Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,922 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:25 AM

Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? (988 Views)

Photo Of The Day: Father & 5 Children On A Suicide Mission / 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? / Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by youngwarlocks: 10:34am On Sep 18, 2014
while my younger sister keeps receiving guides on sex from my mother, my father didnt tell me any b4 he gave up d ghost...... I just want to knw why fathers dont tell deir sons anytin abt sex. ls it dat it is not neccessary?, fathers, ur views ar very important here..
Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by cococandy(f): 11:14am On Sep 18, 2014
Help me ask

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by coogar: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2014
youngwarlocks: while my younger sister keeps receiving guides on sex from my mother, my father didnt tell me any b4 he gave up d ghost...... I just want to knw why fathers dont tell deir sons anytin abt sex. ls it dat it is not neccessary?, fathers, ur views ar very important here..

duh....because you cannot be impregnated! boys are safe, girls are the endangered species.

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by bennyrazz: 11:35am On Sep 18, 2014
Did forefathers teach their sons how to have sex with a woman? no! the only sëx lesson you can get on sèx as a man is from your friends or close colleagues who also got the same lesson from a colleague or a book on it. The whole thing of sèx to a man is allowing your instincts take over when you see a full naked woman on a couch or a bed. Some men will tell you they learnt the whole idea of sex from a girl somewhere or from one crazy aunty or love peddler? the only sex lesson I learnt from my father is "Ben, if you impregnate a girl, just be ready to pack out of my house because the way I see girls flocking around you is not good" my father yells this everyday when I was just 15. I never knew what real condoms were like but one thing I remember was burning my dad's condom stash and my Dad started asking everyone in the house, who took my rubber, who took my rubber? when we ask him to describe the rubber, he just goes mute.

2 Likes

Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by youngwarlocks: 12:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
bennyrazz: Did forefathers teach their sons how to have sex with a woman? no! the only sëx lesson you can get on sèx as a man is from your friends or close colleagues who also got the same lesson from a colleague or a book on it. The whole thing of sèx to a man is allowing your instincts take over when you see a full naked woman on a couch or a bed. Some men will tell you they learnt the whole idea of sex from a girl somewhere or from one crazy aunty or love peddler? the only sex lesson I learnt from my father is "Ben, if you impregnate a girl, just be ready to pack out of my house because the way I see girls flocking around you is not good" my father yells this everyday when I was just 15. I never knew what real condoms were like but one thing I remember was burning my dad's condom stash and my Dad started asking everyone in the house, who took my rubber, who took my rubber? when we ask him to describe the rubber, he just goes mute.
funny u...thanks and noted
Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by cococandy(f): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
But they can still get saddled with the upkeep of a baby they don't want.
If my husband doesn't sex educate our boys,I'll do that myself.
coogar:

duh....because you cannot be impregnated! boys are safe, girls are the endangered species.

2 Likes

Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by coogar: 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
cococandy: But they can still get saddled with the upkeep of a baby they don't want.
If my husband doesn't sex educate our boys,I'll do that myself.

which baby?
is he the one that would carry the baby for 9 months, breastfeed the baby or stop his school for a baby? if a teenage boy impregnates a girl, his parents would take full responsibility of the upkeep of that baby......

the risk is minimal for the boys. the only reason african parents even warn the boys to zip up is because they are scared of the extra mouth they would have to feed, not because they think the boy's progress might be slowed down.

2 Likes

Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by thorpido(m): 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
The 10 footballers on a field can wander around the field but the goalkeeper can't really do that and always must watch the goalpost.
The burden of pregnancy on a teenage girl far outweighs that on a teenage boy.Nevertheless,boys ought to be taught too so they don't mess up some young girl's life.

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
thorpido: The 10 footballers on a field can wander around the field but the goalkeeper can't really do that and always must watch the goalpost.
The burden of pregnancy on a teenage girl far outweighs that on a teenage boy.Nevertheless,boys ought to be taught to so they don't mess up some young girl's life.

What about STDs??

Are boys immune?

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by thorpido(m): 3:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What about STDs??

Are boys immune?
Yea STDs too.More men are presenting with low sperm count so boys have responsibilities too.

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
thorpido: Yea STDs too.More men are presenting with low sperm count so boys have responsibilities too.

Low sperm count is not the only issue.

STDs can kill or leave a person with lasting and serious health issues.

2 Likes

Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by TV01(m): 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Here too; women are more readily infected than men and the consequences typically more far reaching. Nature hasn't cottoned on to notions of equality just yet.

TV

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
TV01:

Here too; women are more readily infected than men and the consequences typically more far reaching. Nature hasn't cottoned on to notions of equality just yet.

TV

It's true that women are at a higher risk because they can get infected more easily but that does not mean that the risk for men is low and it also does not mean that they are immune.

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by TV01(m): 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
carefreewannabe: It's true that women are at a higher risk because they can get infected more easily but that does not mean that the risk for men is low and it also does not mean that they are immune.
No one has asserted anything you are refuting here and the point you affirm has already been stated.

So simply put; if it's a pregnancy, females are typically left holding the baby, if it's disease, women are more at risk. Hence the inordinate emphasis placed on educating and protecting daughters. We should of course equally educate our sons.

Happy?

TV

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
TV01:
No one has asserted anything you are refuting here and the point you affirm has already been stated.

The question of this thread is why fathers don't educate their sons. People have said that it is because girls can get pregnant and are thus more heavily affected.

STDs have NOT been taken into consideration so I decided to mention them.

So simply put; if it's a pregnancy, females are typically left holding the baby, if it's disease, women are more at risk. Hence the inordinate emphasis placed on educating and protecting daughters. We should of course equally educate our sons.

Happy?

TV

Happy.

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? by thorpido(m): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

We're in the same direction.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Things Women Wish They Had Known Before They Got Married / My Wife Had Been Doing This While I Was Outside Playing Away Game / How Do You Sleep?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.