Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,886 members, 7,883,110 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

Should Guys Also Wear Engagement Ring? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Should Guys Also Wear Engagement Ring? (404 Views)

Let's Call Off The Engagement And Know If We Really Want Each Other, He Said. / Need Female Alaga For Yoruba Engagement Ceremony DC Or North Carolina, USA / Put A Ring On It - What Does Each Finger Represent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Guys Also Wear Engagement Ring? by will2lead(m): 5:25am On Sep 17, 2014
This thread is basically a question posed with your replies been personal and general conclusions can be drawn from these replies.

With regards to engagement between male and female towards marriage, and the putting of engagement ring on the female's hand as a sign of been engaged to a man not necessarily meaning they are married; which she could wear for as short or as long as possible... Basically sending away all other suitors to this lady because she has indicated she is engaged (but not married) to a man which doesn't wear his own sign of been engaged to a her.

Is dis fair enough to the female folks as well as what is the opinion of the male folks with reasons for which ever of the divide you fall under.

As for my stand; I wish they both wear engagement rings and take it off on their wedding day when they exchange it for wedding rings because a guy putting on an engagement ring notifies other female folks that this guy already has a lady he is engaged to and is not available just like the lady on the other side. What's your opinion

Re: Should Guys Also Wear Engagement Ring? by Shigoboy(m): 5:39am On Sep 17, 2014
NO
Re: Should Guys Also Wear Engagement Ring? by echobee(f): 5:51am On Sep 17, 2014
YESSSSSSSSS angry
Re: Should Guys Also Wear Engagement Ring? by SlyIg(f): 5:56am On Sep 17, 2014
And i ask you in return, who is engaging the guy?
Who is giving him the engagement ring?
He engaged his wife to be, so let him wait for the wedding ring.
It will look too odd for him to wear an engagement ring though.
Re: Should Guys Also Wear Engagement Ring? by vizkiz: 6:11am On Sep 17, 2014
you never pray say make the guy even wear your wedding ring sef grin
Re: Should Guys Also Wear Engagement Ring? by Tallesty1(m): 6:12am On Sep 17, 2014
If the ladies can buy the ring, go down on their knees and propose to us then no p. Ama wear it till thy kingdom come.
Re: Should Guys Also Wear Engagement Ring? by will2lead(m): 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Let me rephrase the question: "How do we recognize, or how do ladies recognize a guy that is engaged?" There are guys that engage a lady and date other ladies for years, and these ladies fall for such a without knowing he is engaged to another girl and he suddenly breaks there hearts when they realise his wedding is coming up soon to another lady he has been engaged to for quite a while because there is no sign that he is engaged. And this is different in the case of an engaged lady because any approaching guy first sights the engagement ring and takes caution on how to proceed.

My question now is; how should engaged guys be identified just like the female folks?

(1) (Reply)

Movie Audition / Warri Dating Thread / Female Adult Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.