Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:46 AM

I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. (910 Views)

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / South Africans Ignore Appeal, Continue Attacks On Foreigners / Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. by funkelola(f): 6:01am On Nov 03, 2008
Today is US election.
Re: I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. by Don1DeMaco: 7:15am On Nov 03, 2008
Dont think so at least not directly
cos he is black doesnt mean they would loosen immigration rules for africans
or they would send more aid than b4 to africa
or they would help africa recover their stolen wealth from the west.

apart from the man's skin colour he is white through and through
went to white school, had a white upbringing, ,
though married a black woman and has a black family

All the same I love the guy cos of his Yes we can speech
If i could i would keep thumbprinting or whatever it is they do in America for him all day
just like they did for Agagu in Ondo state if u know what i mean?
or use the PDP model of winning at all cost

I see it as a challenge for american democracy and lets hope and pray he wins cos a new conspiracy to paint the man black the real colour that he is has started in America, esp by the media with talks of his illegal immigrant aunt, the fact that the media have been very unfair to McCain bla bla bla

Lets hope and pray he wins, would be lighting a candle for him out here and would be watching closely esp for a repaet of the Bush Vs Al Gore election of 2000, where they came for a crash course on how to rig elections in Nigeria.
Re: I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. by pilgrim1(f): 11:31am On Nov 03, 2008
"do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans.?"

@funkelola, in what ways did you suppose that Obama may have positive impact on Africans? Besides the inspiration it may afford to many aspiring Africans who seek to reach their goals by dint of hardwork, would there be some other things you had in mind?
Re: I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. by Bastage: 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2008
An Obama win will have a positive effect on the whole world.

Not just Africa.

1 Like

Re: I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. by tpia: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. by courage89(m): 6:27pm On Nov 04, 2008
I think on the short and long run, he’s coming to power will affect Africans positively. Depend on our views towards change; some might view it as necessary and some might view it as being too strict or not needed at all. I believe with him coming to power;

•Let me start with his background (Being an African decent and understanding what its like to be poor) – I believe this will instill moral discipline and vote of self confidence into common minds of many African decent like me and African Americans that anything and everything is possible… through hard work, sacrifice, establishment, good planning, dedication we can achieve it. And there is no short corner.

•I believe the perception of people on how we relate to one another based on the color of our skin, geographical location, social class, income, education, psychographic, will change in general. I am not saying discrimination based on the color of our skin or geographical location (black vs. white, African decent vs. Black American) will be eliminated completely, but certain improvement and progress will occur and this will elevate the trend to a new direction.

•I believe there are certain measures that have been put in place among G-8, G-20 which might not be visible to Africans. I believe some of these measures continue to limit our abilities as a continent or as individual countries. With him in power, some of these measures stand higher chance of being overturned for the equality of all man.

•I believe Africans need to work to attain self sufficient capabilities rather than waiting for other countries to come to their rescue through financial aids and other packages. This on the long run hinders our ability to grow. I believe blindly that with him in power these attitude and culture will change. I believe he will push (either directly or indirectly) for technology enhancement in Africa, human resources development (through knowledge acquisitions).

More to come.
Re: I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. by DavidDylan(m): 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2008
nah. we are too busy stoning 13 yr olds and fighting guerilla wars. Obama cares for America first.
Re: I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. by Epiphany(m): 8:55pm On Nov 04, 2008
DavidDylan:

nah. we are too busy stoning 13 yr olds and fighting guerilla wars. Obama cares for America first.

Very true. His first responsibility is to his people, the Americans. Trying to sort all their present problems and issues will take up enough of his time, without his having to worry about Africa. But hey, i think WE, AFRICANS should sort ourselves out first and stop waiting for someone to help us.

As far as i am concerned, the fact that Obama has an African father does not make him 'African' in the sense of it. He was born, bred, cultured, schooled, married, etc etc abroad and there is no iorta of africannes in him except his name.

My opinion sha!
Re: I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2008
John F Kennedy had an impact on Africa, and people are here saying that a BLACK president wont?
There are many Africans and African Americans that truly believe they are not up to par with their Caucasian counterparts.
This will put the belief in every young black person that he/she can hold the highest office in the world!!!
Re: I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. by redsun(m): 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2008
For some deep rooted reasons,i don't see Obama winning,i think the white americans are voting en mass because they don't want it to happen,i may be wrong but just an intuition.
Re: I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:28pm On Nov 04, 2008
redsun:

For some deep rooted reasons,i don't see Obama winning,i think the white americans are voting en mass because they don't want it to happen,i may be wrong but just an intuition.
Do you think Obama would win with the support of blacks and other minorities alone? Core white democrats will still overwhelmingly vote democrat.
Re: I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. by tpia: 6:09am On Nov 05, 2008
Re: I Really Wish Obama Wins.do Think This Will Have Any Positive Impact On Africans. by DisGuy: 6:15am On Nov 05, 2008
maybe, maybe not

perhaps our law makers will appreciate and learn about the election process
how exciting and inspiring it has been, the efforts and system of selecting candidates
by party nominations and country-wide campaigns and even the media will probably
be more responsive, digging information and asking the right questions on behalf of the
people

(1) (Reply)

If Not For Tribalism: Fashola Should Be Nigeria's Next President / Russia Becomes A Member Of The Wto: Is There Any Deal Over Syria? / Nigerians Deported Via Cargo Airline Unprepared!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.