Sep 16, 2014
A vote for jonathan is a vote for another 4 consecutive years of continuous muder of our people,maiming of our people,kidnapping of our beloved ones.A vote for another four years of starvation,poverty ridding country,unemployment.My people,be wise! The power is in our hands...let us all vote this INCOMPETENT administration out come 2015.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by obiscolly(m): 7:50am On Sep 16, 2014
Ceasar1:

A Republic Biafra?
Is that what your peanut brain can only think of? undecided
I see you're too dull to get the joke. No need of wasting words on you.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Enahi(f): 7:54am On Sep 16, 2014
I have a feeling APC's Presidential candidate is going to be Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State,but I don't have an idea who his Vice is going to be.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Ukutsgp(m): 8:27am On Sep 16, 2014
papiforreal:

which good work pls??
look around u very well. u will see it.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Ukutsgp(m): 8:29am On Sep 16, 2014
motherlode:
do you mean he is the van gaal of Nigeria?. Uhn
no. he is d Mandela of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 16, 2014
modestdude: Same way nobody knew whether Jona will eventually run until now (that's if the news is anything to go by). What if APC settles for Okorocha to be their presidential flagbearer? Then, will he be charged of the same offence you are charging jona for? The beauty of the Ads which doesn't contravene the law is that they are from non political party groups and they are exercising their FOI. The FOI shouldn't only make sense to you when GEJ is abused on national dailies, internet and Tv stations. We already know where you are... So save us your attention seeking revolutionary antics

No one knew if Jona would run? Don't pretend to be an idíot, please. Just because he was simpering like a woman playing hard to get doesn't mean the world didn't know he was planning to run. So spare me the pretense.

That's the problem with people like you. Satisfied with the rot that is the Nigerian government out of misplaced patriotism. But my patriotism is for Nigeria and the Nigerian people. Not the plundering thieves that pass her back and forth as they take turns violating her.

If my passion for Nigeria is what you call attention-seeking, no one is asking you to look. Face the wall.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 16, 2014
Jman06: Does it now matter if it is presidential or gubernatorial election? The last I checked, same law applied to both.

And which of them was the subject of my discussion with TFCFan? I know who can do it. Start from the beginning of the conversation you interrupted.

"Does it now matter?" YOU changed the subject with your APC bashing frenzy. So quick to throw darts, you missed where I said that I am disgusted by both parties, huh? Scroll back and look for it.

Next time you decide to interrupt a conversation and start throwing accusations, make sure you actually understand what is being discussed and what the positions are of the participants. Or you'll look like a fool.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 16, 2014
cwitch: • B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!!
President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate.

The Leadership and Governors of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has unanimously adopted President Goodluck Jonathan as their presidential candidate in the February 14, 2015 election.

The party agreed on this in principle, as they claimed that no member of the party as at today has the chance to beat the opposition than President Jonathan.
They added that their main motive agreeing to Re-Elect President Goodluck Jonathan is to keep the PDP united as the party confronts the opposition in 2015.

One of the rumoured aspirants, Governor Sule Lamido's ambition has been shelved as the party believes that the Jigawa state chief executive has little chance against any of the APC Northern aspiring presidential candidates.
Party secretariat claimed that the governors baggage will ultimately undermine his chances at the polls.

PDP believes that President Goodluck Jonathan strategically delayed the date announcing date for his intention to run for the position of the President of Nigeria. - Hope For Nigeria.
-------------------------------------------------
Will you vote for him?

For sure!!!
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by modestdude(m): 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

No one knew if Jona would run? Don't pretend to be an idíot, please. Just because he was simpering like a woman playing hard to get doesn't mean the world didn't know he was planning to run. So spare me the pretense.

That's the problem with peope like you. Satisfied with the rot that is the Nigerian government out of misplaced patriotism. But my patriotism is for Nigeria and the Nigerian people. Not the plundering thieves that pass her back and forth as they take turns violating her.

If my passion for Nigeria is what you call attention-seeking, no one is asking you to look. Face the wall.
i don't blame you at all coz you don't know that last minute compromise is possible, to assuage the frayed nothern nerves. Thats partly what the insurgency was designed to achieve. So i wasn't stupid when i said nobody knew he will finally decide to run. Atleast am on ground to know the tension in the land unlike you who is running mouth from a self imposed exile and who foolishly thinks with a brainwashed brain that picking a foreign accent will sway our heads in your so called foolish revolutionary course

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by londoner: 2:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
smithsammy: I'm keeping that decision till next year. Let us see who the progressive party is going to field.

