Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,594 members, 7,888,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:50 PM

Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? (5324 Views)

Guys, If Your Girlfriend Asks Bout This.... / My Marrying Ex-girlfriend Asks Me For Financial Support / Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
It is now prevalent to see women that unnecessarily demand for money from their men.

Guys in ABJ here will understand what I'm talking about. If a girl accepts to date you on Monday, her phone is likely to fall inside water or develope fault before Fridaygrin. She will be unreachable for a day or two then she will call you with a strange number to explain what happened and beg you for a new phone. Her house rent will expire the following week and she will expect you to pay for it. Some(students) even expect their bf to pay their school fees.

Y'know some of our girls have this mentality that a bf should take care of his gf's financial needs, which is crazy.

Some will say "If you love her then you will take care of her needs" but I think it’s foolish to be TOO generous with a woman who is perfectly content in exploiting your generosity.

Personally I evaluate a woman by how she handle her finances and her financial expectations of her man because the the RIGHT woman doesn’t WANT you to spend foolishly on her. She would want you to spend responsibly.

So guys, where do you draw the line when she asks for money? How much is too much?

5 Likes

Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
wel, it depend on d mood n hw loaded ayam, bt i tink i can give a gal any amonut of money she reqiures as long as is within my range...
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 10:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
sameer1212: wel, it depend on d mood n hw loaded ayam, bt i tink i can give a gal any amonut of money she reqiures as long as is within my range...
Wow............ What if she is just using you

Do you think it's right for girls to demand for money from their partners?

1 Like

Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Epathra(f): 10:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
I wld have said smth. Buh u seem specific for guys.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 16, 2014
Tallesty1: Wow............ What if she is just using you

yh i tink is nt dat bad if ur gal request frm u, bt it shld nt be a do or die affair,azing she shldnt take it dat is most for u todo it. doh i also prefare an indepent gals because dey no d value of money n wen u give den a little dey apreciate.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2014
Epathra: I wld have said smth. Buh u seem specific for guys.
Bring it on my dear, guys are mostly the ones that do the spending that's why I kinda directed the question to them.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by vizkiz: 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
yeah, i can give her cash, even though if am a lil broke...i do find lil cash for her.

There was a time she even told me, baby don't you think you are spoiling me??
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Odoemacyril(m): 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
Tallesty1: Wow............ What if she is just using you

der are meant 2 demand 4m dir parent BT smtim its Gud 2 assist her 4 her upkeep(its not compulsory oo) just 2 make sure DAT she is lukin Gud 4 u,..BT sm gal misunderstand dat
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by zeelo2014: 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
Back then when I was in sch, when a girl ask me for money, I tell her to meet her father or whoever sent her to sch.

2 Likes

Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Epathra(f): 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
Tallesty1: Bring it on my dear, guys are mostly the ones that do the spending that's why I kinda directed the question to them.
imo, girls that demand see it as a recompense for their wifely services or duties rendered. alarming demands is usually recorded in rel where intimacy is a norm.
for me, i believe smone who is matured to date u shld know when to come in at all times u dont have to ask him. His discretion shld tell him. besides, it's a relationship and not a job opportunity. so financial independence is key. Though birthdays n other fxnz mean much to us and we expext guyz to make it special, u shldnt go into debts doing that.
summary: Girls that do that are girls and not very wifely. overfamiliarity too can be a factor.

1 Like

Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by brownlords: 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
vizkiz: yeah, i can give her cash, even though if am a lil broke...i do find lil cash for her.

Wonderful
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by jmoore(m): 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
I have never been in that ship called relationship before. From observation, I have developed a mindset not to be a maga. I will spend when I marry her. She can manage the money from her parents while dating.

2 Likes

Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
sameer1212: yh i tink is nt dat bad if ur gal request frm u, bt it shld nt be a do or die affair,azing she shldnt take it dat is most for u todo it. doh i also prefare an indepent gals because dey no d value of money n wen u give den a little dey apreciate.
I understand it is not bad. You have answered my question anyways "You said there is no limit to the amount you can give if you have it". Right?
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
vizkiz: yeah, i can give her cash, even though if am a lil broke...i do find lil cash for her.

There was a time she even told me, baby don't you think you are spoiling me??
lols, what did you reply her?
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by brownlords: 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
Epathra:
imo, girls that demand see it as a recompense for their wifely services or duties rendered. alarming demands is usually recorded in rel where intimacy is a norm.
for me, i believe smone who is matured to date u shld know when to come in at all times u dont have to ask him. His discretion shld tell him. besides, it's a relationship and not a job opportunity. so financial independence is key. Though birthdays n other fxnz mean much to us and we expext guyz to make it special, u shldnt go into debts doing that.
summary: Girls that do that are girls and not very wifely. overfamiliarity too can be a factor.

Sorry are you married?
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by brownlords: 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
Epathra:

damn, and i'm not lucky with this kinda girls. if you are married, that man won jackpot
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
Odoemacyril: der are meant 2 demand 4m dir parent BT smtim its Gud 2 assist her 4 her upkeep(its not compulsory oo) just 2 make sure DAT she is lukin Gud 4 u,..BT sm gal misunderstand dat
This is right but how about asking you to pay her rent?
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
Tallesty1: I understand it is not bad. You have answered my question anyways "You said there is no limit to the amount you can give if you have it". Right?
yes
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by brownlords: 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
jmoore: I have never been in that ship called relationship before. From observation, I have developed a mindset not to be a maga. I will spend when I marry her. She can manage the money from her parents while dating.

moreover love don't cost a thing
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by tayoxx(m): 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
mine is simple o...If I have I give and if I don't omo no show o....I no b your papa....no b me send you con school wey I go dey pay your house rent
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 10:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
zeelo2014: Back then when I was in sch, when a girl ask me for money, I tell her to meet her father or whoever sent her to sch.
Bad Guy.

It is none of your businessgringringringrin
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by yuncka: 10:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
I will draw the line on my Cheque book. grin
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by vizkiz: 10:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
Tallesty1: lols, what did you reply her?

baby, if i don't spoil you...those guys will wanna seduce you with cash wink

1 Like

Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
Epathra:
You nailed it dear.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
brownlords:

Wonderful
Wonderfully wonderfulgrin
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
jmoore: I have never been in that ship called relationship before. From observation, I have developed a mindset not to be a maga. I will spend when I marry her. She can manage the money from her parents while dating.
lolz, u tink gals of nawadays can cope wit dis?
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
That ship has sailed some guys to the island of abject poverty

1 Like

Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by brownlords: 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
Tallesty1: Wonderfully wonderfulgrin

Oh you self follow me wonder
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by jmoore(m): 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
sameer1212: lolz, u tink gals of nawadays can cope wit dis?

If she can't cope, she is free to leave. I no dey look face oh.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 16, 2014

Wow Bro, It seems I've found myself a mind reader. Honesty, this should be like the third time you said something as I wished to say it. cheesy

See, mine goes exactly like yours with a little bit adjustment. Unlike you, I've made my mind to be generous when dating in a sensible way. A little there wouldn't hurt.

1 Like

Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Emmysteve(m): 10:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
I dey smell front page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Rocked The Breast Hanging Out Better? Lil Kim Vs Nicki Minaj / I Have Feelings For My Neighbor's Husband, What Should I Do? / Nurse Is Forced To Resign For Making Her Uniform Look Provocative And Sexy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.