Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,992 members, 7,899,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 02:39 PM

Orji Kalu : Igbos, Yorubas Cannot Become President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu : Igbos, Yorubas Cannot Become President (751 Views)

Leave North Within Two Weeks..Northern Youths Tell Igbos,Yorubas And South South / Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! / Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu : Igbos, Yorubas Cannot Become President by dridowu: 10:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
Former Governor of Abia, Chief Orji Kalu, on Tuesday said an Igbo or Yoruba cannot become president of Nigeria without the support of other geo-political zones in the country.
Orji who spoke to journalists at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) in Lagos, Kalu noted that President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration needed all the support to ensure stability in the country.
Kalu said the South-East would mobilise for President Jonathan in the 2015 election, which was the game plan that would bring him back for another term.
“The truth of the matter is that Igbos cannot make themselves president. Neither the Ijaws nor Yorubas can become president without the support of other tribes and other Nigerians.
“They will need the assistance of other people in other geo-political zones to actualise their ambition,” he said.
Kalu said that the principle of rotation of power was good to balance the power equation in Nigeria. “I strongly believe that rotation has made many zones become president of Nigeria,” he said.
“I believe the ruling party is a strong brand. Unfortunately, some of my brothers from the South-East have been blowing hot and cold.
Kalu said that business moguls have more stake in the economy of the country than political leaders, and should ensure they promote peace.
“As businessmen, with the lives of many people in our hands, we, who are in business and industry, will need to pursue peace and national stability. Instability is not good for us, it is not good for the nation, and it is not good for the system.
“Many European countries are coming together, why can we not build a united Nigeria? We need peace,” he said.
Kalu also had some words for his successor, Thoedore Orji. He advised him to use the state’s resources for the development of the people.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/09/16/igbos-yorubas-cannot-become-president-orji-kalu/
Re: Orji Kalu : Igbos, Yorubas Cannot Become President by yuncka: 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Orji Kalu : Igbos, Yorubas Cannot Become President by diamondpaul(m): 10:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
Sorry I thought reading that content's is of no use...but that topic call's for attention igbo nd yoruba are certainly two rope end in politic's that. They can never meet...with or without the support of the masses a yoruba would enter with ease and conviction. That's all.
Re: Orji Kalu : Igbos, Yorubas Cannot Become President by masu: 1:24am On Sep 17, 2014
Mr orji u are very right here. That is why i want yoruba and ibo to unite quik so that we can send fulani hausas to chad republic they belong.

Obj first tenure was possible with the help of all nigerian zones without southwest. I blv yorubas owe ibos a reciprocate of that favor.
D way i see ibos and yorubas i can confidently say that an ibo man can vote yoruba candidate but no yoruba can vote an ibo candidate,
How i wish yorubas will give up ibo hatred so that we can face our common enemies (hausa fulani) together.

We from midfle belt has made this mistake in the past by allianating with the core north and we learnt in a hard way,
Pls south west folks should desist from voting a fulanihausa man to seat of power in naija if they wish us all well.

A word is enuf for the wise

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu : Igbos, Yorubas Cannot Become President by MayorofLagos(m): 1:37am On Sep 17, 2014
Former Governor of Abia, Chief Orji Kalu, on Tuesday said an Igbo or Yoruba cannot become president of Nigeria without the support of other geo-political zones in the country.

What University did this former accidental governor graduate from? grin grin

Yoruba has always formed political alliance, thats what makes us the opposition power house of Nigerian politics. We straddle power in rulership and opposition because we (Yoruba race) perfected the art of building bridges across divides and in fact taught others how to do it.

Ibo is suddenly awake to the benefits of alliance, and instead of admitting they are new in the territory, as usual.....Ibo must find a stronger and more dominant group to attach to. grin. Wetin concern Yoruba and Ibo in this one?

Drop the attachment abeg!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

European MP Claims APC Is Funding Boko Haram / Man With Implanted Horns Arraigned In Court For Murder / Delta To ?commission The Warri/effurun Water Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.