Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,536 members, 7,972,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:19 PM

Completely Superhuman - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Completely Superhuman (806 Views)

Oblivion: A State Of Being Completely Forgotten / OMG !! Jason Derulo Pose Completely Nak*d (pic) / Poetic Recount: The Day I Was Completely Devastated and Perplexed. By Emyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Completely Superhuman by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 16, 2014
Hello

My name"s Adeyemi Victory A.k.A fixgoo

Well have been on NL for sometime and have been
through different thread and write-ups here, and i
initially was feeling reluctant to share my story due to
the fact that am not a writer (neither do i aspire to be).
But i came to a conclusion today that am gonna share
it anyway,
am sure you might learn something from it.
Before i proceed, lemme stress the fact that am not a
PROFESSIONAL writer! I was never a literature or an art
student. Am strictly science!
For this cause, permit me to emphasise the fact that
you may come across errors and inadequate
grammatical and literal constructions as you read on!
Please do well to kindly correct me in any error i make.
I'll warmly accept and adhere to your critics.
Also, they maybe typos error, miss-spellings, as i
intend to be fast while i update this thread.
Please kindly bring to my notice corrections you'll like
to make.
Thanks!
Please kindly stay locked, as i proceed to start the
story below.
Before then, lemme give a brief into, (i don't know what
you writers call it, PROLOGUE i guess).
Re: Completely Superhuman by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 16, 2014
Welcome boss..
You are not a professional writer, but you will understand that
am= I'm.
So ,please, don't make that mistake.
Re: Completely Superhuman by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
ok,

Quick disclaimer
The events of this story are completely fiction.

Prologue (The last Highbreed)

Danle drew his Sabre, a flexible metallic sword. He stared at his junior half-brother as they began to move in a circle baring their weapons at each other. His brother Goro had a lance on his shoulder ready to strike. The eyes of the whole kingdom were now on them, whoever won would be next in line to inherit the throne.

The law was stupid, as the first son, he deserved exclusive right to become the heir and he was going to prove it. The crowd around the arena cheered as a giant leather drum sounded off to begin the fight.
Re: Completely Superhuman by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
Oya, let the fight begin.
Re: Completely Superhuman by drsolob2(m): 2:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
Divepen: Oya, let the fight begin.
No let the story begin.
Re: Completely Superhuman by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
drsolob2:
No let the story begin.
Lol...
Why?
Re: Completely Superhuman by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
Half past Midnight

Henry looked at his digital wristwatch, it was 00:30 in the night. He inhaled deeply as he pressed the big Cuban cigarette against his thick lips before sitting down on the bonnet of his Infinity jeep.

He typed a message 'The prey is in the trap' on his cellphone and left it without sending it, not yet he thought testing his finger on the dial button. his eyes scanned the empty street as the thought of his buyers not coming for their pickup, it would have been a waste of effort for him.

According to Operation Blacklight, he was the hawk - a weapons smuggler who ran guns for a lot of customers especially the Ezenu family. The Ezenu family was the most powerful organised crime syndicate in the state. The real hawk decided to work with the police by providing information, according to him, the only way they could bring down the family was to capture a prominent member.

Detective Henry had agreed to take the role and disguised of the hawk. It was the first time he was working alone in years. He relished the opportunity of not having to watch the back of a partner as they always stepped on his toes. The plan was a simple ambush. As soon as they came for the pickoff, he@ would send the message and a SWAT team hiding in the numerous multi-storeyed building around the area would disable them. If the enforcers didn't show up soon, they would have to hold off their plans.

His eyelids were forced closed after they were hit by bright light coming from a mini-bus as it tried to navigate the pot-hole ridden road before coming to a stop in front of him.

Five men alighted from the vehicle, each of them wearing a purple business suit on a brown khaki trouser, their leader Douglas also who wore a black bowler hat.

Douglas was clearly in his early fifties and was the heir to the family. he knew everything about the different business the family was into, he was the perfect fall man. Henry exchanged handshakes with him before receiving a suitcase from him. He opened it to see well stacked wads of naira notes and smiled satisfactorily.

"So where's the delivery?"asked Douglas before Henry beckoned on him to follow him to the Booth, his hand reached into his pocket and clicked the dial button sending the message.
:
He observed the position of the four men who were following their leader as they got to the booth, they were dead meat already. He opened the booth and brought out a .45 magnum revolver.

"What's that?" asked Douglas suspiciously, his henchmen were already bringing out Uzi automatic guns hidden under their coats but they weren't fast enough.

Bang.

Two shots flew in from the top of the opposite building sending one of the men sprawling across the floor with blood dripping from his chest. the others turned around leaving their leader unprotected and firing blindly at the building.

"Your doom" announced Henry after a short period of waiting before emptying the catridge on Douglas's lower body. Douglas managed to dive behind the car before some bullets etched into his kneel paralyzing him.

Henry overhead him requesting for help that they have been ambushed before a spherical object rolled over to where he was. He looked at it to know what it was, it was too late when he discovered it was a grenade.

Boom.

The explosion set part of the jeep on fire and sent him flying before he crashed against the road, his forehead throbbed as it smacked a piece of jagged piece of asphalt.

The remaining two henchmen hid behind the mini-bus and had stopped exchanging fire with the SWAT snipers who were on their way down.

Douglas groaned dragging his legs as he crawled beside Henry who was bleeding profusely and trying to say something. He picked up the revolver and pointed it at Henry with his hand on the trigger.

"How about I put you out of your misery as you put me in mine" The SWAT's were almost there.

He pulled the trigger.
Re: Completely Superhuman by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
I might as well go on a sabbatical from NL if my writing doesn't get better.
Re: Completely Superhuman by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
Fixgoo: I might as well go on a sabbatical from NL if my writing doesn't get better.
sabbatical to where, how will you know your writing has gotten better since you just started here.
I think the pronlem is you are writing more than stories at the same time
Re: Completely Superhuman by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 18, 2014
That's why I decided to end this, sorry pals.
Re: Completely Superhuman by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
Fixgoo: That's why I decided to end this, sorry pals.
Okay... When will you be back.
Re: Completely Superhuman by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Don't know I could learn a lot in a few weeks
Re: Completely Superhuman by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
You can learn from this event that is coming up next week.
Have you seen the E- Workshops for writers
https://www.nairaland.com/1897222/nairaland-e-workshop-writers-main

(1) (Reply)

Stories I'll Tell My Kids / . / Did You See Me? (A Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.