Good decision.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
modestdude: i don't blame you at all coz you don't know that last minute compromise is possible, to assuage the frayed nothern nerves. Thats partly what the insurgency was designed to achieve. So i wasn't stupid when i said nobody knew he will finally decide to run. Atleast am on ground to know the tension in the land unlike you who is running mouth from a self imposed exile and who foolishly thinks with a brainwashed brain that picking a foreign accent will sway our heads in your so called foolish revolutionary course

What is your problem?

Edit: Never mind I understand what you are. You're one of the thieves, or you work for one, waiting for your turn.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Wealthlex(m): 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
With dis light dat i m enjoying i can say much.janatha
MurphyInc: Even Fresher air... I'm sorry for you all.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Jman06(m): 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

And which of them was the subject of my discussion with TFCFan? I know who can do it. Start from the beginning of the conversation you interrupted.

"Does it now matter?" YOU changed the subject with your APC bashing frenzy. So quick to throw darts, you missed where I said that I am disgusted by both parties, huh? Scroll back and look for it.

Next time you decide to interrupt a conversation and then you can start throwing accusations, make sure you actually understand what is being discussed and what the pos itions are of the participants. Or you'll look like a fool.
Your bias against the ruling party and the president was clearly shown in your post which I quoted above. In case you don't know, once a topic is posted on here as a thread, it becomes a subject for public discuss, hence always expect to be quoted when your opinion does not go down well with someone. If you want to engage in a private chat, you can always send the person a pm. Like I said earlier, I have grown past the stage of throwing tantrums at a total stranger on a social medium like this.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by bigcycs: 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
Unfortunately the APC as currently constituted doesn't offer much hope in terms of a desirable alternative to the current quality of rulership in place.

If they are serious about challenging pdp at the polls , they would field fashola , and anyother candidate for vice .

Atiku , buhari , no matter what their intentions for Nigeria might be, if any, they won't cut it .

Nigeria is a basket case . .....
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
Jman06: Your bias against the ruling party and the president was clearly shown in your post which I quoted above. In case you don't know, once a topic is posted on here as a thread, it becomes a subject for public discuss, hence always expect to be quoted when your opinion does not go down well with someone. If you want to engage in a private chat, you can always send the person a pm. Like I said earlier, I have grown past the stage of throwing tantrums at a total stranger on a social medium like this.

People like you are so BLIND. You only see what you want to see.

MissMeiya:
aljharem:

I don't think everyone is a TAN member o. Some just don't want Buhari a 71 yr old man and Tinubu a drug dealer to be the people ruling our country when their are younger people to do such.

[size=14pt]I despise them all.[/size] But if I had to chose [size=14pt]the lesser of two evils[/size], it wouldn't be GEJ, and it definitely wouldn't be with a smile.

Your reasoning is so one-dimensional. Yes or no. PDP or APC. Try and expand your mind to include other possibilities. Or are you a hired attack dog?

My issue is with the system. Do you understand the meaning of the word "incumbent"? "Sitting president"? Do you realize that the terms are not synonymous with PDP? Please, stop being a móron.

When you voluntarily insert yourself into a conversation, to blabber about things that are OFF-TOPIC, and start slinging dumb accusations stemming from your inability to read and comprehend, you have only yourself to blame for the reception you get.

Or did you just see 'GEJ' and start fumbling to respond, heart racing?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Jman06(m): 7:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

People like you are so BLIND. You only see what you want to see.

Your reasoning is so one-dimensional. Yes or no. PDP or APC. Try and expand your mind to include other possibilities. Or are you a hired attack dog?

My issue is with the system. Do you understand the meaning of the word "incumbent"? "Sitting president"? Do you realize that the terms are not synonymous with PDP? Please, stop being a móron.

When you voluntarily insert yourself into a conversation, to blabber about things that are OFF-TOPIC, and start slinging dumb accusations stemming from your inability to read and comprehend, you have only yourself to blame for the reception you get.

Or did you just see 'GEJ' and start fumbling to respond, heart racing?
My grouse was with your post which I quoted earlier. You made it look like though the president has been campaigning against the electoral guideline that prohibits political campaigns till 3 months to election, while using his power of incumbency to prevent other aspirants from campaigning. I didn't actually read all your posts before I quoted you and that's my bad. But don't expect not to be quoted in the manner in which I did when next you make an obnoxious comment like the one I quoted, even if it's in the midst of a "conversation". Anyways, no hard feelings. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by motherlode: 8:09am On Sep 17, 2014
Ukutsgp: no. he is d Mandela of Nigeria
ah, stay there make pant dey wear you for where buhari suit dey!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Won’t Address Fayemi As ‘honorable Minister,’ Reps Vow / Lauretta Onochie Blasts Shehu Sani, Says He Is ‘APC Disappointment’ / You’re Acting Opposition Script, Osinbajo Tells Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.